Skoda Yeti - what options?

tweenster

Good evening good folk of Briskoda

We are getting close to ordering a new Yeti Monte Carlo and are now dabbling in the options list. So far we have hit the list quite hard, in addition to standard Monte Carlo spec, 2-litre diesel 150bhp 4x4 DSG, we have added:

Sat Nav

DAB

Heated seats

Heated windscreen

F&R parking sensors

Spare wheel

Removable tow bar

Are there any options that Yeti owners have found to be indispensable and you simply wouldn't be without?

The dividing net that goes between the floor and roof behind the front or rear seats is something I'd have ordered as it's not too expensive and cannot really be added afterwards.

The dividing net that goes between the floor and roof behind the front or rear seats is something I'd have ordered as it's not too expensive and cannot really be added afterwards.

I've got one of those but with the raised floor with a spare wheel a bit of cutting of the boot floor is required. Nothing major just to allow to flaps to fold.

Much better than the dog guard I had for my previous Yeti though as the parcel shelf can be fitted with it in place.

It can also be fitted behind the front seats too.

Edited by GreenlineIIEstate

I like all of those extras except the satnav. Inbuilt units are expensive to update the maps on and being sited low down as in the Yeti I do not like the idea of having to look down when I could have on in view on top of the dash.

What about the mats? I went for carpet at first but now have the rubber. The mudflaps whilst small do offer some protection, look nice and do not cost a lot.

Colin

• Like 4

And Sat Nav updates with the latest unit are free to down load - 'bout time too!

Talking of the Sat Nav I've got the latest version which according to the brochure should have DAB, but when I was looking at the frequencies didn't see DAB - it was only a quick look though so perhaps I've missed it?

As for options I think you've pretty much got it covered.

The fold flat front seat is brilliant in my opinion! It means you can accommodate items that are a full 8 foot long. I've moved fence posts (exactly 8'), a brush cutter, garden canes etc... It's one of the most useful options in my opinion.

I wouldn't (didn't) bother with SatNav (phones are better these days) or front parking sensors (I'm not blind!). I also started with the SE as the bling on the Monte Carlo seemed unnecessary. To the SE I added: tow bar, spare wheel, DAB, folding front seat, lumbar support, rough road package, off-road button, 5yr warranty.

I also started with the SE as the bling on the Monte Carlo seemed unnecessary. 

I started with the L&K as I like bling  :notme:

I added, spare wheel, tow bar, heated washers, rear mud flaps, luggage net system, 12 speaker system and electric memory seats so i'm not really a good person to ask.  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1

Talking of the Sat Nav I've got the latest version which according to the brochure should have DAB, but when I was looking at the frequencies didn't see DAB - it was only a quick look though so perhaps I've missed it?

DAB is still an option costing £135 along with Voice Control at £20.

The latest model builder shows Amundsen cannot be ordered without those two options being added too.

The factory sat nav includes DAB as standard.

I didn't get front parking sensors on my Yeti but have had them on previous cars and even if you're pretty good at judging it's amazing how close you can get with sensors.

DAB is still an option costing £135 along with Voice Control at £20.

The latest model builder shows Amundsen cannot be ordered without those two options being added too.

In the brochure I have, one before the January 2016 posted elsewhere, it says:

Amundsen touchscreen satellite navigation system with DAB radio and voice control  as one option and then DAB digital radio as the £135.00 option.

When I say mine is the latest version my car is 2016 model year bought a few months ago.

I'm going to have to go out to the car now and check aren't I !

Hope this isn't another one of the brochure "errors" like with my lack of side mouldings! :thumbdown:

Edit: Phew, just checked and it has got DAB. I must have been half asleep when I last looked! Not something I'm bothered about using now but nice to have it.

I like the unit (even more now!) and whilst it is set lower down, no different to other cars I've had, at least with an elevated driving position you can still see the road well enough and as said the directions are given in the Maxidot as well.

Edited by VAGCF

I wouldnt be without the Front and Back parking sensors , the front ones allow me to put far more lock on when getting in and out of spaces or near walls than I ever did before.

I agree. Whilst I could manage without the front ones, given the shape of the front and the elevated seating position, they certainly make life easier.

My TT doesn't have front ones (a disgrace given the price) and because of the low driving position it's quite hard to judge exactly where the front is.

Another option to consider is the electric seats - but I don't think you can have those if you elect to go for the folding front seat?

Advantage of those is that you can alter the angle of the squab which can give you a better driving position/support.

Having said that I'm 6' 1" and find the standard seats fine. Other cars I've had would have benefitted from that option though.

I'd drop the Sat-Nav, the spare wheel is in my mind an essential and I'd add in the front sensors (didn't realise how useful they would be until I had them) and, dull and borimg but if you are going to keep the car beyond 3 years, the extra two years warranty. Sunroof is nice but pricey.

I have had two sunroofs replaced in 4 years, with air con the sunroof had little use,  so I would think twice before I ordered another Yeti with a sunroof,  and it's only done 12600 miles. .

Mind you I think a few mods have since been made to the frame to stop the water leaks. But I still love the car.

Edited by CHILLEY

All you list except DAB it is too patchy.

Heated front windscreen - I miss my Ford Focus heated screen, no refreezing after scraping

Front and Rear Sensors - Great for helping keep your insurance down.

Heated seats - Would not be without them on early cold morning drives.

Tow Bar - and spare wheel full 13pin electrics are a must if you tow as you cannot tow

with a gunk repaired tyre

DAB isn't perfect but it is good enough if you avoid areas where there is still a lack of 20th century! If you want to have the option of following Test match special or 4extra it is an essential. If not it isn't. I would also suggest you consider an MDI while there are workarounds which people have found satisfactory it is just the easiest and most intuitive way of connecting an external music carrying player. SD cards work as does bluetooth streaming but the MDI allows me to carry all my music and access it with ease. Retro fitting works but is pricier.

Well I'm currently suffering 'buyers remorse' for not ordering sat nav. Whilst I accept that phones are good these days and standalone sat navs are very good value, I simply have a pathological hatred of things stuck on my windscreen and dangling wires.

This for me is the main reason to have in built Nav.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Falmouthboy
  • Like 1

if you avoid areas where there is still a lack of 20th century! 

I think the 20th century was discontinued about 16 years ago with the launch of a new range, rather imaginatively called the 21st century - I seem to recall there was quite a lot about it in the media at the time. The first model in the 21st Century range was called "the naughties" (rather misleadingly I feel).  Although in the run up to launch, initially in Australia but quickly spreading through the global market, it was often promoted as being totally new and exciting many users quickly came to the conclusion that this was simply marketing spin and in reality it was little more than a face-lift of the previous model, the most significant changes being a rapid growth in technology named after fruit and for some people a realisation that having nice woodwork is all very well until things start coming out of it. I think there was a similar problem with the woodwork on the Morris Minor Traveller, which of course brings us back to where we started, the 20th Century. (Older readers will recall that Morris Minors did have wireless technology - it's how you got the Light and Home programmes - and sat-nav was voice controlled as long as you had a mate sat beside you with a map, sometimes upside down for the purposes of correct orientation, calling " turn left here" or "turn right back there" and not infrequently "I don't think this map can be right......"

(I really need to find better things to do with my time).

• Like 4

Hi everybody. Don't want to invade somebody's topic but the OP read my mind because I will also place an order on Saturday and wanted a list of must and nice-to have. For example I totally forgot about the mud flaps which are now on the list. The dividing net looks interesting. Is it hard to take it off or put it on? I will also have a spare wheel.

What I'm also really considering is the automatic park assist. It's  around 450 pounds. But without a garage I always need to park my car on the street. Doing a lateral parking in a tight space with cars waiting behind me is always stressful. 

Edited by Alexul

I think you really need to try park assist before you place your order to be sure you are happy with it. I have it on my Yeti (now nearly 3 years old so nor F/L) and it really will get you into a space that you probably wouldn't even try yourself but you can't rush it or I find it will cancel itself. If you can afford it I would say add it to your list but just be aware of its limitations.