My vrs 6 months in.

i have had the car exactly 1 year today........

so i fitted the puddle lights in the wing mirror, i got a lot of info from eddies thread here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/272434-adding-outside-mirror-lighting-to-the-fl-mirrors/?hl=%2Badding+%2Blights+%2Bto+%2Bthe+%2Bmirrors#entry3258007

but when i priced up the parts i found a far cheaper and easier option was to buy a second hand puddle light mirror from ebay and just swap over the cover from my car.

so i bought a mirror from ebay and disassembled it

20170102_111133_zpspp2k6hrg.jpg

removed my existing mirror.

20170102_111141_zpsybirpjb3.jpg

then just swapped over the mirror covers and it was as simple as that,no need to buy bulb holders or add any wiring.

20170102_113704_zpskvijorce.jpg

refitted to the car and added a bit of vcds coding (see eddies thread for info) and it all works perfectly,i added an led bulb while the mirror was apart too.

20170102_121520_zpsfoediihl.jpg

20170102_162240_zps30p0c3in.jpg

the other mirror is for sale, its in perfect working order as its essentially the mirror from a 12 plate car with the mirror cap changed but as they are interchangeable it doesnt matter on the colour.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/421041-octavia-2-fl-passenger-side-mirror/

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 3

Lovely car.

I did the flat bottom MK3 steering wheel and maxidot mod on my previous car, it wasn't cheap to do. I think cost me around £400 and it looked great.

Let me know if you need any of the part numbers and I think I've got a spare airbag Loom.

Best mod I did was to sell it and buy a monster VRS!

Just wondering why did you have to swap the mirror?

I am assuming the mirror puddle light come on with the interior lights and not coming home? 

Also wonder if you checked if the passenger side mirror has the correct motor for the reverse tilt?

Edited by singh946

Just wondering why did you have to swap the mirror? Also I am assuming the mirror puddle light come on with the interior lights and not coming home?

My puddle lights comes on and go off with the CH/LH lights.  I assume it's the same on a MKII Facelift

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

My puddle lights comes on and go off with the CH/LH lights.  I assume it's the same on a MKII Facelift

I see makes sense. I guess it will only work on my VRS on CH as I dont have the RLS :( 

on the cards this year to retrofit :)

Good news is that the lights work fine on a car which doesn't have the light sensor

Edited by singh946

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2017 at 15:08, singh946 said:

Just wondering why did you have to swap the mirror?

I am assuming the mirror puddle light come on with the interior lights and not coming home? 

Also wonder if you checked if the passenger side mirror has the correct motor for the reverse tilt?

you dont need to change the whole mirror but it was cheaper to buy a second hand one and just swap the covers over as when you buy the parts separately you get no bulb holder and have to add some wires to the plug,this way it was simpler and i sold on the other mirrors too.

eddies thread may help he did it one way,i decided this way was easier 

i have no rls....yet ;) 

the door lights operate the same as the interior lights ie. come on when unlocked and also stay on with c/h lights

no memory mirror function.

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2017 at 10:49, Awesam said:

Lovely car.

I did the flat bottom MK3 steering wheel and maxidot mod on my previous car, it wasn't cheap to do. I think cost me around £400 and it looked great.

Let me know if you need any of the part numbers and I think I've got a spare airbag Loom.

thanks mate all sorted now,wheel and airbag are fitted just waiting on the correct mfsw switches to arrive.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:49, Awesam said:

Lovely car.

do you still have a list of the part numbers needed ? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2017 at 15:49, gizmo98 said:

do you still have a list of the part numbers needed ? thanks

sorry i dont but i just bought the wheel on here, i assume they all fit. obviously mine was a dsg paddle version.

the airbag came of ebay just search for octavia or superb and make sure it has the mfsw loom too.

the switches are from a superb as the octavia 3 ones wont work, the part no is  5E0 919 719G this are dsg versions.

no coding needed but a word of warning only buy the switches from a reputable dealer as i bought some of ebay which didnt work and i suspect were not the correct part no. despite being listed as the above number.

Edited by tubbytommy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...