Apologies for unburdening myself

Aspman

• Administrators

I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts here are with you, your son and your family.

Definitely get some sleep. You'll need to 'crack' though, find some way, your private way. 

Using the same vicar sounds good, can see the logic & support in it. 

Let us know how, if, in anyway we can help you.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for your loss and for how quickly it all happened.

You need to try and get some sleep though. Before you make yourself ill as your son will need you.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

At least it was quick, however shocking.  My Mum died last February having been diagnosed with throat cancer the previous September. Nearly a year on and we're still dealing with "stuff" and to see her demise was just awful.

Time is a great healer but it's terrible at first.

• Like 1

I am very sorry to hear this and cannot imagine what this must be like for you -at some point you will need to let your emotions go. It is a natural and necessary part of coming to terms with things and it's OK to do this. My thoughts to you and yours.

• Like 1

Had to stop and sit down at work after reading this. My deepest sympathy to you Aspman. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

I am glad you thought to type it out rather than bottle it. Know that we're all here to support, in whatever way we can.

I think you made the correct decision about the donation. Think of the legacy you have created by making that call, you should not regret that. My eyes are welling up again.

Stay strong for you and your son. Now is a time for family and friends.

My most sincere solace.

JRJG

• Like 2

I don't think there is any need to apologise for the topic, it is sometimes easier to open up-to strangers rather than people closest to you and Briskoda is a fantastic community for supporting people.

Deepest sympathies to you and your son, and sorry for your loss, 

Si 

• Like 1

Aspman - You have my full sympathy, and your situation brought back strong memories for me.

My mum went in a similar way, ( she was only 39)  I was there with my dad when it happened ( cerebral brain heamorrage), she complained of a sever headache, my dad went to get some paracetamol, she went into a coma while he was in the kitchen, she never came out of the coma. 

It is the suddeness that sends you into a state of shock.

Whist your stiff upper lip stance is honourable, please do not make that same mistake made by my dad & me, we never discussed my mum, never spoke about her death, or her life that we had while she was alive, while this was very late 1970's there was nothing like the support then that there is now that I really wish I could have gotten.

For you own physical & mental health along with strength to help your son in the future go and speak to your GP about getting some help. It is not a sign of failure.

I can say from experience if you dont have help or support from Family in particular then coping  going forward will feel like you are carrying a heavy weight and there will be times when random events will trigger feelings that can be uncomfortable.

• Like 2

My wife and I are only a few years younger, and with 2 small boys - this made very difficult reading but I can't begin to understand how you must be feeling, you have my best wishes. 

I'm sure that the Briskoda community will help in any way we can, but please do speak to a professional to help you all get through this.

• Like 1

First post I've read since coming in from work, and I'm both shocked and lost for words.  It sounds crass to say that, given that we actually don't know each other.

My heart goes out to you at this horrible time.

Gaz

• Like 1

Hi Aspman.

I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. Very sad times indeed.

Don't be afraid to cry, it isn't a sign of weakness. Sob your heart out with your little boy, absolutely no harm can come from that at all. 

I wish I could offer some support or help in some way - if you think of anything please do say, even if its just a chinwag with a stranger.

Please try to look after yourself, some sleep would be a good start. :)

Your wife sounds like an incredible person who will be sadly missed by so many. May she rest in peace.

Heartfelt condolences from me.

• Like 3

Sat here with tears in my eyes...

I don't know you personally, only from my time on here, but I send my deepest condolescences to you and your boy and all the family.

Nothing anyone can say will ease the pain your feeling, but I hope you find the strength to be the rock for your son in this terrible time

Thinking of you all at this incredibly sad time

Damo

• Like 1

Gobsmacked, what a shock, lost both my parents, ( Mum died in front of me ) and a best mate, but can only imagine the pain you are going through especially as she was young and you've a young son. She will at least on helping someone elses life with the donor organs , and she live on through your son. The funerel is for you too, celebrate her life . Take care 

• Like 1

Shocked and stunned to read this terrible news. Deepest condolences to all the family.

The Briskoda family are here for you - to support, listen, help - as and when required.

Take care and look after yourself during this traumatic time.

Regards,
Ste.

• Like 1