Superb MKIII owners register

4 minutes ago, Darrenbvrs said:

I'm new to the Superb thread having traded in my 2015 Octavia VRS for a new face lift Superb Sportline. 

I dropped from the diesel 184bhp VRS to a petrol 150 bhp 1.5 petrol but I have absolutely no regrets. I absolutely love the Superb and it's perfect for the driving I do. 

I've added my own touches to it. 

Colour coded front emblem, wind deflectors, German style writing on plates (not everyone's taste, I know),

front splitter, side skirts, upper rear window spoiler, rear diffuser, sprayed the chrome false exhausts black and sprayed the wheels anthracite grey (not a fan of the polished finish).

IMG_20200505_211347.jpg

IMG_20200505_211501.jpg

IMG_20200506_200514.jpg

IMG_20200505_211012.jpg

Looking good Darren and welcome to Briskoda like your mods so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's a few recent pics of my recent purchase.  This is my first Skoda and I picked this up from my local Motor Depot a few months back.  Registered in Jan 2018 with only 16k on the clock when I picked it up, I have to say I absolutely love love love it.  Keeping it clean has become (and will only get worse) a bit of an obsession...i can see why it would be very easy to be OCD about it, spec wise it's pretty well loaded :-

Half leather/half fabric seats (Heated front)

Electric Drivers seat

ACC

Black interior

Panoramic roof

19" Vega alloys

Columbus sound system

Ambient lighting throughout

Painted brake calipers - not sure if that was a factory option or not...looks smart tho

Coming from a 15 year old Nissan x-trail this thing is like being in a limo, it is as the name suggests, Superb.  The dog loves it as well, he's got a lovely big boot to stretch out in and I love the way the parcel shelf tucks down in behind the back seats....what a stroke of genius that is !

Only things I wish it had are the blindspot warning lights on the wing mirrors and the virtual cockpit.  Electronic tailgate would be nice but more of a gimmicky thing I think but compared to what I had before I'm in the lap of luxury now and thinking of every opportunity to get out and about in it.  A bit tricky in the current climate but thankfully managed to get a good run in it down to South Wales and back (to the North East of England) for work, had it on the Eco setting most of the way and used the DCC as much as possible, got just under 800 miles out of a full tank of diesel which I was absolutely stunned at.

I seem to be spending all my time now reading up on DIY detailing so I can keep it clean and swirl free with minimal effort.

20200501_170933.jpg

20200501_170950.jpg

20200501_170914.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cronemeister said:

Here's a few recent pics of my recent purchase.  This is my first Skoda and I picked this up from my local Motor Depot a few months back.  Registered in Jan 2018 with only 16k on the clock when I picked it up, I have to say I absolutely love love love it.  Keeping it clean has become (and will only get worse) a bit of an obsession...i can see why it would be very easy to be OCD about it, spec wise it's pretty well loaded :-

Half leather/half fabric seats (Heated front)

Electric Drivers seat

ACC

Black interior

Panoramic roof

19" Vega alloys

Columbus sound system

Ambient lighting throughout

Painted brake calipers - not sure if that was a factory option or not...looks smart tho

Coming from a 15 year old Nissan x-trail this thing is like being in a limo, it is as the name suggests, Superb.  The dog loves it as well, he's got a lovely big boot to stretch out in and I love the way the parcel shelf tucks down in behind the back seats....what a stroke of genius that is !

Only things I wish it had are the blindspot warning lights on the wing mirrors and the virtual cockpit.  Electronic tailgate would be nice but more of a gimmicky thing I think but compared to what I had before I'm in the lap of luxury now and thinking of every opportunity to get out and about in it.  A bit tricky in the current climate but thankfully managed to get a good run in it down to South Wales and back (to the North East of England) for work, had it on the Eco setting most of the way and used the DCC as much as possible, got just under 800 miles out of a full tank of diesel which I was absolutely stunned at.

I seem to be spending all my time now reading up on DIY detailing so I can keep it clean and swirl free with minimal effort.

20200501_170933.jpg

20200501_170950.jpg

20200501_170914.jpg

I have a 2019 Sportline Plus which has silver painted calipers from factory so the first owner has painted them red. I will be painting mine at some point but not decided on colour yet. The Plus model gets the electric tailgate and blind spot monitoring as standard and these are 2 of my favourite features on the car, very useful on a day to day basis. A previous 1.4TSi manual 2016 Superb I owned managed 800 miles a tank just on my 27 mile commute.

My 1st post on here. The last 2 years I had a Superb SE Tech 150 Estate. Loved it.

I have just swapped it for a Hatchback Sportline Plus 190.

36 minutes ago, Kurfy said:

My 1st post on here. The last 2 years I had a Superb SE Tech 150 Estate. Loved it.

I have just swapped it for a Hatchback Sportline Plus 190.

Photo please. Is the 190 petrol or diesel?. Welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently picked up a 2015 Superb L&K , Gizmo has used his magic VCDS to activate all that can be 👍 Many Thanks.

The boot is humungous , very comfortable , amount of toys is like being in an electronics toy store .  The Fabia vRS is a great car and I will miss it,( gone but not forgotten) but its time for comfort.

• Like 2

Finally picked up the 19 plate Superb Combi L&K over two months late due to the lockdown. Fairly impressed so far.

DSC_0752.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, moley said:

Finally picked up the 19 plate Superb Combi L&K over two months late due to the lockdown. Fairly impressed so far.

DSC_0752.JPG

Just need to remove the Octy signature to the left if that made way for SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER. Welcome to the Mk3 section. With the big boys now.:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just need to remove the Octy signature to the left if that made way for SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER. Welcome to the Mk3 section. With the big boys now.:thumbup:

Already done that.;)

• Like 1

Dunno why that’d be.

Anyway I disliked all the Skoda badging on the tailgate and removed it all, but I especially hated the L&K script “stickers” on the wings. To me they looked cheap and nasty and they kept catching the microfibres too. 

My previous car: L&K TSI 280 4x4, sunroof,19 inch alloys, detachable towbar fitted. Bought at two years old, exchanged two weeks ago at three years old. sold twoB2991

IMG_20200527_114143.jpg

And this is the new one. I didn't plan on getting a new car as I was very happy with my white superb. But I saw a really good offer on this one and reckoned I'd enjoy the latest model even more. How right I was, I love it.

L&K TSI 272 4x4, sunroof. 69 reg.

IMG_20200612_180425.jpg

IMG_20200612_180713.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/06/2020 at 19:38, WolfK said:

And this is the new one. I didn't plan on getting a new car as I was very happy with my white superb. But I saw a really good offer on this one and reckoned I'd enjoy the latest model even more. How right I was, I love it.

L&K TSI 272 4x4, sunroof. 69 reg. imageproxy.php?img=&key=00da0a65627968c1

IMG_20200612_180425.jpg

IMG_20200612_180713.jpg

Those wheels looks Very jazzy. Aerodynamic even, like it actually moves the air in/out with the blades. 

17 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

Those wheels looks Very jazzy. Aerodynamic even, like it actually moves the air in/out with the blades. 

So they look like traction spokes one side and braking spokes the other, though it would be madness to have them handed for each side of the car.

11 hours ago, facet edge said:

I really like that colour. When I bought mine I thought that the only blue was the solid colour which looked very flat.

I am surprised how many compliments I"m getting on the colour, almost on a daily basis.

To be honest, neither with this nor the previous white one did I actually choose the colour. I chose the spec, essentially the top model, with sunroof as a must. In both cases there was exactly one such car around. For my 17 reg 280bhp model I had to drive to Birmingham from SE London to buy it. This one happened to be at my local dealer but nowhere else was another one available. So no choice really. Luckily my wife was never that keen on white and adores this 'petrol blue', which has pacified her a little bit after calling me crazy for spending more money on cars, a year after the previous purchase.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my new car yesterday, SEL IV.  I regret not specifying the TSR function as it appears to also enable the Predictive Cruise control function. 

I could not find information relating to this before placing my order at the dealership and even Skoda Customer service could verify this.

I am hoping i can find a way to get a software upgrade from a third party to enable these functions for me.  The dealership are unable to assist.

Any advice will be most welcomed.

20200626_154938.thumb.jpg.da77dace5e2d1814fb1458e31488af75.jpg

• Like 2

Depends if you have the A5 camera fitted (I know the SE L didn’t used have it as std fit)

0ED6AF66-DC74-4657-B223-9BC4E849463A.jpeg

I would imagine you will also need different hardware fitting for PCC

Edited by Gizmo

Picked up my new (to me) Sportline last Friday. 

haven’t time to post as I’m going back outside to lick it once again. Yes I love it that much! 😁👍

ps. It’s been a while 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, GCN7 said:

Picked up my new car yesterday, SEL IV.  I regret not specifying the TSR function as it appears to also enable the Predictive Cruise control function. 

I could not find information relating to this before placing my order at the dealership and even Skoda Customer service could verify this.

I am hoping i can find a way to get a software upgrade from a third party to enable these functions for me.  The dealership are unable to assist.

Any advice will be most welcomed.

20200626_154938.thumb.jpg.da77dace5e2d1814fb1458e31488af75.jpg

I have owned two Superbs, a 16 plate SE Tech and now an 18 plate SEL Exec. I will probably never buy a car that doesn't have ACC. To me it's one of the best features on any modern car. I'm not sure Predictice Cruise Control (PCC) would be as revolutionary as ACC was. I'm still surprised when I meet people who say they NEVER use it, often saying they don't trust the electronics. 

As a matter of interest, what does TSR stand for?

12 minutes ago, AndrewScott said:

I have owned two Superbs, a 16 plate SE Tech and now an 18 plate SEL Exec. I will probably never buy a car that doesn't have ACC. To me it's one of the best features on any modern car. I'm not sure Predictice Cruise Control (PCC) would be as revolutionary as ACC was. I'm still surprised when I meet people who say they NEVER use it, often saying they don't trust the electronics. 

As a matter of interest, what does TSR stand for?

Traffic Sign Recognition.:thumbup: