No.2 collected!

Llanigraham

Regarding postcode lookup I have posted this before, but to save you searching.....

Try this!

Post Code Lookup on Amundsen 2

1: Start New destination

2: Tap Town/City

3: Then tap "ptcd " tucked away in the bottom left corner - you're getting there!.

4: Wait for it - you can't just tap in the post code,
5: Change the keypad from numbers to letters (bit stupid as all UK PC start with letters)
5: Enter the initial letter(s)

6: Change the keypad to numbers

7: Enter the initial number(s)

8: Change Keypad to letters

9: enter a space

10: Change Keypad back to numbers

11: Enter second number

12: Change keypad back to letters

13: Enter final letters

14: Tap the destination offered (if you managed to get that far before putting your fist through the screen!!!

The above will not allow you to enter a house number, so.......

When entering the postcode only enter 5 or 6 letters / numbers.

Leave the last 1 or 2 then press "Next" or "OK".

You can then enter the street and number.

• Like 1

When I picked up mine, it also had a mobile already linked (apparently one of the other sales guys). It's quite easy to unlink, from memory you just click the "Phone" (physical) button, then click on the settings button on that screen. From there, I think there should be a setting to see the connected Bluetooth devices (might simply be called Bluetooth). And there should be a delete/bin icon that you click.

When I picked up mine, it also had a mobile already linked (apparently one of the other sales guys). It's quite easy to unlink, from memory you just click the "Phone" (physical) button, then click on the settings button on that screen. From there, I think there should be a setting to see the connected Bluetooth devices (might simply be called Bluetooth). And there should be a delete/bin icon that you click.

The trick, as I found, is to pair your phone to the system first THEN delete any old phones. if you don't pair (and have connected) a phone the system will not let you delete any other phones.

• Like 3

The trick, as I found, is to pair your phone to the system first THEN delete any old phones. if you don't pair (and have connected) a phone the system will not let you delete any other phones.

facebook-thumbs-up-icon-150x150.jpg

I can see I am going to have an "interesting" couple of days getting it all to work, but it will have to wait until next week; tomorrow is "Drive It Day" by the FBHV, so I'm taking the Lomax over the mountains to their meet at the station at Devils Bridge, and Monday SWMBO has the car.

• Like 1

We expect a detailed comparison between old and new in the coming weeks.

It's easiest to just leave the auto lights in auto all the time. They sensor is very good and unlike the days before DRLs you always have some illumination. The only time you need to move the switch to lights on is if you want to use the fog lights.

The auto wipers are a bit infuriating at times and are best turned off and on again at the beginning of a fresh journey if it's raining. You may also need to fiddle with the sensitivity mid-journey (the switch that used to control intermittent speed on your old car).

The thing I find most annoying is that with the wipers in auto you have to turn them off to use flick wipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Falmouthboy

Generally you get used to all the "auto" stuff, I've had it all on last few cars and it's nice never having to turn lights on etc.

For the postcode - I had the same problem but I'm sure there was an easier solution that listed above, I'm pretty sure on a recent trip that my wife was trying then just saw a button at the bottom of the screen saying "postcode" or something after it had prompted for street address and all that. I'll have to check.

I find my "new" November 2015 build car seems far less well built than any other Yeti I've been in sadly, I always liked the impression of solidity they had but mine is a full of rattles and little issues.

It's easiest to just leave the auto lights in auto all the time. They sensor is very good and unlike the days before DRLs you always have some illumination. The only time you need to move the switch to lights on is if you want to use the fog lights.

This is the reason why so many people drive around with no rear lights on when they are needed (they do not come with rear DRL’s on as std)

As good as auto lights are they will not come on under all driving conditions when some lights on the rear of the car should be on.

• Like 4

This is the reason why so many people drive around with no rear lights on when they are needed (they do not come with rear DRL’s on as std)

As good as auto lights are they will not come on under all driving conditions when some lights on the rear of the car should be on.

GG that would mean actually having to think!

Surely not!? There must be a way around THAT!

GG that would mean actually having to think!

Surely not!? There must be a way around THAT!

They can be coded to come on with the front DRL’s, which IMO should be the way they are set up as std from the factory.

• Like 3

They can be coded to come on with the front DRL’s, which IMO should be the way they are set up as std from the factory.

Imagine sitting behind them in semidarkness due to the fact that some think if they can actually still see the road they don't need their headlights on........or do the have some sort of ambient light dimming system?.

The thing I find most annoying is that with the wipers in auto you have to turn them off to use flick wipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just flick the intermittent speed switch on top of the stalk up one and back down and you will get a single wipe.

Congrats on the new motor Graham you do realise that being white you will have to clean it at least twice a week and no off roading.

Seriously let us know what you think of it when it has a few miles on the clock.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new motor Graham you do realise that being white you will have to clean it at least twice a week and no off roading.

Seriously let us know what you think of it when it has a few miles on the clock.

Disagree.  Mine is white with black roof and goes to the farm very frequently - I don't think it shows the dirt at all - still stands out - I wash rarely - I think if you do, you end up taking a layer of paint off.  :devil:

Enjoy the computer Graham - v. annoying sometimes for me :D - and love your choice of colour - of course.

• Like 1

A friend of a friend down in Cornwall has a Lomax. Him and his wife have travelled all over Europe in it.

Thinking about doing the same later, but need to sort out a few things, especially the VERY noisy exhaust first.