need advice on traction.spinning all the time

ok so i have an octy vrs 06 plate.it has 270 bhp and 340fb,my question is when its wet are damp the car seems to have to much power for these conditions,so has any one any ideas as to what mods or parts i can buy to calm the wheels from spinning all the time.it dont bother me but my wife drives the car all the time and she dont like driving when its wet as she says it spins to much,i do have a friend who has a vw breakers yard,so if any other parts will help of another car could you let me no.thanks for any help.

This time of year run my std oil  burner on Winters, loads more grip out of roundabouts.

Breaks traction if powering out like a loony, but just nicely understeers a bit in a warm fuzzy way.

But that's with 100 BHP less, wow. Must be ace is the dry, but that's another topic. :)

• Like 1

will have to check but i no they are good tyres and wheels as only put them on 6 month ago,was worse on the standed alloys,

That they're new doesn't necessarily mean that they are good. You can buy a lot of bad tyres.

But I'd say that it being FWD will really limit how much you can get out of it off the line.

I'd say there's not a lot more you can do short of a good set of tyres.

Even my car with a lowly 105bhp can easily spin it's tyres in the wet (even with winter tyres on). You just have to take it steady in the lower gears and ease the power on... then let rip from 3rd onwards!

Most of tyres are satisfactory/good/excellent on dry pavement during summertime but they can provide poor perfomance on a wet pavement. Maybe you are using summer tyres in winter and then don't feel surprised that they aren't any good (especially with a powerful car).

As others have said it could be a tyre issue.

Summer tyres tend to harden in temperatures below 7 Celsius therefore won't provide as much grip which will be alot more noticeable in the wet weather.

Pull away in a higher gear or with a lighter right foot. Otherwise look into fitting winter tyres if you can get some.

Yesterday I changed from my Goodyear eagle f1 aysm 2's to my winter nokian wra3's and traction has improved. I have a petrol vrs pushing about 250bhp so similar to OP. The weather still isn't exactly wintery was 7 - 9 degrees and slightly damp roads but apparently some cold weather is finally arriving soon? Tyres definitely make some difference. You will however always have traction issues with

Lots of power and FWD sorry ;(

Don't drive like a ****. I've never had a problem driving a near 500bhp M5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont drive stupid,as i said my wife drives the car and its a problem for her not me i told her to ease of the pedal abit.i will just get new wheels and tyres for her

Edited by ste drivs

Is it normal for a standard tfsi vrs to spin the wheel in 3rd (in the wet)?

Any car is if not setup properly or shonky tyres. The Jinyu zetas that were on our Fabia span up in second with 105bhp. I hardly get wheelspin with Goodyear F1A2s. Only in sodden conditions with full lock and a bit aggressive with the throttle. Seemingly never a problem otherwise.

What make of tyres are they?

Any car is if not setup properly or shonky tyres. The Jinyu zetas that were on our Fabia span up in second with 105bhp. I hardly get wheelspin with Goodyear F1A2s. Only in sodden conditions with full lock and a bit aggressive with the throttle. Seemingly never a problem otherwise.

What make of tyres are they?

Hanook Ventus v12 evos. Spin up in 3rd going in a straight line even in mildly moist conditions! They'll also break traction in 3rd in the dry if the road surface is a bit lumpy. Its quite frustrating!

Tyres is part of it but most of it is throttle control. I have 282bhp on Goodyear Eagle F1's and I'll get wheelspin in 4th at 70mph in the wet if I have a lead foot. Plan accordingly and accelerate smoothly out of corners. Took me a week or two to get used to more power but its all about discipline. I did think about a diff but it's fine without one.

Hanook Ventus v12 evos. Spin up in 3rd going in a straight line even in mildly moist conditions! They'll also break traction in 3rd in the dry if the road surface is a bit lumpy. Its quite frustrating!

Really? I have them on mine and the Evo2's on my Wifes FR Pd170 Leon, never had this issue, even if i was trying too, i'd have to have ESP off and really be trying. 

Alarmingly i've done 18K on a full set as well and they're starting to loose grip now. Don't think i've ever gotten that much wear from a set of tyres.