Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II

I sourced a Skoda Yeti radio from a 2014 model, part number 5L0035680E. 

Hoping I can grab the matching gateway as well. 

Where did you get the Aux bits and adapter cable etc for yours? I have the Bolero unit which is coming out to be replaced by the new one. Just wanted to make sure I collected the right bits now as well as hooking up an DAB antenna somewhere. 

Need to find an auto tech to sort the radio before I plug it in though!

I got mine from AliExpress as it was under £40 and delivered in a week (less if you don't need/want the USB adapter which supports iPhones, the Android only one is cheaper).

5G0 035 222E/F is the one that supports both.

So just curious I am taking out the stock Bolero in our Superb 3T and put in the new STD (E) Do I need to source a 40-52 pin quad lock adapter too?

looks like my parts list (to buy) includes:

-quad lock adapter

-dab antenna shark update

-gps antenna

- dab wire to radio/fin

-usb hub and relevant wires

- custom 3D print some blank sockets for the usb sockets for the gear shift cover switch area. 

anyone done the aerial upgrade who can offer advice?

If you buy the correct fin aerial it'll contain GPS and DAB, so you're killing two birds with one stone. You then just need the extender cables with relevant Fakra connector to hook up to the radio.. where you'll also need the Quadlock adapter. Look back in my posts on the last page for one for about £12. You'll just need to move two incorrectly located pins in it.

I'd also reconsider the USB location. I tried it there for just over a day and it was really annoying having the USB cable plugged in NY the shifter and on show etc. Much neater to just replace the one in the armrest cubby.

I have the factory Bolero. The dials poke through the faceplate, it's the newer style fit. Mine looks like the bottom one, not the top.

4536912.jpg&key=95f53f8f331a25f00d582c1c

Edited by Oli

Just to confirm...

If anyone else gets the adapter of finest Chinesium (like this one I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078SRXGT2). I've bought the same one and can confirm that the radio side of the adapter you do indeed need to move the pink and brown wires across form their original position to where I have pointed with the screwdriver. They also need to be swapped around as the polarity is incorrect in the shipped product.

IMG_4203.JPG

original wiring as it arrives, screwdriver to where the wires need to shift to

IMG_1902.JPG

wiring complete, can be done with a small jewellers screwdriver, white plastic block pops out and can be readily re-pined.

Edited by Oli

44 minutes ago, vdias said:

Have you guys considered the change to the OEM RCD330 PLUS model? No rare firmware changes o canbus problems... and cheap!

I tried the RCD330 and it's 'OK' but certainly not 'great'. Looking at an old post of mine, the most obvious issues/bugs I'd noticed were:

- No RDS info for FM

- No alternative frequency (AF) switching for FM

- No maxidot support apart from incoming call notifications

- No climate information displayed

- Occasional volume issues

- Gets stuck in the 'voice' EQ losing most the bass

I had zero issues with the MIB PQ STD2 headunit but obviously the lack of climate info support was the same :)

6 minutes ago, vdias said:

You are talking about cars that cost less than 7000€ in the market now in 2020... and talking about buying a "new" head unit of more 500€...

Don't fit one then...?

If you're happy with the RCD330, then good for you. I tried one and I wasn't happy so I changed it for something better, namely the MIB Amundsen. Pointing out the flaws of each helps people make an informed decision to avoid disappointment when something doesn't work as they'd expect.

As for cost, when I sold my Octavia, I took the MIB Amundsen out and made back the money I'd spent on it... Simples ;)

• Like 1

Been installing mine today. Waiting on roof antenna so I can get the DAB and GPS wires in. 

My roof microphone goes to the Bluetooth unit under the driver’s seat. 

Anyone know the part number for the cable from the roof mic to the radio loom?

23C73DB5-A3A2-4CA1-8FE1-0708055727A3.jpeg

58AFE9A6-6D80-4C56-9248-A203354AAA9C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

All installed and working. Last thing I am trying to figure out is how the phone steering wheel button should work. 

Is there a coding to make sure that the steering wheel phone button triggers Siri when CarPlay is on?

Edited by Oli

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I managed to spend an hour or two today installing one of China's finest trunk handle low line reversing cameras (surprisingly good for £16!!) and coded it up via VCDS. It all works as it should, however I don't have the option to show the PDC overlay on the camera feed, the camera has essentially replaced the Yeti PDC graphic.

I do have a little 'right arrow' icon on the left of the screen, but pressing it does nothing at all. The right hand options for brightness, contrast etc all work fine. Any ideas?

20201028_140118.jpg

9 minutes ago, langers2k said:

You might need to recode or replace the parking sensor module :)

I know I switched to a newer version from a Yeti but I can't remember what issue caused me to swap it.

Ah.. arse.

I assume you can't just flash a module via VCDS?

To be honest, it's not a massive issue anyway as the camera's clearly better than the graphic and I still have the beeps etc.. but I just like to have everything working as it should, you know? :biggrin:

VCDS can't flash any modules, so nope ;)

Looks like I started with:

Part No SW: 5J0 919 475 A    HW: 5J0 919 475 A
   Coding: 10800E

Which I recoded to:

Coding: 30800E

And eventually replaced with:

Part No SW: 5J0 919 475 C    HW: 5J0 919 475 A
   Coding: 308007

If you haven't already, I'd try recoding the park assist module as I'm pretty sure it has a 'camera fitted' bit.

Yep, I had to recode the PDC bit to 30800E to get the camera to show, it wasn't enough to enable it via byte 17 in 5F.

Might eventually pick one up from a breakers etc then at some point, but won't let it bother me for now. Ta for clarifying.

Is there a way to show CarPlay info in the dashboard mfd? Mine all works but when I look at media or telephone info it just says “CarPlay” or similar in the dash. Just curious if that’s a coding issue or a feature that you can’t change.

7 hours ago, Zukabak said:

Ok, so I managed to spend an hour or two today installing one of China's finest trunk handle low line reversing cameras (surprisingly good for £16!!) and coded it up via VCDS. It all works as it should, however I don't have the option to show the PDC overlay on the camera feed, the camera has essentially replaced the Yeti PDC graphic.

I do have a little 'right arrow' icon on the left of the screen, but pressing it does nothing at all. The right hand options for brightness, contrast etc all work fine. Any ideas?

20201028_140118.jpg

Was that an estate install or a saloon? Looks decent!

10 minutes ago, Oli said:

Is there a way to show CarPlay info in the dashboard mfd? Mine all works but when I look at media or telephone info it just says “CarPlay” or similar in the dash. Just curious if that’s a coding issue or a feature that you can’t change.

Was that an estate install or a saloon? Looks decent!

You can't get the MFD to display the Carplay/Android Auto info by default, but it might be possible if you upgrade the MFD and some other modules etc, but it really doesn't bother me at all. 

It's an estate, makes a world of difference. Straight install into the existing boot lock too so looks completely factory.