iPod on a S3

I have a S3 on order. I run my iPod at the moment through the MMI connection on my S2.

Would I connect the iPod on the S3 in the Aux port or one of the USBs?

Old model, no BT

Then connect with a USB cable. This will give you full control of the iPod through Columbus, as you currently do in your S2 (by MMI I assume you meant the MDI).

The new Columbus has the functions via USB that previously required MDI.

If you connect to AUX you would need to use the iPod itself to make selections.

If you don't exceed 10,000 songs total (and don't put more than 1,000 in any folder) then I'm with Gizmo - transfer the songs to an SD Card.

You can even split them across two cards if needs be.

The new Columbus supports all the music formats that can be used on an iPod, so no need to do any converting as long as they're not DRM protected.

This will give you virtually all the functions on the new Columbus that your iPod has - sort by Album/Artist/Title/Genre, Random, Repeat, and Favourites, 

It also negates the need to remember your iPod whilst also keeping your USB free for other things, like your phone.

Then connect with a USB cable. This will give you full control of the iPod through Columbus, as you currently do in your S2 (by MMI I assume you meant the MDI).

The new Columbus has the functions via USB that previously required MDI.

If you connect to AUX you would need to use the iPod itself to make selections.

If you don't exceed 10,000 songs total (and don't put more than 1,000 in any folder) then I'm with Gizmo - transfer the songs to an SD Card.

You can even split them across two cards if needs be.

The new Columbus supports all the music formats that can be used on an iPod, so no need to do any converting as long as they're not DRM protected.

This will give you virtually all the functions on the new Columbus that your iPod has - sort by Album/Artist/Title/Genre, Random, Repeat, and Favourites, 

It also negates the need to remember your iPod whilst also keeping your USB free for other things, like your phone.

Yes MDI of course. So if I still use the iPod through USB I'm presuming I use the one in the glovebox?

LeeBB - Philpix hasn't got his S3 yet, so excuse his confusion about location.

Philpix - There's only one USB, in the "ashtray cum phone box". (UK spec)

That's where you plug in your iPod.

Thanks BilyJim I need to RTFM!

Thanks guys for your replies. Much appreciated.

Maybe the way to go is put all the music on to two 32g cards and keep the iPod in the house sound system.

Again thanks for your help :)

• Like 1