The 230 Club, who's in...............

Mine has the start/stop..Wish it hadn't , pain in the bum when I forget to switch it off !!

it has the skoda start/stop engine system - I got this confused with a start/stop button! I can't stop driving the damn thing flipping love it! That sound generator gives you a bit of a headache though

Ah ha, you mean the button to press to start and stop it..I moved from a Z4 with that, and I'm still trying to push a button to start :-) A lot of people seem to complain about the sound generator, but I don't find it particularly noisey at all, no more than a normal sport exhaust .

it has the skoda start/stop engine system - I got this confused with a start/stop button! I can't stop driving the damn thing flipping love it! That sound generator gives you a bit of a headache though

If you have the facility to choose driving modes, then I'd suggest you select "Individual" & set the sound generator to "Eco", it makes a real difference.

DC

/20160921_104941_zps246droan.jpg

fantastic car im very impressed with the amundsen unit, it drives very smooth real solid gear change seems like it its going to be pretty nippy once its ran in a bit.

No 230 decals though i was actually wanting them so the dealer has ordered them in.

pics not showing for me?

.. hang on.. from your photobucket, here it is:

20160921_104938_HDR_zpsiddrg7w7.jpg

/20160921_104941_zps246droan.jpg

fantastic car im very impressed with the amundsen unit, it drives very smooth real solid gear change seems like it its going to be pretty nippy once its ran in a bit.

No 230 decals though i was actually wanting them so the dealer has ordered them in.

The 230 stickers are/should be in the boot, they are fitted at the dealers not the Factory.

Picked it up today at the dealer's. 

Corrida Red sedan, Canton, DCC, Amundsen, no bloody assistants. Dealer killed the start/stop and the artificial sound generator, too, on my request. 

Edit: Corrected the spec. DCC, not ACC.

Edited by pickard
  • Like 1

Told the dealer I would not buy it otherwise and lo behold.

Anyway, internet is full of articles about how to disable it via VCDS or some other magic.

There's even an post in this very Forum on how to do it:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#entry3717329

• Like 1

Spell check :) It changed Smart Link to startling. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Has anyone looked into the likes of the DTUK box for theirs yet. I've an apr induction kit waiting to be fitted but going to let it rack up a few more miles before doing anything engine or drive train related

Called for an update yesterday and got an update today- car is on a boat now due in to Grimsby or Sheerness in 2-3 weeks. The dealer didn't know the name of the boat and said he didn't have access to the info which sucks. I wanted to have a go at tracking the boats progress :P Why does it take so long to cross the Channel? Are car transporters slow or has it got to make a bunch of port calls along the way?

Called for an update yesterday and got an update today- car is on a boat now due in to Grimsby or Sheerness in 2-3 weeks. The dealer didn't know the name of the boat and said he didn't have access to the info which sucks. I wanted to have a go at tracking the boats progress :p Why does it take so long to cross the Channel? Are car transporters slow or has it got to make a bunch of port calls along the way?

when did you place an order? I ordered mine on 1st of August and was supposed to have been built last week, the guy handling it at the dealer is now on holiday until 17th so won't get an update for a while!

Mark.

@marko I think we are in the same batch. Mine was ordered mid-august and was also built last week.

I'll keep you posted on any updates I get, they are probably same as you would get :P

Though there is one question- are north or south? It will govern the delivery port (and time) I think.

@marko I think we are in the same batch. Mine was ordered mid-august and was also built last week.

I'll keep you posted on any updates I get, they are probably same as you would get :p

Though there is one question- are north or south? It will govern the delivery port (and time) I think.

I'm in Doncaster so Grimsby would be the obvious choice but I can't be 100% on that!

I'm in Doncaster so Grimsby would be the obvious choice but I can't be 100% on that!

Mine was coming to Belfast, and came into Grimsby.

I'll keep you posted on any updates I get, they are probably same as you would get :p

Feck me. Mine was ordered in June and my build date is week 43. :'(