Horrible houses

Aspman

I've been looking to move so I've been trawling the property sites and have come across some real horrors.

Thought it might be worht posing up anythingyou find.

This one is a bit disappointing since it was my house when I was about 8. We didn't decorate it like this...

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/photos/39773894

e667a477257d8af114acbeb9153fdc27960c51be

Edited by Aspman

Not sure about the end result, but you've got to admit, whoever did it is **** hot at wallpapering!

Yeah that's what I thought. Really good workmanship with really appalling taste.

On ot the other bedrooms has a lovely gloss red ceiling :peek:

Oh good god, imagine waking up to that each morning!

:peek:

Waking up in it?? Id never get to bloody sleep!

i have over the yrs seen some awful ****boxes up for sale. Not just the decor or old fashionedness. Just the house itself being a pile that would be better off demo'd and the asking pricesbeing mental given the amount of wotk theyd need :no:

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I thought. Really good workmanship with really appalling taste.

On ot the other bedrooms has a lovely gloss red ceiling :peek:

just looked through all the pics.

Have to agree, very very good workmanship on that wallpaper. Excellent in fact when you consider whoever did it probably had to wear a welding mask to avoid permanent retina damage with most it :D

• Like 2

Not sure about the end result, but you've got to admit, whoever did it is **** hot at wallpapering!

Not if the strips are supposed to be vertical....

:p

Last house I was in had bottle green gloss in the hall and stairs.

Made teh mistake of buying bulk cheap magnolia to cover it up. Took about 6 coats.

Another local one.

This one made me think of the house from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/photos/39634672

78adfd902489a5f80a3a83c56b924f591971b9e3

• Administrators

Made teh mistake of buying bulk cheap magnolia to cover it up. Took about 6 coats.

I did too, orange and blue for an office wall. When selling, I painted it... put a magnolia coat on, go for a brew, come back it's blue again. I swear there must be about 40litres of paint, well water, on those 4 6' walls.

Interesting thought the other day when challenged on why a small room as bedroom vs the big one.... when my eyes are closed my world is much bigger than any room. I describe our house by where it is, and if you still can't find, it look for the fugly one. Functional over form :D

• Like 1

I've been looking to move so I've been trawling the property sites and have come across some real horrors.

This one is a bit disappointing since it was my house when I was about 8. We didn't decorate it like this...

Anyone else thinking of Stanley Kubrick?

Another local one.

This one made me think of the house from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/photos/39634672

78adfd902489a5f80a3a83c56b924f591971b9e3

Are you sure that's a house? Looks like a Garden Centre tea room!

:envy:  sorry wrong one...................... :sick: Knew it had green in it.

Are you sure that's a house? Looks like a Garden Centre tea room!

bloke was an antique dealer apparently

My favourite hate is when folks decorate and the light switches / power sockets get slapped with paint. It's all so simple to switch off light circuits and move the switch free of the wall / do likewise with power circuits & switches ,if the wall is being painted over a covering wall paper. IF you do want colour matching switches/ sockets, then at least go to the expense of buying PROFESSIONAL coloured ones. It makes the place less tacky. In our house, I insist on masking all sockets and switches, BEFORE SWIMBO is let loose with a brush and roller .( I'd love to do the papering/ painting, but my right hip says I'm not up to it).