Octavia III Facelift

Meh....... Not so sure

The Kodiaq is gonna be too much as a 7 seater when there's only 3 of us and the sport line looks better.

Jag looks a little Fisher Price inside and the Yeti is old tech kinda find myself stuck with an Octavia just hope the vRS is released soon as it'll cost me too much to go full term on my PCP

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Meh....... Not so sure

The Kodiaq is gonna be too much as a 7 seater when there's only 3 of us and the sport line looks better.

Jag looks a little Fisher Price inside and the Yeti is old tech kinda find myself stuck with an Octavia just hope the vRS is released soon as it'll cost me too much to go full term on my PCP

12 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Meh....... Not so sure

Jag looks a little Fisher Price inside and the Yeti is old tech kinda find myself stuck with an Octavia just hope the vRS is released soon as it'll cost me too much to go full term on my PCP

Don't forget that there's a new Yeti coming up and it looks nothing like the current one, in fact it looks more like a Tiguan. So may suit more people than the Kodiaq.

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2016/03/2018-yeti-frontquarter.jpg?itok=2dzKItMV

Edited by TheWanderer

Don't think so. Should find out later in the year.

I've got another 12-18 months to go before I consider changing, however there's a lot of personal issues that could get in the way of changing cars, so I'll only consider it if I can afford to do it.

On 28/01/2017 at 10:10, pipsypreturnsagain said:

Prospective vRS TDI owners seem to be getting done a bit too.....prime opportunity for Skoda to introduce the 190 SCR motor but no it continues with the outgoing 184.....TSI gets the 230 tune though.

Dont get me wrong, having had a car than needs AdBlue (and finding it a little bit of a pain) there is an upside to the 184 remaining, but where is the progress? ...

I agree on lack of progress.  I have a 2013 Mk3 2.0d Elegance - 110g C02.  The new 2017 version?  113g Co2 from here.  That's negative progress!  Why can't they use the 2.0d SCR engine?  IIRC, in the A4, the SCR 150 produces 99g in the saloon and 104g in the Avant - heavier cars than the Octy.

The new front is growing on me. I do recall when the Mk2 FL came out I was not impressed, but bought one a few months later and I would say I now prefer the Mk2 FL to pre. 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:47, fabdavrav said:

I see that the UK website has "rough road package" available to order £220?.............standard on the Scout.

Where are you seeing options pricing on the UK site? The configurator still has the old model, and the 'brochure' is basically a flyer, not a brochure, and only has list prices for the different models, not the options.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2017 at 07:12, SurreyJohn said:

But if you go for a L&K you are forced to have a diesel, not very practical when some cities are proposing bans on diesels.

I have had two L&K petrol autos in the past (both brilliant cars, mk1 stayed in family until 12 years old, the mk2 was sold at 8 years), but Skoda no longer wants my business (even though I have bought 7 Skodas)

Gotta say I felt 100% same as you when I 1st saw pricelist (I'm a Yeti-driving Briskoda member who's not been on this forum for ages).

My Yeti is just about the perfect car for me but I'd like to buy into the latest tech re. driver-assist etc. For me it has to be be practical & it absofookinlutely has to be petrol.

I was as dismayed as you when I 1st saw the pricelist but, when I looked again, it seems that maybe not all is lost. Of course, we need to be able to see the configurator but I think I'll be able to get the car I want without any deep regrets:

• SE-L Estate 150ps DSG petrol - £23,855
  • L&K Estate 150ps DSG diesel - £29,885

That's more than a £6 saving - I'm sure I can pick my selection of 'missing' L&K options out of that, whilst simultaneously avoiding the L&K badging (which I personally find a bit vulgar) :rolleyes: ..........taaaaake cover...........incoming........:biggrin:

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

10 hours ago, Juniperz said:

I agree on lack of progress.  I have a 2013 Mk3 2.0d Elegance - 110g C02.  The new 2017 version?  113g Co2 from here.  That's negative progress!  Why can't they use the 2.0d SCR engine?  IIRC, in the A4, the SCR 150 produces 99g in the saloon and 104g in the Avant - heavier cars than the Octy.

I'm not so sure the 190 IS progress. 

Have you checked out the Superb thread, lots of claims of a lethargic and overall underwhelming performance from their 190 tdi's. The economy is also failing to materialise too. 

Could be a blessing. 

2 hours ago, vc-10 said:

Where are you seeing options pricing on the UK site? The configurator still has the old model, and the 'brochure' is basically a flyer, not a brochure, and only has list prices for the different models, not the options.

My bad, still the current "old" one.............

when did they add that then? as I know when I looked at the MK3 when it first came out & there was no mention of the rough road package anywhere!

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

I'm not so sure the 190 IS progress. 

Have you checked out the Superb thread, lots of claims of a lethargic and overall underwhelming performance from their 190 tdi's. The economy is also failing to materialise too. 

Could be a blessing. 

I take your point.  I am a company car user though, and the BIK scale gets tougher every year, so my next car needs to be sub-100g/km really, but I don't want to go below 150bhp...  Hence why going backwards on co2 is a bit of a shocker - though 110g and 113g are in the same band. A Passat is also on my shortlist, and the SE Business is 110g and the GT (my preference) is 113g too.  How can the much lighter Octy still be 113g?...  Waiting to see what Golf Mk7 FL looks like, but they have announced less that Skoda.

50 minutes ago, Juniperz said:

I take your point.  I am a company car user though, and the BIK scale gets tougher every year, so my next car needs to be sub-100g/km really, but I don't want to go below 150bhp...  Hence why going backwards on co2 is a bit of a shocker - though 110g and 113g are in the same band. A Passat is also on my shortlist, and the SE Business is 110g and the GT (my preference) is 113g too.  How can the much lighter Octy still be 113g?...  Waiting to see what Golf Mk7 FL looks like, but they have announced less that Skoda.

Point taken pal, as a non co car driver, this never came into my thinking. 

My 15 plate vRS diesel is due back to VW finance in July so currently I'm toying with another vRS (facelift) or a Superb Sportline. So feedback on the 190 has been very topical for me. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm. I had a quick look between the vRS and the Superb Sportline 

£8k difference 

Said it was only a quick look !!!

A loaded diesel Sportline 4x4 estate with 4K miles was for sale with £10k + off list price last week. Dealer trying to convince me that Superbs were holding their money too!

To be fair, the Sportline is the only car in the current Skoda lineup that I would consider changing the VRS for. Seen some Kodiaq Sportline mock ups in the press that look good though. 

13 hours ago, Skoda Al Coda said:

• SE-L Estate 150ps DSG petrol - £23,855
  • L&K Estate 150ps DSG diesel - £29,885

That's more than a £6 saving - I'm sure I can pick my selection of 'missing' L&K options out of that, whilst simultaneously avoiding the L&K badging (which I personally find a bit vulgar) :rolleyes: ..........taaaaake cover...........incoming........:biggrin:

The biggest benefit for me (of having an SE L), would be avoiding the Adaptive Cruise Control on the L&K.  I had a Passat GT for 5 days recently, and the ACC on that drove me scatty.  I use ordinary CC a lot, and I hated the way that ACC slowed you down without asking - just when you are about to change lanes on the motorway!  I know that you can touch the accelerator with your foot to override that, but the point of CC is that you don't need to move your foot.  I did have the sensitivity set to the minimum.

3 hours ago, Juniperz said:

I hated the way that ACC slowed you down without asking - just when you are about to change lanes on the motorway!

You don't like it slowing down? Do you want to hit the car in front?

If you are indicating when about to change lanes it does not slow down (or will speed back up) maybe you weren't indicating?

1 hour ago, norsko said:

I will never ever buy a car without ACC again :biggrin:

+1

Me neither, best bit of kit on the car IMHO (as long as you are not in heavy snow)

New FL maybe pug-ugly but it does go some way to sorting that issue

17 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

My bad, still the current "old" one.............

when did they add that then? as I know when I looked at the MK3 when it first came out & there was no mention of the rough road package anywhere!

Click 'Download a brochure' here http://www.skoda.co.uk/why-skoda/new-octavia/default

2 hours ago, flybynite said:

You don't like it slowing down? Do you want to hit the car in front?

If you are indicating when about to change lanes it does not slow down (or will speed back up) maybe you weren't indicating?

In 35 years of driving and 13 with cruise control, I know what I am doing without needing to descend into jibes.  I am quite happy to judge my speed, alter it with CC if necessary, and indicate when a car passing on the motorway is level with me (rather than spook it when it is 2 car lengths behind me), and then change lanes.  No drama with normal CC.  I can easily do that without being dangerously close, but it all goes to pot if my car slows down.  And thanks - it is useful to know that indicating stops the misbehaviour, but as explained above, I prefer to indicate when I am ready rather than when a computer dictates.

1 hour ago, vc-10 said:

Click 'Download a brochure' here http://www.skoda.co.uk/why-skoda/new-octavia/default

Sadly that's just a flyer without option pricing and availability at different trim levels.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/Octavia Hatch 2017/new-octavia-flyer.pdf

Edited by Juniperz
Link