Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

It is happening in this real life now is it not?

VW Caught,

German Economy at risk,

and cover ups are what really can get people in major trouble.  

So maybe it all blows over, and all is well with the world.

After all it is only Alledged Fraud & Car Manufacturers.

Not like it is really important and about Football & Fraud.

It sure is.

The German Economy is as it is because of Exports, 

and exports require the Importers trusting the Manufacturers.

So once Germany gets a grip on Volkswagen and has trust in the Markets around the World they will be sorted.

It is good that Volkswagen are being so open and honest and getting on with ensuring trust in Germans Manufacturing & Technologies & Stability in Germany, the US, South America, China, India etc.

Slightly old news now but reassuring to see that the EA288 in both EU5 and 6 guises have been given the all clear by VW and definitely do not contain a defeat device.

Wasnt overly concerned myself but good its finally been formally announced.

It would be helpful for those of us who have no clue whatsoever what letters are used to describe the engines in our cars  :notme:

I drive a late 2013 vRS TDi, is that an EA288 or what? /clueless I just drive it.

An articles for confused public.

Emissions and performance don't match.

Whoever wrote that "articles" seems to know less than I do, and I know nothing about this topic! :wall:

Edited by 05surveyor

I'm not sure I know how to teach nothing!   :sweat:

That's interesting contradiction. You claim to know more than that guy, yet you have nothing to teach him :-D

You seems to me sir you are one of these guys he is writing about.

Edited by sniper29a
  • Like 1

That's interesting contradiction. You claim to know more than that guy, yet you have nothing to teach him :-D

You seems to me sir you are one of these guys he is writing about.

It could well be!

If the European Central Bank can bail Greece out I don't think VW is much of a problem... :notme:

I think there is a great difference  between bailing out a country  by the  E C B, so you are of the opinion that E C B will bailout  a company?  I think you will find even a government can't prop up a company without  E U Commissioners' permission. That used to be the situation and I don't think it has been changed.

I think there is a great difference  between bailing out a country  by the  E C B, so you are of the opinion that E C B will bailout  a company?  I think you will find even a government can't prop up a company without  E U Commissioners' permission. That used to be the situation and I don't think it has been changed.

The French government have made large cash injections to keep the Peugeot Citroen group afloat   

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0d707588-9e2e-11e3-b429-00144feab7de.html#axzz3pinahwrL

Our govt pulled the plug on our manufacturers by withdrawing its modest subsidies and incentives and by 2018 there'll be many thousands of middle/late age workers struggling to find any work for which they are trained.

Plenty of paper shuffling and realestate speculating though so I guess thing will be just fine.

There must be a lot of owners and trade people who are now holding a depreciated asset and can't trade up (or out) because of the demand/supply imbalance.

That's why I think VW could go a long way to fixing that instantly by declaring VW's confidence in its own product and announcing a 5 year warranty......it would cost nothing..........or would it?.

Audi dealer was telling a mate how it's all going to be fixed under recall and be sweetness and light.

When I asked how there was a fix that didn't involve magic fairy dust and that would keep the power/torque and magically clean up then engine he had no answer.

Very lost when I pointed out that if it was that easy, they wouldn't have needed to cheat.

Anyway, advised the mate to stick to petrol if they really want that car or to avoid it like the plague unless it can be had for a bargain basement price.

At the end of the day why would you pay top wack for an Audi with an EA189 TDI in it, when nobody know what's happening, or how it will drive after any fix.

Bit of a diasaster really

• Like 1

Audi dealer was telling a mate how it's all going to be fixed under recall and be sweetness and light.

When I asked how there was a fix that didn't involve magic fairy dust and that would keep the power/torque and magically clean up then engine he had no answer.

Very lost when I pointed out that if it was that easy, they wouldn't have needed to cheat.

Anyway, advised the mate to stick to petrol if they really want that car or to avoid it like the plague unless it can be had for a bargain basement price.

At the end of the day why would you pay top wack for an Audi with an EA189 TDI in it, when nobody know what's happening, or how it will drive after any fix.

Bit of a diasaster really

Dealers assume you're a muppet....wood duck and know nothing....they're in the same boat though.
  • Like 1

Amanda, I'm delivering to Twyford tomorrow, and will be going via Sonning Eye.

Is there any message I can pass to George whilst I'm there?

Amanda, I'm delivering to Twyford tomorrow, and will be going via Sonning Eye.

Is there any message I can pass to George whilst I'm there?

He's locked in my basement again. Safe and sound ;)

On topic though, I spoke to a neighbour today who said he was going to look at a SEAT diesel this week. I jokingly mentioned the 'you know what thing' and he just laughed and said he wasn't worried as it would all get sorted out one way or another. Looks like it's blowing over already :D

Seeing I'm on 'fixed price servicing' I'm wondering if the ECU remap will be done during one, even if I (secretly) don't want it done.

I don't want the poor old EGR working it's self to death to be legal.

Our govt pulled the plug on our manufacturers by withdrawing its modest subsidies and incentives and by 2018 there'll be many thousands of middle/late age workers struggling to find any work for which they are trained.

Plenty of paper shuffling and realestate speculating though so I guess thing will be just fine.

Car manufacturers died years ago, and James May's car manufacturing programme a year or so back compared UK and German manufacturing.

Both had strikes, but whilst the Germanw workers unions engaged with the manufacturers to work together British workers striked themselves out of existence.

Maggie is blames for the demise of manufacturing, coal, steel etc but with union strikes the government came up with alternatives for jobs and growth which didn't have union involvement.