Superb III Sportline

Link to Estate version: http://skoda-auto.cm/en/models/new-superb-combi-sportline/#ExtendableModuleWebPart

According to this the optional 19" wheels are different to that initially shown

"The 18” alloy wheels in the high-shine, platinum-coloured Zenith (rear) design bring out the car’s dynamic appearance. The 19” alloy wheels in the exclusive new Vega design are available as an optional upgrade"

wheels_zpsmjugupw7.jpg

200%20pixel%20big_zpsfaxhqclo.jpg

Edited by prepus
  • Like 1

Each one of course to his own opinion. I think the new hatch is a great improvement over the S2 hatch but for me the estate is not boring and old and definitely not compared to the S2 estate.

• Like 1

Damn, for the life of me i cannot figure out how people say the estate looks better.

IMO the estate version of most cars looks exactly the same - boring and old.

Whereas I think the hatch looks boring and old :-)

• Like 3

car1_zpsfxpkbpmi.jpg

vs

car1e_zpsypbe5ftp.jpg

For looks, the combi anytime, the "C" pillar on the hatch just looks to be in the wrong place.

This is one area where the Mk5 Mondeo is better.

But, to drive, go for the hatch, the road noise from the rear of the Estate is very annoying.

SWMBO & I managed to drive both variants yesterday, the hatch is quieter, but since they were both on the optional

19" rims, neither car was quiet enough to justify (to us) the cost to change.

DC, boring & old, just like the cars........ 

W,

• Like 1

Link to Estate version: http://skoda-auto.cm/en/models/new-superb-combi-sportline/#ExtendableModuleWebPart

According to this the optional 19" wheels are different to that initially shown

"The 18” alloy wheels in the high-shine, platinum-coloured Zenith (rear) design bring out the car’s dynamic appearance. The 19” alloy wheels in the exclusive new Vega design are available as an optional upgrade"

wheels_zpsmjugupw7.jpg

200%20pixel%20big_zpsfaxhqclo.jpg

I think these are they

IMG_5985_zpsoucza3j4.jpg

Damn, for the life of me i cannot figure out how people say the estate looks better.

IMO the estate version of most cars looks exactly the same - boring and old.

Your opinion is incorrect ;-)

• Like 1

+1.....obviously each to their own but personally I think the estate is much better looking than the hatch, wish it wasn't....would have saved me £1200!!

On the S2 I would have agreed, on the S3 there is little in it IMO, I prefer the hatch slightly (obviously which is why I ordered one) as it is almost a coupé 

• Like 1

I've only just realised this is even, like, a thing. I LOVE the look of this car.

I think that I may be the exact target demographic. Bloke in his early thirties with kids who likes the idea of an executive barge and needs a lot of room, but who regrets never having owned an Impreza WRX. It's like the Octavia VRS on steroids. (I do appreciate that the engine range is the same as in the standard car and the changes are largely cosmetic.)

I wouldn't mind this with the 4x4 and 280hp, and that's what I'm basing my enthusiasm on. I appreciate the idea of a sleeper car and that some people would see this thing as 'ruining the surprise' but let's face it, it's hardly the General Lee. It's a standard Superb half an inch closer to the ground with big wheels and a tailfin. It's essentially a collection of reasonably subtle tweaks that the Skoda marketing department knows will have idiots like me forming an orderly queue to buy a big-engined petrol Superb when they otherwise probably wouldn't have given the car the time of day.

I thought I was set on whatever large SUV they bring out, but now I'm not so sure. I first read this thread on my phone last night in bed and I couldn't get to sleep for an hour afterwards. THAT's how excited I am.

• Like 2

I just had a telephone conversation with a salesman at Johnsons Škoda in Tyburn Road, Birmingham and he said that Skoda UK marketing had confirmed to him the 'Sportline' trim would be available from July 2016. I wait to received similar information from multiple dealers to be absolutely sure but its looking good people.

I won't be considering taking the Czechoslovakian plunge until July 2017, probably a TDI 190 DSG Estate on 19s if my budget will stretch, but that'll give me time to decide between red and white!

Edited by prepus

• 1 month later...

Is it yet confirmed which spec the Sportline will be based off of?

Will it be off the SE like the VRs Octavia is? I am in hope of it being based off the SE L or the L&K (but know that will not happen)

I'll bet money it will be based on the SE, just like the Monte Carlo Yeti and vRS Octavia are

If it's based on the SE-L or L&K, once the pretty bits have been added, the price will be around £35-40k before options.