Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II

On 27.04.2017 at 09:46, archerok said:

Good afternoon! I bought the same
Amundsen MIB STD2 5L0035680. Without a letter at the end. The protection of the components has been removed. Installed it in the Rapid platform PQ25. I have a few questions:
1) Mirrorlink and headless control are not activated by me. Can I somehow activate them?
2) Is it possible to change the picture of the Yeti?

Russian version
Добрый день! Купил такую же 
Amundsen MIB STD2 5L0035680. Без буквы на конце. Защита компонентов была снята. Установил её в Рапид на платформе PQ25. У меня есть несколько вопросов:
1) Миррорлинк и головосое управление у меня не активированы. Можно ли их как-то активировать?
2) Можно ли как-то изменить картинку Йети ?

Ad. 1 - yes, this is possible, contact me on PM for details

Ad. 2 - this is not possible :(

On 30.04.2017 at 18:01, archerok said:

All good day! I have in operation Amundsen MIB STD2 5L0035680 (without letters at the end) and I had a couple of questions:
1) What is the latest firmware? At me 0136. Sometimes just the volume at inclusion of ignition can be louder or more silently. I read that this is fixed by firmware.
2) How to change the Yeti picture for the parking sensors and the compass (on the map)? If you change to any other, that on the compass the car disappears altogether, and on the partronics is just a black screen.
3) I have a choice of a key when choosing Mirrorlink. Can I somehow activate it? In the odys and vcds found the item, but it does not activate (produces an error).
4) Is it possible to somehow activate voice control? So in the odys and vcds the error is popping up.

On 30.04.2017 at 18:17, archerok said:

All good day! I have in operation Amundsen MIB STD2 5L0035680 (without letters at the end) and I had a couple of questions:
1) What is the latest firmware? At me 0136. Sometimes just the volume at inclusion of ignition can be louder or more silently. I read that this is fixed by firmware.
2) How to change the Yeti picture for the parking sensors and the compass (on the map)? If you change in ODISe or vcds to another picture of the machine (superb or octavia), then the compass will lose the machine image (there will be an empty compass), and on parktronics just a black screen.
3) When choosing Mirrorlink, I am asked for some key. Can I activate it? In ODISe and vcds, I found an activation point, but it does not activate (produces an error).
4) Can I activate voice control? When activated in ODISe and vcds, an error occurs.

Ad. 1) Latest firmware for your unit I know is 0138

Ad. 2) It's not possible to change the picture as this units were mounted only in Yeti :(

Ad. 3) You cannot do this with VCDS. It has to be made with ODIS ONLINE and with some special tricks (don't ask, I know the guy who can do it but I don't know more details)

Ad. 4) Same as for MirrorLink

• Like 1

For those you have issues with PDC and reverse camera - if your system has 8 sensors (4 front, 4 rear) that what may help is to flash it with SW 0013 originally dedicated for 5K0919475E. No guarantee but is few cars it already solved such issues :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.05.2017 at 12:37, pab567 said:

For those you have issues with PDC and reverse camera - if your system has 8 sensors (4 front, 4 rear) that what may help is to flash it with SW 0013 originally dedicated for 5K0919475E. No guarantee but is few cars it already solved such issues :)

Another update, unit chnged from Amundsen versio A to C with SmartLink.

I do confirm that after flashing software as per above for OPS by @pab567 ops is now showig car on reverse camera, first OIIFL with that in Poland:)

before i had:

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels: 1Z0-919-475-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 1Z0 919 475 C    HW: 1Z0 919 475 A
   Component: PARKHILFE 8K  H06 0006  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 66540920500846
   Coding: 310002
   Shop #: WSC 00567 048 00001
   VCID: 4191526F8189330A50EE1B9-8014

Device both OPS and Amu needed proper turn off to use updated software.

Short movie:

https://goo.gl/photos/DJCHmPivYXUEYhHu9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2017 at 23:40, pab567 said:

First of all, in majority of the cases Gateway does NOT have to be raplaced - if your Gateway des not support 5F you simply mark 37, 56 and 77 as installed. In order to connect to infotainment unit you manually enter address 5F in VCDS... that's all...

Hello.

How can i access manualy 5F adresses with vcds if not support this?

This is my Gateway.

Thank you.

Address 19: CAN Gateway        Labels: 1K0-907-530.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 907 530 AD    HW: 1K0 907 951 
   Component: J533  Gateway   H07 0112  
   Revision:   H07 01    Serial number: 171109F1002323
   Coding: E9A17F46400202000002
   Shop #: WSC 00046 000 00000
   VCID: 69D3A37D4062C31
Edited by Vag4ever

• 1 month later...

Hello guys

I successfully fit a MIB (5C0035680C, hardware H22, software O245, component protection removed) into my VW Golf MK6 2014. It's working quite fine.

1) Do you know if it's possible to activate Car-Net ? I can't obviously register my VIN in volkswagen web

2) Also App-Connect is still not working (yet activated on my unit). Maybe it's the cable, I'll try buy a new one.

Car sees the phone, the phone sees the car, but eventually it fails with error "Connection failed, check if your phone is unlocked" (It's an iPhone 7)

3) The Park Pilot (PDC) shows an error sometimes and stops working. Maybe I could try to buy a new PDC controller to have newer version.

Maybe it's also the MIB itself, is there a way to upgrade the firmware of the MIB ? There's a software update through SD card right ? Do you know where to find firmware updates ?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone of you have "bad" sound after install MIB STD2 in stead of RNS510(Columbus)? I would describe it like the high-end frequencies are missing, like it is in 3-way mode and i only have a 2-way system and missing the tweeter. I already tweaked the sound settings, and still have poor sound :( 

49 minutes ago, siemi1 said:

Do you have Skoda SoundSystem it might be an isue if not corectly coded right @pab567 ?

I don't have sound system. Just standard 8 speaker setup.

4 x woofer/midrange

4 x tweeters

• 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to actually connect the camera to the MIB so far ? 

In VCDS you open controller 5F, then go to Coding, and you should find somewhere a checkbox Rear camera installed. (VCDS, if it’s your question, is a cable that you plug into the diagnostic port of your car and a software installed on a laptop, just go to a garage, they’ll know)

I didn’t find anything to activate the clim display. But I don’t really miss it to be honest 

Thank you for the answers. I still have a question, after installing the navigation (MIB) a few hours ago, he showed me the message: Component active protection. I bought another sailing that has not yet displayed the CP Active message, which can make it pair with my car (octavia 2 fl 08-2011)? Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Good night all! There is a question. I bought a wire and AUX and USB. Connected all and activated. However, AUX does not work (it not  was in Media. I connected it as AUX 1). USB was defined as USB2 and works completely correctly when USB1 is present, but it is not active). Tell me please: why there is no AUX and why USB2?

11 hours ago, archerok said:

Good night all! There is a question. I bought a wire and AUX and USB. Connected all and activated. However, AUX does not work (it not  was in Media. I connected it as AUX 1). USB was defined as USB2 and works completely correctly when USB1 is present, but it is not active). Tell me please: why there is no AUX and why USB2?

ГУ USB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.09.2017 at 23:08, KMDTHY said:

Anyone of you have "bad" sound after install MIB STD2 in stead of RNS510(Columbus)? I would describe it like the high-end frequencies are missing, like it is in 3-way mode and i only have a 2-way system and missing the tweeter. I already tweaked the sound settings, and still have poor sound :( 

I had the same problem. Poor sound from tweeter.
Pab567 coded me Sound System Skoda (With Virtual Subwoofer function, which unfortunately does not work, but the sound was much better)
After few days I replacing also the tweeters on the front + added the Sony XMS400D amplifier.
Edited by untaztood

9 hours ago, KMDTHY said:

Do you have Sound System? Or same setup as i have, 2-way? I don't see why i have i exchange the tweeters. The sound was excellent with the old Columbus(RNS-510)

I don't have Sound System. Only 8 speakers. For me also RNS315 sounds much better. I think the Yeti has other speakers.
Ask @Pab567, maybe remember how he coded that sounds better.
After replacing the front tweeter the sound was much better. Sony XMS-400D has also added power.  I set the lowpass filter on the front speakers. After that I also added a subwoofer, via hi-input from the rear speakers.
Now I'm satisfied, but I do not have a fader.
By default this is about 70% front 30% rear. For me perfectly.

But you, at first, try to code the radio.  This gave me a fine effect for this problem.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2018 at 14:10, zice said:

I have a second unit 5L0035680B for sale, with nav/carplay/android auto/mirrorlink enabled and component patched.

Plug & play really, for the best you can get in OEM retrofit on the MK2 ;)

PM for details.

sold

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I have Skoda Superb 2 FL 2014 and couple days ago i was inspired with Discovery Media on my friend's Passat B6, but it always red)

Maybe u know an analogue of Discovery Media (with green buttons, carlink and so on) for my car and which part number of it.

Now i have a stock Bolero, so i think i need a new frame to install, maybe u can help me with it part number also.

Thanks a lot!