Build quality of Superb III

mtl

Do you have any problems with built quality of your Superb 3?
Has anyone had squeaks in the rear-view mirror (Lane Assist camera) when the car is twisting (for ex. when it goes over the bumps, etc.)

Nobody has one yet !!

Intereseting. Then let us wait until somebody get's it. :D

The brand new Press Launch cars and Demonstrators drive just lovely,

but then if they do not somebody needs sacked.

I will be interested in your comments on how DCC in Comfort mode is working over the bumps... :peek:  Because I haven't driven the car with adjustable suspension that would behave so badly over the bumps. As if the suspension is completely worn out. After the bumps it swings front/back two times. :swear:

With this in mind it is still a great car, packed with the latest technology.

Edited by mtl

I am getting the ex demo hatch from my local dealer so have been test driving it extensively. I absolutely hate squeaks rattles etc but I haven't noticed a thing in this car (and that's on 19s without DCC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperB-NI confirmed to me they are indeed H8

Perfect. I currently adore my Mk3 Fabia and spent a considerable sum on upgrading all lighting to LED, including the cornering fogs. But I am very seriously swaying towards getting a Superb soon and P/Xing the fantastic Fabia. And just happy to know that I can bring the CREE fogs over.

I just hate with a passion the look of XENON DIPS/LED DRL on the headlight housing and then seeing a murky yellow halogen Foglight when cornering!

• Like 1

+1

Care to share the CREE H8 link you have.

I am considering these as I have fitted them to our last 3 cars and they are as near as damn it xenon white.

As opposed to a 'xenon look' halogen... I've gone all out CREE led with drivers and ludicrous lumen output. But you have to pay the price for it!

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/cree-led-headlights/h8-led-headlights-headlamps/h8-cree-led-headlight-kit-3200-lumens

With these, cornering lights genuinely brighten up a significant section of the right/left side of the car.

Forgive my ignorance but how do you get around the dashboard warning light? I was under the impression that in the latest cars you needed some sort of canbus system to fool the ECU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may well be an issue with the LED’s (CREE or otherwise) however I fitted CREE DRL’s to my MKII Superb Estate and they were fine... HOWEVER you do get the initial bulb test flashes when the ignition is turned on, this uses very little power but it is enough to make an LED flash, with the halogens (like my link) they do not light up or flash as the power is not enough whilst it’s doing its ‘bulb out’ checks.

The bulb out check may be able to disabled (with VCDS) on the MKIII??

Forgive my ignorance but how do you get around the dashboard warning light? I was under the impression that in the latest cars you needed some sort of canbus system to fool the ECU.

All you have to do is purchase CANBUS compliant bulbs. I've not faced an issue once as each bulb/kit I've tried is from a Trusted seller (as some eBay merchants can be dodge!) and with LED kits they often have a separate driver which helps reduce the voltage down so that the bulb can trick the computer into thinking it's drawing a higher amount of juice, as a stock halogen would for example. I've found going LED is better for your battery overall and of course you have a crisper white output but often the beam isn't as good as gas based light. So shopping around and putting some money together for a high lumen, CREE kit was my solution.

As for xenon-look halogens, definitely don't knock em but it's just preference that pushes me towards LED. For an easy plug and play swap, I highly recommend the Japanese brand MTEC which can be bought from HIDs Direct (such as http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-h8-12v-35w-super-white-hid-class-upgrade-bulbs/) which are 100% error free, look just like xenon but are cheap and easy plug and play. My Fabia's high beams are these ones (linked) whereas the dips are a fully fledged HID Conversion kit. The Superb of course comes with stock xenon but the Fabia has a perfectly formed projector housing but standard halogen bulbs! Cutting corners Skoda. Tut Tut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can just code fog lights to LED and there is no need for CANBUS ready LED lights which produce quite a lot of heat. And no dashboard warning light.

You can just code fog lights to LED and there is no need for CANBUS ready LED lights which produce quite a lot of heat. And no dashboard warning light.

Do they do the start up ‘bulb check’ flash when you turn the ignition on?

• Like 1

Do they do the start up ‘bulb check’ flash when you turn the ignition on?

I am 99% sure that no, but I will check and confirm later.

• Like 1

Has anyone had squeaks in the rear-view mirror (Lane Assist camera) when the car is twisting (for ex. when it goes over the bumps, etc.)

I have driven two different cars for over 200 miles with no squeaks or rattles but then a new car should not do either of those should it. Edited by Danny 57

Thanks  :thumbup:

Now to be a PITA any chance of a photo of them fitted and a link... there are thousands to choose between so would rather buy from recommendations 

(sorry Dilz but 3100 for a pair of LED’s just isn’t going to happen!!  :D .... no matter how good they are)

I just hate with a passion the look of XENON DIPS/LED DRL on the headlight housing and then seeing a murky yellow halogen Foglight when cornering!

Totally agree with you on the yellow halogens!. Really take from the look of the car. Those halogens don't do the new Passat any favours either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks  :thumbup:

Now to be a PITA any chance of a photo of them fitted and a link... there are thousands to choose between so would rather buy from recommendations 

I will try to find out. Currently there are LEDs with resistors installed, though on Tuesday there should be without resistors. I will update, when I see this combination.

But, if the fog lights are coded to LED, than it should not be any inital bulb check, because I suspect that computer adjusts check to LED ;).

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Have you experienced this?