What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

@mr93 Just have a look to previous page of this thread. I've already posted 2 pics of the fog lights with H8 MTEC Superwhite installed. Very consistent color with Xenon low beams. ;) 

14 hours ago, Gabrielem said:

Has anyone done the conversion from xenon to led?

As in just changing the bulb? I think there are issues with the led being too long. I don't think it's worth the hassle as the gain in light output from the likes of an osram nightbreaker etc is just as good as an led. Changing the complete light unit is a marathon journey. I now have LEDs on my car and I found the xenon's to be every bit as good if not better. 

3 minutes ago, j caff said:

¿Cómo cambiar la bombilla? Creo que hay problemas con el hecho de que el led sea demasiado largo. No creo que valga la pena la molestia, ya que la ganancia en la salida de luz de un Osram Nightbreaker, etc., es tan buena como la de un LED. Cambiar la unidad de iluminación completa es un viaje de maratón. Ahora tengo LED en mi coche y descubrí que el xenón es igual de bueno, si no mejor. 

Perhaps the best option is an Osram Nightbreaker, by the way, they give a whiter light than oem bulbs?

9 hours ago, j caff said:

As in just changing the bulb? I think there are issues with the led being too long. I don't think it's worth the hassle as the gain in light output from the likes of an osram nightbreaker etc is just as good as an led. Changing the complete light unit is a marathon journey. I now have LEDs on my car and I found the xenon's to be every bit as good if not better. 

+1

The LEDs require big heat sinks and/or cooling fans.

@Gabrielem - 

Get better D3S bulbs instead - u'll get far better results.

I've got Phillips xTremeVision Gen 2s - they're brilliant in all conditions.

https://youtu.be/v3BgUfsupkM

Edited by JR RS
  • Thanks 1

I keep seeing LED bulbs of the D3S model that speak wonders, the idea of trying them tempts me ...

But having mounted a fan I do not know if the induced air will be a problem inside the headlight.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @JR RS I got the right item Ali Express for the rear tail light LED indicators. Didn't realise it was so easy to fix, it was less than 10minutes. Will take video later on to show just how bright and better it looks compared to stock bulb.

No error codes, no hyper flash. Just plug and play. happy with the purchase.

20211231_095801.jpg

20211231_095817.jpg

20211231_111637.jpg

20211231_112025.jpg

20211231_112028.jpg

20211231_112033.jpg

Edited by mcdaniels
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, j caff said:

My 21 car doesn't have those silver panels in the lights and output from both the indicators and reversing lights is impressive.

The facelift Superb has completely redesigned tail lights.....

Edited by JR RS

@Bap33

Once again thanks for the help. 

Got the reverse bulb and fog lights you recommended. Big improvement in terms of visibility in the dark and color matching in the front. 

I also did some obdeleven mods, but realized it's quite limited. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 04:58, mcdaniels said:

Thanks to @JR RS I got the right item Ali Express for the rear tail light LED indicators. Didn't realise it was so easy to fix, it was less than 10minutes. Will take video later on to show just how bright and better it looks compared to stock bulb.

No error codes, no hyper flash. Just plug and play. happy with the purchase.

On 31/12/2021 at 05:05, mcdaniels said:

Will take another video at night time to see the compassion to day time.

I just replaced the Philips extreme vision LEDs to the Auxito ones and what a difference! 

The Auxito ones are far brighter, they're fantastic. £16/£17 from EBay. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 05:05, mcdaniels said:

Will take another video at night time to see the compassion to day time.

Bit late to reply now, but would have loved to have seen a before/after or side by side on the other. Do you have a link to the bulbs you fitted?

5 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

Bit late to reply now, but would have loved to have seen a before/after or side by side on the other. Do you have a link to the bulbs you fitted?

I made a comparison video when I changed mine a few years ago.

I have the same Auxito bulb.

LED bulb in the left side of video.

Factory halogen on the right.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

I bought them here: https://tinyurl.com/Auxito 

I watched the item on eBay and the seller offered me a discount after a day or so. They cost me £16.84 delivered.

Edited by boydeee

12 hours ago, boydeee said:

I bought them here: https://tinyurl.com/Auxito 

I watched the item on eBay and the seller offered me a discount after a day or so. They cost me £16.84 delivered.

thanks, they look really modern. I've watched too, see if I get anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2021 at 20:48, JR RS said:

+1

The LEDs require big heat sinks and/or cooling fans.

@Gabrielem - 

Get better D3S bulbs instead - u'll get far better results.

I've got Phillips xTremeVision Gen 2s - they're brilliant in all conditions.

https://youtu.be/v3BgUfsupkM

Is this your own vehicle footage? They look noticeably brighter than the OEM bulbs, my biggest grip is that the beam pattern in vertical cross section looks like a U shape, as in it illuminates the nearside (sensible) not the centre line (not sensible) and the offside (even les sensible). I'm talking about high beam, I don't have an issue with dip. The centre dip means the limit point is about 50m shorter with these lights compared to the LED lamps on my Octavia mk3 vRS. The steering feature is a total gimmick and doesn't help at all. 

Bit more research, and appears my car needs a DS3 for dip, and a H7 for main. I'm not bothered about increasing the brightness or bam pattern on dip, so presumably I should be looking at an upgraded H7?  At least according to here:]

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/skoda-superb-saloon-hid-xenon-2018-18.html

EDIT - update after I spoke to Skoda UK to clarify. God give me strength, but they were utterly useless. Apparently it's one bulb, and it's only available from a main dealer. Couldn't (you mean didn't want) to give me any details.

Edited by stever750
added info

16 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Bit more research, and appears my car needs a DS3 for dip, and a H7 for main. I'm not bothered about increasing the brightness or bam pattern on dip, so presumably I should be looking at an upgraded H7?  At least according to here:]

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/skoda-superb-saloon-hid-xenon-2018-18.html

The D3S does both head and dip, assuming you actually have xenon lights. 

2 minutes ago, j caff said:

The D3S does both head and dip, assuming you actually have xenon lights. 

Pretty sure they're xenon, as that's the OE spec!

EXTERIOR Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS (adaptive front light system) and LED daytime running lights

AFS is the swivelling version (pointless IMO) not the auto main / dip sliding shutter system.

1 hour ago, stever750 said:

Is this your own vehicle footage? They look noticeably brighter than the OEM bulbs, my biggest grip is that the beam pattern in vertical cross section looks like a U shape, as in it illuminates the nearside (sensible) not the centre line (not sensible) and the offside (even les sensible). I'm talking about high beam, I don't have an issue with dip. The centre dip means the limit point is about 50m shorter with these lights compared to the LED lamps on my Octavia mk3 vRS. The steering feature is a total gimmick and doesn't help at all. 

Yes, that is dashcam footage from my car.

Mine is fitted with Smart Light Assist, hence it changes the beam shapes a considerable amount when masking.

I'm not exactly sure wat u mean by near-side, centre-line and off-side - sorry.

Got some other footage - don't know if these r any different to wat ur describing.....

6 minutes ago, stever750 said:

EXTERIOR Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS (adaptive front light system) and LED daytime running lights

AFS is the swivelling version (pointless IMO) not the auto main / dip sliding shutter system.

The mk3 pre-facelift Superb has either Bi-xenons, or halogens.  Not both.

It uses a single D3S xenon bulb to do both low and high beams.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stever750 said:

There's one bulb, a d3s that provides the illumination for head and dip there's no H7 at all, the powerbulbs site is wrong.