Living With A Sportline Plus 272 Hatch

25kms flat just road (at 6AM nobody on road), but -1/0degrees (I was at 5.6-5.8l/100 with my previous O3)

I will see during the next days

18 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That included out dragging a Bentley Bentayga up the slip road onto the M1 which the driver didn't like probably having spent £133,100 on their 2.4tonne SUV.:blush

Bentayga driver probably thought part throttle will despatch the minicab. Alas...No. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Got half a tank left after 307 miles so far.😃

Please stop all this economy guff.  Just skip to the part where you tell us how f'ing quick the car is post remap.  😂

FWIW, I rarely use mine for anything but a solo drive around the NY Moors or around town and my £90+ worth of Momentum barely gets me 300 miles.  You're doing well :thumbup:

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

6.6litres per 100km is about 42.8mpg.

yes, sorry I digress

and sorry again, I'm not fluent in UK measurements 😉 and I'm only a frenchie 😆

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

6.6litres per 100km is about 42.8mpg.

Yep, did the sum and missed out the 42. 

On 04/01/2020 at 20:36, silver1011 said:

Assuming 500+ miles to a tank, how much does it cost to fill it up? Is the 66 litre tank bigger than normal?

I'd love one of these, but my 20,000+ mile annual mileage forces me into a diesel.

Given the lower price of petrol vs. diesel at the pumps I'm wondering how far this goes to offsetting the 272's increased thirst... yers

I do around 20000/annum too, and I worked out that should differentials remain the same, I'll be in the money after about 30 months.  Given that I normally keep cars between 8 and 14 (yes 14!) years the diesel weel pays for itself.

17 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Some money saving to be made by leap years 😀

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

14 years @ 20,000 miles annually = 280,000 miles 😯

Wish I had a calculator too!

I spend less on the fuel than the car but it don't seem that way sometimes

24 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Since our bank closed the local branch last July got the Vrs245 refund road tax to pay in so might fill with Tesco Momentum as the Bank branch is quite close by. This should make the first top up a freebie ha ha LOL.

14769FD1-1883-4CAE-88EA-831342727E4C.jpeg

The new (ish) process of getting unused road fund back is quite slick and easy. Much easier/quicker than it was previously. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 15:10, shyVRS245 said:

I may have quoted the wrong kerbweight for the hatch (estate slightly heavier) because a couple of reviews I have read state that it actually weighs 1,554kg but I know somewhere with a weighbridge so might take it there for a definite answer and photo opportunity.

I think the 1554kg comes from the 280 and is anyway not a realistic figure as it concerns the lowest spec possible meaning no spare wheel, Canton sound system, heavier 19" alloys etc. etc.  On top of that, the 272 has those two fat GPF's so another 10-15kg I reckon.

In any case, when I took my full spec (minus sun-roof) 272 on a weigh bridge it showed 1630 kg with a half tank of fuel. I do have the Webasto auxiliary heating though which definitely adds weight but overall, I doubt a loaded 272 would ever see less than 1600 on a weigh bridge, especially if still on the stock anchors of 14.9kg each :o

Which actually makes the economy the 272's are seeing in general even more impressive I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Please stop all this economy guff.  Just skip to the part where you tell us how f'ing quick the car is post remap.  😂

FWIW, I rarely use mine for anything but a solo drive around the NY Moors or around town and my £90+ worth of Momentum barely gets me 300 miles.  You're doing well :thumbup:

He goes out on missions free wheeling down hills and drives with a wrens Egg on the throttle 😩 It will get 30 mpg  like all others at best normal driving. Whats it all about man 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teescom09 said:

He goes out on missions free wheeling down hills and drives with a wrens Egg on the throttle 😩 It will get 30 mpg  like all others at best normal driving. Whats it all about man 😜

I couldn't resist some cheap Tesco Momentum (99octane) as I could see the garage from the bank and at £1.309 per litre it saved me about £4. Put £50.82 in to fill it so after 319 miles used 38.82 litres or 8.54 gallons at an average of 37.35mpg (maxidot said 38.0mpg).

2 hours ago, teescom09 said:

@shyVRS245 they don’t all average out at 30!

I’m long term on 26-27.  Mainly local trips, 6-10 miles at a time.  Mixed roads.  Driving quite hard. 

Can achieve 35-36 on a run.  

Expect you to do rather better!! 

3 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

@shyVRS245 they don’t all average out at 30!

I’m long term on 26-27.  Mainly local trips, 6-10 miles at a time.  Mixed roads.  Driving quite hard. 

Can achieve 35-36 on a run.  

Expect you to do rather better!! 

You have got 3.3 litres 6 cylinders and 365bhp as standard to compensate though.

54 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You have got 3.3 litres 6 cylinders and 365bhp as standard to compensate though.

Yes, definitely some considerable compensation for a petrolhead!  A lot of fun and awesome noise! 

Still look at Superb Sportlines though and wonder if the huge room for the family’s stuff would have been the shout. 

However, the long warranty still swings it the Kia’s way...... 

Will watch your thread with interest though, especially the mapping part! 👍

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2020 at 16:03, shyVRS245 said:

I couldn't resist some cheap Tesco Momentum (99octane) as I could see the garage from the bank and at £1.309 per litre it saved me about £4. Put £50.82 in to fill it so after 319 miles used 38.82 litres or 8.54 gallons at an average of 37.35mpg (maxidot said 38.0mpg).

Shy shy shy.... We all know how you have driven to get that, worse than following a caravan been behind you!! Whats the point of getting a warm barge and driving it like that? Just get 1.6 diesel and get a lot more mpg at exactly the same speed. 😢

Edited by teescom09
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, teescom09 said:

Shy shy shy.... We all know how you have driven to get that, worse than following a caravan been behind you!! Whats the point of getting a warm barge and driving it like that? Just get 1.6 diesel and get a lot more mpg at exactly the same speed. 😢

You're either jealous or have a problem with Skoda owners but I would appreciate it if you could leave my thread to those who are interested in this model and have a great year.

• Haha 1

Hi guys. I have just bought a 2019 superb Sportline 272 bhp auto 4x4 in white. I can’t wait to get it on Monday. What mpg am I likely to get with moderate driving.

thanks alot

greig

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigmeg said:

Hi guys. I have just bought a 2019 superb Sportline 272 bhp auto 4x4 in white. I can’t wait to get it on Monday. What mpg am I likely to get with moderate driving.

thanks alot

greig

The previous driver of my car covered just under 5,000 miles in 6 months and the trip computer said they averaged 32.5mpg over 2,000 miles but I have only done 330 miles in 11 days yet averaging 37mpg with one brief 138mph blast included.