The Yeti Smile

Brijo

Just had a couple of weeks elsewhere, mainly Down West.  Around 750 miles, a mixture of all types of roads from rush-hour motorways to stone-lined, grass-and-mud-down-the-middle, barely-single-track, no-escape moorland lanes. 

Not once did I think "I wish she would / wouldn't ..... (do whatever)".  Does anyone else still have the grin after x years? 

Had my yeti just over 2 years.

Almost 46000 miles driven.

Great car, does everything it should and what I want.

Minor thoughts about a change, to another yeti.

No point. Mine is still going great.

I still love to drive mine despite some of the changes, like adblue,

stop-start and a CPU that thinks it is cleverer than me!

Edited by gumdrop
  • Like 1

Does anyone else still have the grin after x years? 

+1 after three years. Never regretted buying it and fully expect to hold onto it for at least the next two years so no regrets about buying the extended warranty.

I still love to drive mine despite some of the changes, like adblue,

stop-start and a CPU that thinks it is cleverer than me!

The ECU is cleverer than most people and still has reserve capacity so don't hold your breath. :devil:

Fred

The smile is why I'm on my second one. Such an easy car to live with and I love the chunky looks.

Dabbled with an Alfa between the two Yetis and regretted it. You couldn't find a car more opposite to a Yeti!

I still smile every time I get into mine.  Just taken delivery of number two.  The FL version is different enough to be interesting and still all the car I need. 

Getting our 1.8 TSi remapped Monday so the smile should stay fo a while yet :)

Hi, As you are getting a remap, I and maybe others will be interested in the difference between the Yeti as is now and after remapping and if this has any effect upon engine coolant and oil temperatures and anything else that maybe of interest. All figures, graphs etc would be appreciated.

Love them so much we now have 2! Even though the new one is back at dealership for the second time in 800 miles, due to problem with AdBlue system!  :wall:

Hi, As you are getting a remap, I and maybe others will be interested in the difference between the Yeti as is now and after remapping and if this has any effect upon engine coolant and oil temperatures and anything else that maybe of interest. All figures, graphs etc would be appreciated.

Howdy.

Its been done, not taken any logs before hand,  but first impressions are very good, it pulls like a train, probably how this engine should pull. in standard form it feels like the new Vauxhall 1.4 turbo engine, very flat with no real pull.

I will keep an eye on it all, but i did look over the engine bay first, and noticed it has a Front mounted intercooler, which is probably 3rd deep (AC / RAD / then IC) but much better than standard side coolers on the older engines.  

If i get time i will do a VCDS WOT log for you next weekend, but i've read that keeping a stock / enclosed air intake system is key to keeping the TSi cool, putting an open cone is just silly and would suck in high engine bay temps!

I used to do a similar mileage to Dr Pinball when I was "on the road".... I remember many years ago I had a Hillman Avenger delivered to my door on Monday morning. I then went to the local dealer to book the first service at the end of the week He asked when I got the car and when I said an hour ago he crossed out the booking an told me the first service was 1000 miles now and not 300 miles! (I think I'm showing my age!)

Back to Dr P's post.. I too have driven dozens of cars many when I was what they used to call a "commercial traveller" and then when I joined the motor trade I lost count as to how many cars I drove.

After I retired I obviously had to buy my own cars and initially bought a Volvo as ex sales manager at the dealer I got a fantastic deal. Since the Volvo I had Honda, Audi, BMW and Toyota. I leased theYeti as I wasn't sure of residuals etc but can honestly say I love it to bits. It's comfortable, reliable and so economical..... Averaging 45 mpg on a 4x4 automatic is fantastic, especially the way I drive it! I have never got under 40 mpg in town and SWMBO can get over 50 mpg on a long run.

I only hope, when it's due replacement in two years time, that the new one, if it's out, they don't spoil it! If the replacement isn't out, I would be very happy to buy the last of the current model.

• Like 2

Mine has got the Gobi Sand interior and three years on I'm amazed at just how well it is standing up to day-to-day wear and tear. We are out every day walking the dogs in the local woods, rain or shine, and it's turned out to be a surprisingly practical colour. 

The lighter colour blends well with our dust, whereas black shows ever mark.

Our dust is mucky brown so we have the same problem, only in reverse.

I went into my local dealer today and am leaning towards the black alcantara and either business grey or quartz grey.

There again, the jungle green sits well on the yeti too.

Don't forget Petrol Blue! :D

That's what I have at the moment

My previous was muscovado, so I was thinking a different colour this time.

The concerns us in our house seems to be Quartz grey.