Facelift 2017 - AutoExpress

as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/408753-withdrawal-of-vrs-230-and-4x4tdi/?p=4693582

this "Four-eyed face" look has been the talk of German owners for a while, having appeard in AutoBild a while back

AutoExpress always seems to be a bit behind bringing us the same "news" which gets reported by its German sister.

when we look at skoda vision s concept (double headlight), or in september we will see the new kodiak, then we will have a more realistic idea on what the octavia facelift will look like.

what we see now in news magazines I think is pure speculation, and poor imagination... :P :D

So the same but screwed up headlights.... significant facelift there.

And I know that lights, grille and minor plastics are all that get changed externally but normally it looks better. Not in this case.

• Like 3

Looks like someone (AutoBild I hope) has tried to graft the old E-Class lights onto the Octavia.

Unredeemably awful...only positive is that anyone with a pre-facelift car will see improved residuals! :D

• Like 3

Anyone whose on the bikes side has been here before and bought the t-shirt, with Triumph models around 2010.....looks like Skoda trying to get in on that fugly action !

I quite like the new front end - but the interior is clearly lifted straight out of the Golf 7?!

I'm not sure there will be much change inside, given the differences between the Mk2 and the FL that followed. New infotainment yes, but think the dashboard will be broadly the same. Just my opinion of course!

Hate the headlights to be honest.

Here too, they look to korean, Hasn't got that german quality look and I don't think it will be as agressive front like the current vRS.

Edited by davitc

I quite like the new front end - but the interior is clearly lifted straight out of the Golf 7?!

I'm not sure there will be much change inside, given the differences between the Mk2 and the FL that followed. New infotainment yes, but think the dashboard will be broadly the same. Just my opinion of course!

If you are referring to the photos in the link then the interior is a Golf, clearly stated so too - the VW steering wheel is more than a bit of a clue too

It does seem there is a lot of speculation on behalf of the hacks

The headlights for me are a move in the wrong direction. It seems that they are trying to create a sleek look from a very upright front end. 

I know its common practice to offer styling continuity and use the facelift as a halfway house to the next model; but it's a truly awful end result in this case.

That said it will probably look better in the flesh. Hopefully

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it won't have the 4 eye headlights. Firstly it looks awful, but more importantly it seems an odd move given that the Kodiaq doesn't appear to have the headlight split; it's a continuous unit on either side. If the 4-headlight design is the direction Skoda want to take, I'd have expected the Kodiaq to be the model to kick-start it. The new Superb hasn't been out long either and that doesn't have the split headlights.

I could well be wrong but really hope I'm not as it's a backwards step based on those photoshops.

Yay, lets make the headlights even harder to remove for bulb changes.

That seems to be the direction that VAG Group are taking on all their marques.

To me the most ridiculous lighting issue on the O3 is that you have to cutout a section of the housing to be able to change the front indicator bulb, IMHO the "repair kit" should be how they're built in the first place.

Edited by PetrolDave