VRS 230. What colour to choose?

I know it's more of a personal preference type of question but I've recently put in an order for a VRS 230 in the red. I'm not sure whether I want red or grey. I've only had dark blue cars before so I fancied a change to a lighter colour (only option would be black).

What are your opinions? Meteor Grey or Corrida Red?

Red is a good choice but my first choice was Meteor (Stealth!) Grey - love it.

It's pretty good at not showing the dirt too.

Some years back I had a GTM V6 Libra in 'primer like' grey (everyone asked when was I going to get it sprayed!) but one day travelling up the M1 in torrential rain to a track day at Bruntingthorpe, the other GTMs in the convoy said they could hardly see me - not sure whether that was such a good thing on a motorway.

If I'd ordered mine from the factory, it would have been corrida red, but I ended up buying the dealer's demonstrator because I didn't want to wait, so I got moon white :D , and to be honest I'm actually now convinced it looks better than the red. I think the white (or possibly the 'primer' grey) really emphasises the blackness of the alloys and the other trim parts.

Grey looks good, and isn't all that common at the minute but I have seen a few around and I think it suits the vRS.

But... in a couple of years will it become as common as the Race Blue is now, or will it loose popularity after a couple of years and be dropped?

I've yet to see a red vRS in the metal so to speak, but in the photos I've seen the colour really sets off the wheels.

I'd try to see examples in both colours and make my choice based on that. Personally I'd go towards the Red.

(No bias in this post, my vRS is Race Blue)

I vote black but only because I have a Black Combi 230. I was a bit worried that the black wheels would be a little lost but it was the right choice for me and looks the Dogs Danglies IMHO :)  It gets a lot of attention when she's parked up....

I vote black but only because I have a Black Combi 230. I was a bit worried that the black wheels would be a little lost but it was the right choice for me and looks the Dogs Danglies IMHO :)  It gets a lot of attention when she's parked up....

So that's a vote against black then.

Thanks for all your replies. Since I've ordered red I think I'm going to stick with that makes a nice change from my current dark blue car. I've got a week or so to change my mind apparently so who knows. I've only seen a VRS 230 in red and black thus far so unless I spot one in person it's probably best to stay as is!