Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Greatings from Romania. Just installed a Mib Std2 5L0035200 on my 2009 Skoda Octavia 2 FL. Everythings works just fine and that audio parameter from 1 to 3 made my day. But I still have some issues. My car had an oem rns510 with bt module, rear parking sensors and a camera low line retrofitted by me using a converter. The sensors are working but I can not make the camera work. If I tweak the rear camera in vcds, the sensors are not working either(I can hear them but they are not displayed). Also, the microphone is not working for calls(is not related to the camera :)) ) I have an open circuit error on the mike which I suspect is not corectly wired. Also, even if I change the picture for sensor from Yeti to anyother cars the sensor are not showed anymore. They only work for Yeti.

Thanks a lot for you time! 😊

• 2 months later...
On 06/04/2021 at 22:13, Viorel_92 said:

Hello guys,

Greatings from Romania. Just installed a Mib Std2 5L0035200 on my 2009 Skoda Octavia 2 FL. Everythings works just fine and that audio parameter from 1 to 3 made my day. But I still have some issues. My car had an oem rns510 with bt module, rear parking sensors and a camera low line retrofitted by me using a converter. The sensors are working but I can not make the camera work. If I tweak the rear camera in vcds, the sensors are not working either(I can hear them but they are not displayed). Also, the microphone is not working for calls(is not related to the camera :)) ) I have an open circuit error on the mike which I suspect is not corectly wired. Also, even if I change the picture for sensor from Yeti to anyother cars the sensor are not showed anymore. They only work for Yeti.

Thanks a lot for you time! 😊

I have the almost 99% same problems with my Tiguan 2014. I had RCD510, Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and a camera from aliexpress, which is good. I retrofited composition media MIB STD2 PQ that also has Bluetooth module but my microphone do not work. Also the same error - open circuit. I am looking for solution. And camera problem is the same... but I have camera image and no PDC or OPS ( i do not know which one is the correct) My media can not overlay the parking censors on the camera image. I found that some PDC or OPS controller must be changed. 

• 1 month later...

What's is the actual state of this project?

I'm have a Skoda Superb II with a Columbus (RNS 510) installed, and still looking for a decent alternative with Carplay/Android Auto support... 

Tried some android radio from aliexpress, and as expected, really poor quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hellol, I retrofitted Amundsen MIB STD2 PQ ( 5L0035680E ) in my Skoda Octavia 2 (2006 Year), everything was working fine but I faced two problems when I connected it in car. 

I found solutions myself, I was searching for solutions but I found nowhere these solutions on any other forum for any other car, so I want to share them here if someone have same problems.

#1 Problem:

-  GPS Navigation does not update the GPS Location. Height is changing, and satelites are available. After a restart the location is up to date, but not updating while driving. I'ts just stuck in place where I turned on navigation.

First I thought it's because my ABS Pump is too old, but I fixed it without changing it.

Solution: In VCDS, Open 5F Module -> Basic Settings -> Navigation Recalibration (or something like that) -> Do it! | This solved my problem and Navigation now works like a charm.

#2 Problem:

-  When I turn on car and navigation turns on, volume knob is not working, when you're turning it around, to increase od decrease volume, Navigation displays visual for sound adjustment, but it has no effect. Sound volume is stuck at 50%. You can't lower it or make it louder.

When you restart unit few times, somehow it gets to work, but that's not the solution we want.

Problem cause: Unit wasn't coded for my car. It needed coding, in long coding to check 8 Passive Speakers and Internal Amplifier (in my case/car).

Solution: In VCDS, Open 5F Module -> Coding -> Long Coding Helper -> Scroll through bytes until you found options for speaker number (6 or 8 passive speakers) and option for amplifier (External or Internal) -> Choose what your care have -> Save -> Do it! |

This solved my problem and Volume knob works without any problems.

• Like 1

Sorry guys for not replying earlier... I visit briskoda rather rarely and ususally only if someone eitehr PMs me or tags me in the post.

Microphone - with RNS/RCD series and separate BT module there are two possible wiring set:

1. microphone goes to RNS/RCD and then from RNS/RCD to BT module - this is used for voice controlling RNS/RCD unit

2. microphone goes directly to BT module

Those of you who have microphone open circuit issue have 2nd setup. Solution is to make two jumpers in BT plug that will re-route microphone signal to the wires that transfer audio signal from BT to RNS/RCD are re-pin QuadLock adapter microphone input to these two wires.

Rear view camera image but no OPS - this is related to SW versions above 0241. To have it solved (to have OPS overlay or RVC image) you need to replace or upgrade SW in your PDC / PLA unit. The ones that work are those used in Yeti FL cars - 5J0919475C (4 channels - rear only, can also use any module with HW version 5J0919475A and have firmware updated to 0011), 1Z0919475G (8 channels, can also use any module with HW version 7N0919475 and have firmware updated to 0011), 3T0919475G (PLA 12 channels, can also use any module with HW version 4H0919475E and have firmware updated to 0013),

An interesting option is also to replace 8 channels controller with 1K8919472C which has the feature of self turning on when approaching car / wall in front of you (it requires re-pinning or special adapter as plugs are different).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is it worth gong for a later revision than 5L0035200A? I've got a Superb with the sound system upgrade and the wife has a 13 plate Yeti with standard audio. There is one available locally for £310 and wondering if this is a good price for a 5L0035200A?

• 2 months later...

Can somebody help me to flash a 1Z0 920 843 S (2012 Octavia 2 FL) instrument cluster to 1Z0 920 843 T fw 1028?

I have installed a Composition Media unit (5K7 035 200 D) but I have several issues with the MFD and with the radio.

The radio's clock show 0:00.

The MFD frozen with Apple CarPlay text.

My gateway already flashed to 7N0 907 530 BH (with .sgo file) but I don't have .sgo for my instrument cluster.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone:

I'm from Taiwan.
I'm don't know Bolero or Amundsen system in my Skoda Octavia Combi Mk.3 Facelift.
Can I update my system?

Device part number:5Q0035840B
Hardward:H30
Software:0361
Installed software train version:MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0361T
Part number:5Q0035840B
Software version:H28.28.174_STD2Plus_EU

May I update for CN,or just can do EU?

Please help and does someone has an update newer?
Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Eric8891 said:

Skoda Octavia Combi Mk.3 Facelift 

設備部件號:5Q0035840B

硬件:H30
軟件:0361
安裝軟件訓練版本:MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0361T
部件號:5Q0035840B
軟件版本:H28.28.174_STD2Plus_EU

@pab567 請幫助,謝謝!

7 minutes ago, Eric8891 said:

大家好:

我來自台灣。
我不知道我的 Skoda Octavia Combi Mk.3 Facelift 中的 Bolero 或 Amundsen 系統。
我可以更新我的系統嗎?

設備部件號:5Q0035840B 硬件
:H30
軟件:0361
安裝軟件訓練版本:MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0361T
部件號:5Q0035840B
軟件版本:H28.28.174_STD2Plus_EU

我可以更新CN,還是只能做EU?

請幫助,有人有更新嗎?
謝謝!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys!

I'm retrofiting soundsystem to my Octavia mk2 2006, also I have MIB2 PQ Bolero retrofited a year ago. There is a problem with sound, I've wired front left and rear left doors and just wanted to try how it sounds. Everything coded in 5F (adaptation also), firstly I have the sound but then when I've started the car sound just disappeared... Does all the speakers have to be connected to amplifier to work everything properly? 

Just now, Pec995 said:

Hi guys!

I'm retrofiting soundsystem to my Octavia mk2 2006, also I have MIB2 PQ Bolero retrofited a year ago. There is a problem with sound, I've wired front left and rear left doors and just wanted to try how it sounds. Everything coded in 5F (adaptation also), firstly I have the sound but then when I've started the car sound just disappeared... Does all the speakers have to be connected to amplifier to work everything properly? 

Also, it's newer version of amplifier 

HW: 3T0 035 456

SW:0342

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone

i made this retrofit 

i have 2 issues 

1 my mic still doesnt work i reroute the cables and still nothing dont know what else to do

2 my clock shows the same time when it changes a minute shows 6:28 but the time is always 12:00 some knows how to solve this issue

• 1 month later...

Mine was working flawlessly and then started doing this. I presumed it was because the GPS antenna on the car had failed or was poor. The head limit GPS doesn’t sync now. Maps thinks I am in the sea or crossing France. CarPlay works just fine  

I was going to pull the unit and plug in a spare GPS antenna and see if that cured it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/01/2019 at 22:32, pab567 said:

Exactly as @langers2k described: SEAT unit with software tweak (SKODA HMI - Human Machine Interface). But I still have to solve one issue - the only way to exit Phone menu in MaxiDot is to start navigating.

Did you solve phone menu! Can somehow climatronic pops out from rns put on mib? Thx!

On 06/01/2019 at 21:32, pab567 said:

Exactly as @langers2k described: SEAT unit with software tweak (SKODA HMI - Human Machine Interface). But I still have to solve one issue - the only way to exit Phone menu in MaxiDot is to start navigating.

Have you been able to solve this?  I have the same problem.