What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

Hi all

I am new to these forums, due to pick up my Fabia on 1st March.

I got a DAS Pro 6 for xmas so recently bought some additions to my ever growing collection of products...

Last purchase to get ready for my New delivery was:

Bilbery wheel cleaner

Iron-x

FK1000p high temp wax (for the wheels)

Hexlogic 4" orange pad

Hexlogic 4" black pad

Menzerna Super Finish polish

Large super plush buffing towel

fabric guard 303

I think i am going to need a bigger storage unit for all this soon :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pshed said:

Hi all

I got a DAS Pro 6 for xmas so recently bought some additions to my ever growing collection of products...

Bilbery wheel cleaner

Iron-x

Hexlogic 4" orange pad

Hexlogic 4" black pad

fabric guard 303

Some great choices there. In fact, the only product I haven't used there is the 303 fabric guard! Welcome along buddy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pshed said:

Hi all

Bilbery wheel cleaner

Iron-x

Hexlogic 4" orange pad

Hexlogic 4" black pad

fabric guard 303

Hi and Welcome to Briskoda! 

Some great products there, sounds like you'll be busy!

Keep us updated with your endeavours and enjoy.

If you have any questions there are many helpful folk here to discuss n advise, n maybe we can learn from you too!

All the best 

David 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

Some great choices there. In fact, the only product I haven't used there is the 303 fabric guard! Welcome along buddy.

I have only ever used the Fabric Guard on my garden furniture - but it works well and the reviews are good so thought I would try it on the carpet mats first - if all goes well then may do the seats and carpet with it to.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, firthster said:

Poor boys is the only stuff to use

They do some okay products, but I think you're in for a treat if you ever feel the need to try some other brands. ;)

• Like 2

I

9 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

They do some okay products, but I think you're in for a treat if you ever feel the need to try some other brands. ;)

ive tryed loads on my Rs over the years and on dark cars I've got to say poor boys is the dogs

image.jpeg

• Like 2

They look great buddy. I've used a few of the poor boys products, the polish was okay via DA, but I found Black Hole really underwhelming compared to the other glazes I have tried. Natty's blue was nice to use, but didn't last too long. But for the price it's great value. I do like to try different products and haven't found a brand that ticks all the boxes, so wouldn't really pidgeon hole myself to one brand personally.

Thanks for sharing the photos!! Great cars as well as being well presented!

• Like 2

I have to agree with Hunty278 - I was unimpressed Poorboys Black hole, never really thought it did much for my black A3,  used it then 2 layers of Angelwax Dark Chocolate wax over the top...  same results with or without the glaze. 

Natty blue paste was easy to use and produced a decent gloss/shine my previous silver car. 

I have now got a DA and Menzerna Powerlock, so once I have the new car I will see what results I get with this on candy white, may stick to the angelwax for the black roof though just to try and use some of it up... seems to last forever !!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pshed said:

I have to agree with Hunty278 - I was unimpressed Poorboys Black hole, never really thought it did much for my black A3,  used it then 2 layers of Angelwax Dark Chocolate wax over the top...  same results with or without the glaze. 

Natty blue paste was easy to use and produced a decent gloss/shine my previous silver car. 

I have now got a DA and Menzerna Powerlock, so once I have the new car I will see what results I get with this on candy white, may stick to the angelwax for the black roof though just to try and use some of it up... seems to last forever !!

I've got Dark Angel. It spreads forever!! Heard good things about power lock. Gives a nice darkening effect but I haven't used it. Let us know how you get on with it mate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hunty278 said:

I've got Dark Angel. It spreads forever!! Heard good things about power lock. Gives a nice darkening effect but I haven't used it. Let us know how you get on with it mate.

Will do...   quick question though...  will I need to clay a new car? 

Or just decontaminate the paint (iron-x, de-tar, wash) before using the Menzerna Super Finish then Powerlock...

19 minutes ago, pshed said:

Will do...   quick question though...  will I need to clay a new car? 

Or just decontaminate the paint (iron-x, de-tar, wash) before using the Menzerna Super Finish then Powerlock...

I would mate. Always best to get the paint squeaky clean before polishing. New cars are left outside and it won't do any harm before machine polishing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hunty278 said:

I would mate. Always best to get the paint squeaky clean before polishing. New cars are left outside and it won't do any harm before machine polishing. 

Thanks...  will do then. :) 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2017 at 21:49, firthster said:

Get a G3 mit miles easier then claying and work really well

Got one from Halfords, used it at the weekend - so much easier than clay bars.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Wowo wash bucket 20L with lid, 8pc foam applicator pad set & Wowo clay mitt.

IMG_6645.JPG

Let me know how you get on with these.

My local detailer stocks these at a good price.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

Let me know how you get on with these.

My local detailer stocks these at a good price.

theres also a 20% off code over at DW :)

• Like 2

On 15/02/2017 at 17:05, firthster said:

I

ive tryed loads on my Rs over the years and on dark cars I've got to say poor boys is the dogs

image.jpeg

I agree on dark cars, I have found poorboys polishes and glazes to be very good on my previous Black SRi and Gsi Vectra's and I continue to use it on my  Corida red Octavia. Never a problem easy on easy off.

VecGsi_3.jpg

• Like 2

I will update guys on the Wowo clay mitt but won't be until the weather gets a bit warmer because then I'll have the time to do a proper in-depth car clean, as I want to also use my DA B) I'm just stocking up on the bits that I need but probably won't be until April-June etc...I did buy a G3 mitt only last week but like to have a couple of things stocked up within my Arsenal.

check this wowo review