What annoys you most on the Fabia?

Apart from the oil consumption, my main first world problem is the fan speed dial for the climate control: you turn it, nothing happens: you turn it a little more, and suddenly you're up to four notches...

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 4

I have a few:

• Multiple presses of the key to completely unlock car (now fixed though but it was a little annoying when I first got it)

How did you fix this?, its bugging the hell out of my on my mondeo 2 quick clicks on remote and whole car would unlock, do this on the fabia and it doesnt seem to register the 2nd press, ahve to press once wait a second and do second press to get the full car unlocked, and even then sometimes it doesnt seem to register the 2nd click  :devil:  :devil:

Sometimes a replacement battery will have it functioning quicker.

Or just be a bit more accurate pointing up towards the mirror area.

Have the vehicle changed to one Click Opening if you want that.

(Sometimes the boot might have a wee thought about opening and then you need to press the middle button a few times.)

• Like 1

How do you change to one click??

I know a friendly VW mech with the appropriate software that converted mine, but you can take it to the main Škoda dealer and they'll reprogramme it for you.....at a cost. All the fairly current ECUs have this function within them (and many others), it just depends on what you require. ;)

Edited by AVTUR

Scoobbysn7x,

Give it a bit and then tell us again.

Peeing down with rain, no coat on, press and hold the button, try again try again, and then you will feel like Brian69 did.

Or wait for the time you are sure you locked the car, windows up, and you come back and they are down. 

Got to love them, they are fun, even funny sometimes.

PS

Members here might Reset things for you, 

or someone will tell you the Bluetooth Dongle and App to get and you can reset some stuff yourself.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

The stupid bluetooth module that for some inexplicable reason is a chopped down version of the one found in VW which results in: The stereo screen show a dumb "BT-Audio" message instead of actual artist/track info and what's worse, inability to pause/resume, skip songs (all controls missing basically) from the stereo unit or the wheel's buttons. You have to reach out for your phone and control playback from there. Totally gets on my nerves since day one. We paid for a BT Phone and Streaming setup, give us the proper working version that's available everywhere else.

PS. I better not hear about the "solution" of talking to it via voice command... It's so slow and dysfunctional I struggle to understand what people were thinking when they created it...

How do you change to one click??

Phone app called Carista will do that (and more)

Search on here for it,it has been well discussed

It will also stop the car unlocking the doors and dropping the windows that George mentioned

Cos that quirk IS annoying!

Had mine two weeks

Most annoying so far is the Pull To The Left  :devil:

Funnily enough mine does exactly the same, something else I'll have to raise with Skoda.

• Like 1

The stupid bluetooth module that for some inexplicable reason is a chopped down version of the one found in VW which results in: The stereo screen show a dumb "BT-Audio" message instead of actual artist/track info and what's worse, inability to pause/resume, skip songs (all controls missing basically) from the stereo unit or the wheel's buttons. You have to reach out for your phone and control playback from there. Totally gets on my nerves since day one. We paid for a BT Phone and Streaming setup, give us the proper working version that's available everywhere else.

PS. I better not hear about the "solution" of talking to it via voice command... It's so slow and dysfunctional I struggle to understand what people were thinking when they created it...

I can see the artist and track playing from bluetooth on my Amundsen. Can also skip tracks as well.

Phone app called Carista will do that (and more)

Search on here for it,it has been well discussed

It will also stop the car unlocking the doors and dropping the windows that George mentioned

Cos that quirk IS annoying!

I have that app and I must say its amazing

Just remembered my other pet peeve why does the little speed indicator show in KMH and not MPH!!!, been right through the settings and couldn't find anywhere to change it!

On the maxidot in the middle screen?

Using vcds, it needs to be set to AUS, then you can have big MPH readout

• Like 1

On the maxidot in the middle screen?

Using vcds, it needs to be set to AUS, then you can have big MPH readout

I tried all that but can't for the life of me figure out how to get MPH showing, I've set the language to Aus and enabled the alt. speed setting and it still doesn't appear :(

I don't know if it has anything to do with different model years, I might have another go if I get some spare time but I spent a good half an hour playing around with it with no luck.