Diesel octy vrs. Shouldn't cancel and reorder ?

That's not what your title says :)

I'm collecting mine on Friday, not going to let the fiasco with VW spoil my enjoyment of the car, if it comes to pass it's effected in some way, I'll deal with it then.

• Like 1

Don't ask for another discount. But walk up to him and say that you're not comfortable with the dishonesty VW have shown with the engine, this is leading you to have serious concerns over other possible irregularities (quote fuel consumption, digital readouts etc) and as a result you are having to reconsider the purchase and look at alternatives. (have a few lined up) then watch at how far he is willing to go to keep you out of the Ford and Vauxhall dealerships down the road.

• Like 1

Don't ask for another discount. But walk up to him and say that you're not comfortable with the dishonesty VW have shown with the engine, this is leading you to have serious concerns over other possible irregularities (quote fuel consumption, digital readouts etc) and as a result you are having to reconsider the purchase and look at alternatives. (have a few lined up) then watch at how far he is willing to go to keep you out of the Ford and Vauxhall dealerships down the road.

They haven't been dishonest with the engine, the OP's car is on order so will be Euro6 which aren't affected anyway.

• Like 1

Maybe they've not been dishonest about this engine, but I can see the OP's point.

I would be very surprised if there is no extra discounts being handed out in a few months for most of the VAG group brands.

One of the deals I always remember for Skoda is the 0% vat (20% discount really) which could be a considerable amount on a VRS.

I agree the engine is not a risk in the vrs but from the dealers point of view, you as a member of the public have just been bombarded with this by the media and you don't know the full story but know enough to be having second thoughts. Plus its less about the individual engine and more about talking the moral high ground and the principal of blatantly cheating. If it saves you and extra grand our two, it's worth lying to a car salesman :P

• Like 1

I agree the engine is not a risk in the vrs but from the dealers point of view, you as a member of the public have just been bombarded with this by the media and you don't know the full story but know enough to be having second thoughts. Plus its less about the individual engine and more about talking the moral high ground and the principal of blatantly cheating. If it saves you and extra grand our two, it's worth lying to a car salesman :p

Who's taking the moral high ground?

• Like 1

I am picking up my diesel car tomorow and i trust the dealer when he says EU 6 engines are not affected but if the order was done today i would order a petrol.

all the fuzz about diesel cars will only get worse....

"The EA189 TDI is the 2.0L four-cylinder engine which include the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology. This software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder."

http://www.tflcar.com/2015/09/vw-tdi-dieselgate-scandal-affects-11-million-cars-vw-ceo-to-step-down-news/

It begs the question where you would put your business if you cancelled? Don't hear BMW or Mercedes shouting from the rooftops that they are whiter than white. GM, the French, Italians.....also quiet. Why on earth wouldn't they do that to take advantage of VAG's monumental **** up for their gain. Spoke to my dealer today who said he was expecting opportunist buyers to threaten cancellation for further discount. I suspect they will be disappointed though.

As someone on another topic said... This is huge, certainly not confined to vw and Audi, and it may just be so monumental in scale to deter any official govt action. Kind of like we all know smoking causes a myriad of ways to die, but it hasn't been banned yet...

Go ahead, maintain the order and be risk aware, not risk averse...

Asking if your engine is affected = Valid post.

Asking if you should cancel an order on a vehicle with an engine that isn't affected = non starter.

As for discounts, again non starter for me. They'll be saving those for the engines ACTUALLY affected. Pick your car up. Drive it and enjoy it. This "noise" hyped on the media will be old news soon when Toyotas next global recall happens. Or we discover the moon is made of cheese!

Like above just the tip if the iceberg. I'm sure others will trip over in the not so distant future.

Take it and enjoy the car, as per the VED that's subject to change regardless of what it is now.

Please remember that there isn't actually anything 'wrong' with any of these engines!!!! They are not about to break or do something catastrophic! Vw used their technological know how to circumnavigate the super tight US emission rules to try and get their business in America. Ok they went about it the wrong way but can the same be said about companies like Google who store all you information and sell it to companies then tell you it's to make your google experience better? Is this not also deception? The vag tdi engine is absolutely the best in the industry! The software is probably generic to all the ecu's on the 2.0tdi, but it's only active in curtain markets, except the new euro 6 units, which they have said categorically are not affected and well within limits so the original post is therefore unfounded.

Can anyone on here actually be honest and say they purchased their car solely on the amount of exhaust emissions it produces? Looks, power, performance, ability, or suiting there needs never came into the decision?? And the low emissions meant only that the tax would be cheaper so bonus!

Looking at it differently, anyone who is running around in a tdi that's been de-dpf'd is actually doing a thousand times more harm than any cheating vw engine. Partical matter is the real villan.

Yes vw were wrong but stop all the scaremongering it's getting boring.

Oh my tdi Vrs is being built week 45, can't wait!

• Like 3

Ah the modern British compensation culture:- where there is a blame there is a claim.

Sad

Couldn't have said it any better. Don't listen to suggestion on taking the car straight off. Leverage this situation for your own benefit and share your concerns with the dealer. We don't know the full story, and it is more about your trust in VAG - that now is non-existing. You might not get anything from this, but doesn't hurt to try.