The Dacia Sandero............

http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/media-gallery/brochure/att533cab753f1d4f2dbd91bb7155f3ae16/dacia-sandero.pdf

My Son took delivery of one of these today, metalic black, spare wheel, Ambiance trim, took the finance to get the 5 year warranty and breakdown cover but as soon as he got home he's paid the car off in full.  1.2 16v 75ish BHP

He not car mad, a means of getting from A to B, I dout it'll ever get washed but for just over 6K  he'll run it into the ground,  Bargain

Big thanks to lol-lol for his input, thanks mate

Your thoughts please

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I looked at the Sandero and Stepway.

Entry model was too basic and I didn't like the power delivery and driving style of the base petrol.

The 1.5 diesel is good and it's a solid little car for much cheapness.

Even a good one is around £4,000 cheaper than a Fabia now, so you can excuse the lack of a height adjustable seat etc...

I have considered Dacia (probably a Logan as I need an estate), but I am put off by previous experience of Renault reliability. I'd be interested in how your son gets on with it. For the price I could scrap it after 5 years, as long it could be reliable for 20k miles a year which I have found my Skodas can achieve.

I have considered Dacia (probably a Logan as I need an estate), but I am put off by previous experience of Renault reliability. I'd be interested in how your son gets on with it. For the price I could scrap it after 5 years, as long it could be reliable for 20k miles a year which I have found my Skodas can achieve.

Briskoda member lol-lol has the logan with the 0.9 engine 

He does around 2K miles a month in his

I wouldn't have considered one normally but we had a Sandero as a hire car when we went to Montenegro a few months ago and I was quite happy with it and was considering one as a replacement for my commuting/runaround car, though would probably have gone for a Duster in the end. They were the main hire car and if they can stand the abuse of that ( as epitomised by my BiL when he was driving!) they can't be too bad.

Due to a good deal I went for a Yeti instead but in some ways it's better than I wanted!

Edited by VAGCF

My Clio had loads of problems but for the most part they were all to do with extras and 'features'. If the Dacia is effectively 5 seats and a steering wheel it'll probably do ok. I had the 1.5dCi engine (100hp) and the engine was the best thing about the car. It didn't like short journeys (fair few reports of overrunning dervs eating engine oil then exploding) at all but could do silly mpg (86mpg was my record over a 55 mile journey).

I had an idea to make the Dacia Duster the perfect family car. Make the interior waterproof and washable. Dirty kids, nae bother, power wash the interior.

Edited by Aspman

I looked at the Sandero and Stepway.

The 1.5 diesel is good and it's a solid little car for much cheapness.

This is the one we have, good car, but too much cabin noise but we think that another reason.

I love it for the size (especially compared to the fabia) as its like a van,I've had 3 full size doors in it with the boot closed!

Edited by Thisday

I took delivery of a 1.2 Sandero Ambiance in white last Friday.

I'm not too worried about reliability as I have been following their forums since they were launched. There are some reports of problems but look how many owners are having grief on here !.

I test drove the TCE90 but I didn't like the lumpy power delivery, plus I'd have to wait until the new year for one, so I took a chance and saved £800 by going for the 1.2.

The engine is a little bit agricultural ( or characterful as the sales team would say ) but it's flexible and nippy due to low gearing in 1st 2nd and 3rd. I did wonder about the fuel consumption as most owners seem to be getting around 40mpg, but on it's first run on Saturday, a 320mile round trip I got 54.3mpg which I am delighted with. If it proves to be reliable then I'll stick with Dacia.

I chopped in a 6 month old Roomster 1.6 Diesel, because I can't be bothered with all the up coming faffing around with emissions and as the supplying dealer was ex Skoda ( Savilles at Mustow Green) they weren't scared of taking it in. Actually they part exchanged the new car with me so I got a new car and a hefty cheque...result.

Its the safety ratings of Dacias that keep me away from them. If they can get those up, I'd be more than happy to look at one. Considering you can buy one with a complete spare car for the cost of pretty much anything else similar.

Its the safety ratings of Dacias that keep me away from them. If they can get those up, I'd be more than happy to look at one. Considering you can buy one with a complete spare car for the cost of pretty much anything else similar.

The Sandero has 4 stars?

It's only marked down because it's got no rear seatbelt warning, and that it's not so brilliant at protecting pedestrians.