How good is your dealer

I cant praise mine enough (Mitchell Group - Cheshire Oaks), compared to recent experiences of Seat, Citroen, Mazda and merc.

Regular updates, when collected was fueled, expensive bunch of flowers for the Mrs, personalised letter from managing director, free car wash every saturday etc.

Edited by Rpl1722

I got a set of number plates that they screwed up. Caused me a load of hassle and I had to buy my own. PDI was rubbish. Should have told them to take the transport blocks out and leave it as it was. Looking now at others experiences mine sounds poor.

Not naming and shaming, but since the initial order I've had NOTHING in the way of communication. I did email this week though to enquire about my car, knowing full well that it was in the UK after calling SUK.

SUK on the other hand have been great, just a short call every couple of weeks from me, with the SLI number, and I was fully up-to date on the build.

Mine, Wings of Peterborough, have been good so far, having been in touch by email every two weeks to keep me updated. Early doors though - I have just asked them to change my order from brown leather to black, will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had a intermittent fault on drivers side electric window on a S2, dealer stated dash would need to be removed to locate a loose connection, myself and lease company employee who are both qualified mechanics decided this was extremely unlikely to be the cause of the fault, we agreed between us to have the dealer fit a replacement window switch at the lease companies cost which rectified the problem. (some lease companies are employing ex technicians to prevent being ripped off by dealers for unnecessary work)

I had a colleague who's S2 combi on delivery was noted to have a very harsh ride, it was delivered to him with the rear spring transport balloons fitted, he was given £500 worth of accessories for this error.

I'm not saying SKODA any worse than any other as had bad experiences with most, quality of the cars speak for themselves so I wont be put off by the dealerships

Mine, Wings of Peterborough, have been good so far, having been in touch by email every two weeks to keep me updated. Early doors though - I have just asked them to change my order from brown leather to black, will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I ordered mine through Wings and they were great. Kept me updated throughout the whole process.

• Like 1

I ordered mine through Wings and they were great. Kept me updated throughout the whole process.

Have also ordered mine through Wings and so far have had a phone call every 2 weeks with an update, just wish the build week would stop being pushed back but that is not the dealers fault.

Don't get me started on mine. To make matters worst I get a letter a week as my current car has just passed its 3 year on pcp so they were keen to keep me. Shame they hadn't worked out I had ordered a superb, to be fair they still don't seem to know.

Hi,

I can only state good things about Annesley  Williams here in Dublin. I have bought 2 Octavias and 3 Superbs in the last 10 years from them,and any little niggles have been sorted out promptly and without any hassle. In the last few months,they have updated their showrooms,making any waiting time(having a coffee and reading the days newspaper),an enjoyable experience.

Bob.

Have mine ordered through Dennis Horton (Lincoln), I cannot praise them enough through the pre-pre-sales, pre-sales, sales, after sales (awaiting delivery so updates).  Salesman has never tried to push anything and even back when I was initially looking at the Octavia when I mentioned a couple of add-ons he said "if it comes with it - great.  but don't pay for it".  In the end I went for the Superb so was irrelevant.

Test drives were booked in two different cars, one unaccompanied in a Superb Estate and one with him in an Octavia VRS which was only so I could test drive a petrol DSG 230PS engine and gearbox combo.  The later he made a point of ensuring was available for the day I was doing test drives.  Not sure he really tried to sell anything above a "we have this or that available".

If the after sales once I get the car are as good as what I have received so fat then I will be very happy.  I do feel that they are sadly let down by Skoda UK though.

I got a set of number plates that they screwed up. Caused me a load of hassle and I had to buy my own. PDI was rubbish. Should have told them to take the transport blocks out and leave it as it was. Looking now at others experiences mine sounds poor.

Would that be a Sheffield Dealer by any chance??

Murray Skoda Plymouth.  Nothing but praise, they have sorted out the few small niggles I have had in no time and kept me informed as my delivery date moved further and further right.  Always very friendly and not at all pushy. They even pushed Skoda for compensation on my behalf (i got £150 and 3 years free servicing for delivery 2 months later than original date).  I recently called them about recall and they said that the issue had been checked and rectified as part of PDI (I got car in Oct 15), it would appear from reading other posts that that is something that can't be taken for granted.

Ordered through Zach at Progress Skoda in Northampton. Can't say a bad word about him. Gave me a decent trade in on my existing car, Has kept me up to date on the progress with Videos explaining where we are. Sent me a video yesterday showing me my finished car, provided me with the registration number (new 16) and finalised the paperwork today for a Morning March 1st pickup. Has thrown in some car mats.

In a word....shocking!

Dreadful Comms, doesn't keep in touch, doesn't do what they say they are going to. I have to chase for everything. Progress chain, but not the Northampton branch. Perhaps I need to switch to that one as the other two in Bedford & Letchworth badly need a lesson in customer relationship management, and delivering on their promises.

In a word....shocking!

Dreadful Comms, doesn't keep in touch, doesn't do what they say they are going to. I have to chase for everything. Progress chain, but not the Northampton branch. Perhaps I need to switch to that one as the other two in Bedford & Letchworth badly need a lesson in customer relationship management, and delivering on their promises.

That isn't good. I bought a Fabia Vrs from Bedford and i would t say it was great but wasn't bad. I've had no problems with Northampton at all and they have always been very fair. When I first agreed a purchase of my Superb my existing car needed a new tyre which they did at cost for me.

Edited by Sparki

Ridgeway Oxford, previously Jewsons. Excellent all round.

I firmly believe that any relationship is only as good as what you put into it. Not saying you shouldn't always receive excellent service but the service can be even better than excellent if you build a positive relationship with the people at the dealership.

I firmly believe that any relationship is only as good as what you put into it. Not saying you shouldn't always receive excellent service but the service can be even better than excellent if you build a positive relationship with the people at the dealership.

Totally agree which is why after taking their sales mans time etc I placed the order with them rather than a broker.  Also made sure when I complained to Skoda UK about the lack of information regarding all the delays in build etc I made sure to copy them in to show that in the complaint I praised them as I had been into them and they had shown me that they had no information and that they get nothing when they ring Skoda UK for updates.

Not wishing to be controversial but I wonder if dealers are less interested in fleet cars (broker orders) due to the lower revenue for them and instead focus their attention on their retail customers.  It would be interesting if when people are sharing thoughts on their dealer if they said if they are retail or broker (fleet) or company car.

Totally agree which is why after taking their sales mans time etc I placed the order with them rather than a broker. Also made sure when I complained to Skoda UK about the lack of information regarding all the delays in build etc I made sure to copy them in to show that in the complaint I praised them as I had been into them and they had shown me that they had no information and that they get nothing when they ring Skoda UK for updates.

Not wishing to be controversial but I wonder if dealers are less interested in fleet cars (broker orders) due to the lower revenue for them and instead focus their attention on their retail customers. It would be interesting if when people are sharing thoughts on their dealer if they said if they are retail or broker (fleet) or company car.

I leased my SE business on a Skoda wide offer. My local dealer ( Carrs Exeter) told me they wouldn't supply it on that offer as all they would receive from Skoda would be a vehicle supply fee. They then tried to sell it to me on pcp (three times the deposit and twice the monthly cost) then when that failed on PCH but again higher than the standard offer Skoda fs had out at all other dealers. They simply weren't interest in supplying it if there wasn't enough in it for them.

The dealer I eventually used (Heritage, Yeovil) treated me exactly the same as I'd have expected a private purchaser to be treated. Bettered the Skoda PCH offer, weekly updates, full tank of fuel, gift box on collection etc.

My local dealer, Lookers ( was Benfield Skoda ) arn't really intrested in giving me a good deal anymore, between me and Mrs Goldfinger we have had 23 Skoda's, if that isn't brand loyalty I don't know what is, although I've had 4 cars off them in the past. I now buy my cars from Rainworths in Mansfield.  (150 mile round trip)

The service department is good,( lookers ) nothing seems to be to much for them.

as for DMK, well if they were the only Skoda dealer in the UK I'd rather walk.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Totally agree which is why after taking their sales mans time etc I placed the order with them rather than a broker.  Also made sure when I complained to Skoda UK about the lack of information regarding all the delays in build etc I made sure to copy them in to show that in the complaint I praised them as I had been into them and they had shown me that they had no information and that they get nothing when they ring Skoda UK for updates.

Not wishing to be controversial but I wonder if dealers are less interested in fleet cars (broker orders) due to the lower revenue for them and instead focus their attention on their retail customers.  It would be interesting if when people are sharing thoughts on their dealer if they said if they are retail or broker (fleet) or company car.

I was a retail customer for my dealership where I've had a previous Skoda of mine & both of my wife's Skodas serviced & been happy. I decided to go with them as I had a "relationship" with them & just got them to match a small CarWow discount, thinking I wasn't sure about the online brokers as I was worried they fell into the bracket of "too good to be true". My trade in was woeful (unfortunately I just didn't have the time or inclination to sell privately), probably to claw back the small discount.

Right from the off communication was terrible, I had to chase being called back to arrange a test drive!!! Product knowledge was dismal when I went through the order after the test drive, if anything I seemed to know more. I never had any information volunteered throughout the whole period & felt I was doing all the work. I'd asked for quotes for accessories & had to chase these & there seemed to be little interest in selling them to me.

I will however say that when I'd picked up the car & found one of the umbrellas missing it was rectified quickly but the cynic in me wondered if that was due to the fact that they knew my customer survey was about to be filled in!

The salesman was perfectly pleasant & chatty in person, I just don't feel he did much & certainly not enough to justify paying more at a dealership. Also, I have no experience as to whether the other salesman there are the same. I have been reassured to see so many good experiences from people buying through New Car Discount & the like, so will probably explore that route more thoroughly when it come to replacing my wife's Yeti & hopefully get a much better deal.

Edited by BFG1

Another happy Ridgeway Oxford customer here. Kept me informed. Built a good relationship with salesman. I have no doubt that the average sales service will be equally as good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ 1 for Ridgeway Skoda Oxford. Initial salesman only responded when prompted, but a change of salesman brought a change of customer service. Updates every 2 weeks, and now weekly now car is finally built last week.