190 TDI dsg engine

My 190 tdi 4x4 combi works great from 20-130 just fine , 0-20 like driving in mud going to order throttle response as soon as i have the cash spare, i dont want a racing car thats not what i bought , i just want an even level accelaration ,other than that my car is fantastic better than my last bmw x3 and my last superb combi mk2 fl 140 elegance 

If you want hi performance buy a 280 petrol

Thats my tuppence in the mix

• Like 2

My Dealer has loaned me an Octy 3 Estate whilst my S3 is in for service and warranty work.  Although the car is a fairly basic spec, I do have the following engine observations:

DSG7 is much better at anticipating throttle demand and much quicker to get into the right gear.  No waiting for a change or having to use paddles or extra right foot to wake the box up.

it is not a 190 but easily gives the same or better throttle response and pickup in all DCC modes.

60mpg or more is no challenge at all on the same route that my S3 struggles to hit 40mpg on!

It has the same 'resonance' from somewhere under the bonnet in centre front near the screen as the S3 does at certain rpm.

I would seriously consider ordering one, though with a better spec - not being snobbish but I miss certain toys that my S3 has that are not on this O3 (no Nav, DAB, paddles, TV, auto-brake, revering camera, heated seats, ACC, all round parking sensors, leather, electric seats, MFSW etc)  :-)

In 1.6 TDI guise the Octavia first had the 7 speed DSG in 2010, the Superb 3 also has 7 speed DSG in the 1.6 TDI.

I would think the Superb 2.0 TDI's will get the 7 speed DSG at some point soon as VW's already have it, the new 2017 Golf GTD 184 has the 7 speed DSG, and the Tiguan 2.0 TDI's are 7 speed DSG's in 150, 190 and 240bhp TDI's. The Passat R-Line BITDI 240bhp is also 7 speed.

The Kodiaq has the 7 speed wet clutch DSG mated to the 2.0 diesel as well so its made it to the Skoda family and its just a matter of time until it makes it to the Superb

Completely agree with Windscreenman.   I started this thread, and wondered if it was just me.  6,000 miles on, and the zero to 20 mph is still pathetic.   It's the only thing I dislike about the car, so this just makes it all the more frustrating.

On 18/02/2017 at 19:59, killie97 said:

Completely agree with Windscreenman.   I started this thread, and wondered if it was just me.  6,000 miles on, and the zero to 20 mph is still pathetic.   It's the only thing I dislike about the car, so this just makes it all the more frustrating.

Well I took the plunge and ordered the pedal box  so I will let you now what it's like when it arrives I have noticed since ordering that lag has got worse when joining roundabouts when travelling 20-25 mph and you put your foot in it hesitates then kicks down and tries to snap your neck .:angry: this is the only negative I have with the car everything else is great .......spoils a very good car.:clapping:

• Like 1

Cheers Windscreenman - look forward to hearing what you feel about the pedal box when you get it.  Can you also let us know if it's difficult to fit, cause I'm certainly not a techie in any way.  Thanks

I must have a dodgy 190 as in sport mode away from a junction it's like the proverbial s** t off a shovel with tyres struggling to grip and traction control light flashing like a good un.

Edited by Njones59

7 minutes ago, Njones59 said:

I must have a dodgy 190 as in sport mode away from a junction it's like the proverbial s** t off a shovel with tyres struggling to grip and traction control light flashing like a good un.

DSG or manual ?

The only time I got wheelspin is when I press the proper gas and has wheels pointing sharp left or right and asphalt is a little wet. Do you have the same problem when driving in Normal mode?

3 hours ago, Njones59 said:

2wd or 4wd  mines a 4x4 and im finding my problem in normal mode not sport in sport it go s like stink with no wheelspin but find it more on /off in sport i like normal mode for every day but need to eliminate the lag hence pedal box should be here soon

7 hours ago, Windscreenman said:

2wd or 4wd  mines a 4x4 and im finding my problem in normal mode not sport in sport it go s like stink with no wheelspin but find it more on /off in sport i like normal mode for every day but need to eliminate the lag hence pedal box should be here soon

2wd and, normal mode is still pretty slick as well. Bearing in mind my previous car was an E320 merc so I'm comparing with something with a bit of get up and go as well.

So you dont have any turbo lag and you dont seem to be waiting an age for it to spool up if so thats good 

Unfortunately for me i dont have that and i dont like being thrown to the back of my seat when it does kick in so i hope that the pedal box will sort it out if not i may have to go back to the dealer and stamp my feet a bit on the salesmans head and see what happens ...................

On 2/18/2017 at 19:59, killie97 said:

Yes actually that is something I always found with mine.

Go to set off quickly and floor it and it would take a few seconds before it would take off. I think it reduced the throttle down and eased the clutch in rather than engaging it quickly like you would in a manual.

• Like 1

Righto well race chip throttle response arrived today easy to fit took all of five minutes , unhook plug on top of car accelerator pluged in t/r connected other end to pick up cable job done.

First impressions are lag has been drastically reduced havent had a good chance to find the best setting for my driving style only done about 30 miles with it but as the missis was beside me was difficult to fiddle as i get into trouble for not paying attention to the road ahead butstarted out at setting 4 as that was what it was set at from factory it seems to now select lower gears allot quicker and not so sharp to take off as to jar your neck, much more even puck up from standing start much more assertive now feels like a 190 bhp, had a bit play on top setting as you do and well this little box is a f@#$in miracle car takes off even quicker than before no wheelspin instant grip go's like hell it was one of them omfg moments like flying machine or what.

So now i will have a play about and find a decent setting for everyday driving , but i now have a hooligan setting (sport mode on dcc and top stting on t/response oh happy days :biggrin:

• Like 4

The fly by wire throttle and euro 6 tech have changed the operating parameters of the throttle action /reaction times between pedal and engine  the throttle response chip just speeds up the reaction times between the pedal and the engine it cuts out the lag in reaction to hitting the pedal.

You are not changeing any of the operating parameters of the car itself you are just speeding up the reaction between pedal and engine