It's gotta go

I can of course trade it but I'm going to loose a shed load of cash :( It was from a main dealer so the mark up over trade value is of course considerable.

Ah bugger! Have you adjusted the lumber? Messed about with all settings on seat? As previously said, I'm 6ft7 20 stone and find it the comfiest car I've driven as a taxi, I'm still tweeking my seat every couple days trying to find the perfect position. Everyone is different of course, all shapes and sizes

G

Nightmare. I've just had a full days test drive of a potential new car, and what seemed like great seats in the first hour of driving turned out to be an absolute pain in the back, literally!!

I'm in the process of arranging a test drive of another car with the alternative seats that can be spec'd with this car. So hopefully might be a solution for me.

Thought I would mention this as it might be a cheaper (overall) solution for you. Try test driving another Superb with completely different seats. If they are better, It might be more cost effective to swap out the seats than get stung trading the car :)

• Like 1

I would have done more work with the phyiso,as we get older we get less agile.

When i first got my superb my bad back & sciatica returned with a vengence,i never linked the two.I just put it down to getting old. After several visits to a nhs phyiso i was given exercises to do and now free of pain and the exercise routine has kept me fit.

All the best.

You should strongly consider a different seat. If you like the car that much you could choose a seat and even have it trimmed to match your interior, it might coat you say £500? You could keep the original seat and swap back when you sell it. This way you keep the car and save the hassle of selling it and losing thousands!

Could you use someone like Shark or another tuner to help you track down a suitable replacement seat that will work with the electrics? Have you tried any other VAG cars to see if the seats are better? Maybe a passat?

Thanks SVrider. Indeed that looks like an excellent solution but its too expensive, might as well trade the car in!

If you find a seat that really works for you and solves your back problem, you can take it from car to car to car......

I have a back problem, and would pay a lot to ease the problems. Currently looking at a £2.5k mattress. Will be money well spent if it helps :)

what car DID have comfy seats for your back?

the car I sold to buy the Superb did, a Renault Laguna Coupe.  But there is no way I would think about changing Renault seats into my Superb. and I changed from the Laguna for a reason and thats because the car didn't meet my needs any more.

I like the thought of a seat swap but there is a lot to think about, airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, electrics, comfort, insurance etc.

There is also the consideration that its more than the seat and something fundamentally wrong with the driving position such as pedal position.  Also storing my L&K seat could be tricky.  I don't have space for it, and I couldn't throw it away as it would ruin future resale value of the car.

I could spend a huge amount of money and be no better off.

the car I sold to buy the Superb did, a Renault Laguna Coupe. But there is no way I would think about changing Renault seats into my Superb. and I changed from the Laguna for a reason and thats because the car didn't meet my needs any more.

I like the thought of a seat swap but there is a lot to think about, airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, electrics, comfort, insurance etc.

There is also the consideration that its more than the seat and something fundamentally wrong with the driving position such as pedal position. Also storing my L&K seat could be tricky. I don't have space for it, and I couldn't throw it away as it would ruin future resale value of the car.

If you do trade, then insist on at least an 8hour or preferably a 24 hour one. As I said earlier, I had a full days test drive earlier this month and the seats looked fab, and even after an hour felt good. After a fair bit of driving later in the day I felt crippled.

Needless to say, it's a no go just on seats alone :(

the car I sold to buy the Superb did, a Renault Laguna Coupe.  But there is no way I would think about changing Renault seats into my Superb. and I changed from the Laguna for a reason and thats because the car didn't meet my needs any more.

There is also the consideration that its more than the seat and something fundamentally wrong with the driving position such as pedal position.  Also storing my L&K seat could be tricky.  I don't have space for it, and I couldn't throw it away as it would ruin future resale value of the car.

You could p/x it and be worse off