Where is the filler cap for adblue on my yeti

Digemdeep

I recently bought a 2015 reg 110 bhp diesel Yeti, But cannot find a reference to ADBLUE in the user guide !

Where is the filler cap for this.

I thought all yetis needed adblue ?

Thanks

Edited by Digemdeep

I never heard of ANY Yeti needing Adblue. They have a DPF.

Many of the Euro6 engines (including the Yeti) need adblue, those that need it the filler is under the carpet in the boot

• Like 1

Have not checked the boot yet as it's pi**ing down with rain at the moment.

If it used it, wouldn't it be in the index in the user guide?

The garage which sold it to me said it needed it, but maybe he was thinking of a different model.?

You got to love used car sales people.

Knowledge of the product they sell not a requirement.  Showing new owners of a vehicle important features not a requirement if they already bought and paid for the vehicle.

Servicing and maintenance of Sales Vehicles should be kept to a minimum to gain maximum profit.

I have just checked the skoda site and found that only yeti models from 2016 use adblue.

Mystery solved.

And the 2016 models are anything built May 2015 onwards.

I have just checked the skoda site and found that only yeti models from 2016 use adblue.

Mystery solved.

It’s actually MY16 cars, so anything built from week 22 in 2015.

Checked the yeti -

No filler in the boot by the spare wheel, so looks like it doesn't need adblue.

That saves a lot of hassle and expense. :sun:

Just the software update to deal with now, or not, as the case will be! Edited by VAGCF

DarrelGB's does it not because it has that system.

Mines hidden in the boot on the right of the spare wheel, something tells me it was an after thought!!

Mines hidden in the boot on the right of the spare wheel, something tells me it was an after thought!!

Yes, it is an afterthought as the Yeti was not designed for the Adblue system and it had to be fitted into a convenient space i.e. the underfloor storage space in the boot.

In the new Superb, designed for Adblue, the filler is simply next to the fuel filler and the tank underneath somewhere.

Adblue system is needed to get the TDI engines to comply with Euro 6 emissions regs, hence fitted as part of MY2016 specification.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

• Like 2

That saves a lot of hassle and expense.  :sun:

I just topped up our Superb for the first time.

Took all of a minute or two, hardly any longer than filling up the washers, and at £13 for 6000 miles motoring it's probably cheaper than screenwash too.

I wouldn't call that a lot of hassle and expense ?

I just topped up our Superb for the first time.

Took all of a minute or two, hardly any longer than filling up the washers, and at £13 for 6000 miles motoring it's probably cheaper than screenwash too.

I wouldn't call that a lot of hassle and expense ?

Did you use the VAG 1.9L bottles or a filling station pump?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

I *think* Adblue is mainly water anyway ? Might be wrong.

(I did wonder whether the car would actually know if you just poured water in....)

I wonder what would happen if you just "P"d in the tank having just read what it's constituted from!

PS: Not suggesting ANYONE tries this [just wondering - that's all]

I'm off to Bob's corner - Anyone for a pint? - it's my round............