What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I've been reading the forum as guest for some time, but the info I found definetely helped me make my choice of a new car (company)

By the end of the week I will have ordered my Superb L&K 272hp with some extra features :blush (I am from Bulgaria and actually the car is on stock, so the offers at the moment are irresistibly good). I will keep you updated as I am still wondering about the color combo in/out. As I have made my choice I have to prepare some upgrades for "Day 1" (which I hope will be very soon). 

Upgrading the lights (everywhere it is possible) is my first object. Car will be with BiXenon + SLA, so I have to go for the taillights (reverse + indicators).

Reverse is already sorted but I was wondering about the indicators - I can't find the Philips X-treme Ultinon Gen2s on stock anywhere here and as I am not good at waiting I was wondering if Osram LEDriving would do the job? Specs are the same (Osram is even more powerful at 2W compared to 1.8W of Philips), both not street legal :giggle:

https://www.osram.com/am/ecat/LEDriving PREMIUM-LED signal lamps-Cars-Automotive Lighting/com/en/GPS01_2636487/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_1174327/

@Don_Diego Hi mate, congrats for the choice of the car.

There's been a lot written here in this thread - and i tried a lot of options on my car (also on some other friends' cars.

I removed my Philips X-treme led turn signals and put another much better option - bought from Aliexpress. Honestly i did not expect them to shine as good as the Philips and i was a little bit afraid of the errors that could appear on the dash - but everything is working great, the light is better "spreaded" as the bulbs are 360 degree leds - while the Philips is 2 chips only. There is a small blank spot because the 2 chips on the Philips cannot make real 360 degree light.

These ones - already mounted on several cars of friends - all of them are pretty happy with the result. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-1156-P21W-BA15S-PY21W-BAU15S-T20-7440-bulbs-for-Car-taillight-Turn-Signal-lamp-Yellow/32864774603.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24f34c4dTzyatN

(И да пуснеш снимки на красавицата като я вземеш ;-) - Please share with us some pictures when collect the car)

2 hours ago, simichoil said:

@Don_Diego Hi mate, congrats for the choice of the car.

There's been a lot written here in this thread - and i tried a lot of options on my car (also on some other friends' cars.

I removed my Philips X-treme led turn signals and put another much better option - bought from Aliexpress. Honestly i did not expect them to shine as good as the Philips and i was a little bit afraid of the errors that could appear on the dash - but everything is working great, the light is better "spreaded" as the bulbs are 360 degree leds - while the Philips is 2 chips only. There is a small blank spot because the 2 chips on the Philips cannot make real 360 degree light.

These ones - already mounted on several cars of friends - all of them are pretty happy with the result. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-1156-P21W-BA15S-PY21W-BAU15S-T20-7440-bulbs-for-Car-taillight-Turn-Signal-lamp-Yellow/32864774603.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24f34c4dTzyatN

(И да пуснеш снимки на красавицата като я вземеш ;-) - Please share with us some pictures when collect the car)

Thanks for the info
Just came back from the dealer - Superb L&K + other features, 272hp, quartz grey metallic, brown leather has been booked. Just waiting for the document and in a week or two I will have it. I see you are local, maybe we can meet so I can see how the light of these bulbs is?

With me front is Led strip - combining DRL and turn signal. I have no clue what is the bulb type for the models without strip. I suppose it is the same again as the rear, but you need to recheck.

22 minutes ago, simichoil said:

With me front is Led strip - combining DRL and turn signal. I have no clue what is the bulb type for the models without strip. I suppose it is the same again as the rear, but you need to recheck.

no problem, I was just being lazy - I'll check

On 25/02/2019 at 21:01, Don_Diego said:

I was wondering if Osram LEDriving would do the job? Specs are the same (Osram is even more powerful at 2W compared to 1.8W of Philips), both not street legal :giggle:

https://www.osram.com/am/ecat/LEDriving PREMIUM-LED signal lamps-Cars-Automotive Lighting/com/en/GPS01_2636487/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_1174327/

I have the Osram for reverse and turn signal. I’ve had them in previous cars also. Excellent quality... 

• 2 months later...
On 03/05/2019 at 15:12, Paucatuman said:

Look what the post man just brought :thumbup:

I'll post before and after fitting shots soon.

new bulbs.jpg

So, the Osram Cool Blue Intense for the fogs are great and so are the leds for the drls, the Twenty20 H7's are very disappointing as they look as yellow as the standard bulbs so they're going back. 

The hunt for a strong H7 that is white continues. 

• 2 months later...

What type of bulbs are required for front headlight indicators, getting alot of mixed advice and not had time to pull them to check, also should note its for non hid/xenon lights 

• 1 month later...

Please be very careful with the aftermarket LED’s you fit to your car. 

I replaced the standard halogen festoons in our Fabia with some LED's from a UK eBay seller. No issues initially but on Saturday evening I luckily spotted a spark/flash out the corner of my eye and cut the engine and hit the light switch just in time.  It melted the light unit internals and burned the headlining a little. It could have been much worse and this all happened within a metre from my sons head. 

Definitely the bulb at fault. I quickly replaced all the LED’s and the bulb in the opposite side was also extremely hot, despite being off for several minutes. These are only illuminated when a door is open so shouldn’t be getting that hot in such a short space of time. 

Please be careful 

EF5EB447-EAF7-496B-91AA-14B5872D300F.jpeg

Edited by penguin17
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

I am new here after just purchasing my 66 plate Superb Se estate. I am looking at adding some new bulbs to the car to make it look more crisp from the front, specifically the front DRLs, fogs/cornering and headlights main and dipped. 

Can anyone tell me what bulbs are required for which lights and also what people have found to offer the best white light? 

• 3 months later...

I can say that for replacing the halogen bulbs on my son's Focus the Osram Night Breaker Laser Next Generation have transformed the visibility. We chose them based on all the good technical reviews they get and they haven't disappointed. A bit expensive but worth it.

One down side is that the life of these upgrade bulbs willl be less than standard so they will need replacing  more frequently. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

just a bit of warning

Was following this thread, and bought a set of LED lights for the estate boot that was recommended here  i.e. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-Footwell-Step-Glove-Box-Trunk-Light-VW-Transporter-Golf-GTI-MK6-Jetta-MK5/401851864123

apparently identical (?) to what super skoda offers but having an estate MY2019 (not a new facelift just 19 reg) can confirm they are not suitable as the connector pin shape and distance between is different i.e. the pins sit closer together now, and they are pin shaped, not flat headed like on the picture attached ....

Any advice on what to get for the 19 plate estate ?

superb_led_boot_connector.jpg

Edited by Gizmo
non freedom sales removed

• 1 month later...

Glove box

before

vqAAAgKQLeA-1920.jpg

after

uwAAAgAQLeA-1920.jpg

orig SLO 947 565 vs Ali

Q8AAAgIQLeA-1920.jpg  4CAAAgIQLeA-1920.jpg  5GAAAgKQLeA-1920.jpg

second, of new pair, will be installed in compartment under steering wheel,
not decided yet how turn it on:
a) together with brakes
b) by add some PIR sensor

SYAAAgMQLeA-1920.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone was able to replace yellow leds in trunk flashlight/torch to a white ones? Any instruction or how to?

Would be great, since it is the only one yellow place left...

• Like 1

Here is a list I have installed: 

•trunk lightning: https://a.aliexpress.com/_BOiAzV

•door shadow light (really high quality):
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BVdhL5

•rear indicators and reverse lights:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0oaXp

•fog lights: 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPdc7t

Quite happy with all of them! 

PSX_20200321_191838.jpg

• Like 1