Octavia III Facelift

1 minute ago, djkarlos said:

I got a copy of the new brochure on Monday, however it is very basic, doesn't include a full spec list, or pricing so unless there is another imminent don't get excited

Yes it's just an A5 flyer really. No details on vRS or Scout.

But then the new full Kodiaq brochure is pointless too

Had a look at a FL model yesterday in Lookers, whilst the RS was serviced there and I was seriously unimpressed by it, I don't like the front one jot and as for the inside with grey/silver dials and that fingerprint magnet of an infotainment system. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Also had a look at a Kodiaq, now that impressed me to a point, however it has the same fingerprint magnet infotainment system.

Just read above spec list and noticed that the VRS comes with colour maxi-dot as standard, is this correct? Hope so ...

I thought this was a part of the Black Pack + optional extra.

Are we sure that spec list is right? It's  got a lot of spelling mistakes - surely someone at skoda would check it before it went to all the dealers?

Also is there any chance the standard spec for each trim has changed since the order books opened or will every FL car match these specs? 

Forgive me if these are stupid questions!

9 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

Ah that's a different brochure to the one in stock last week.

It is temperamental to open. Works on home laptop but not the work one.

I can assure you I've not made it up myself... 

Here's a screen grab of the vRS std spec from the spreadsheet (for those that are having trouble opening it)

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

It worked for me. Although I can't see any options for the vRS on the 4th page.

Turns out there are two hidden columns on the 4th page, column H and I (Scout and vRS). I managed to see them by saving as a CSV but there very little filled in so I don't think they've finished doing the spec for Scout and vRS at time of release of this file.

Guest Cossiecol
36 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

Here's a screen grab of the vRS std spec from the spreadsheet (for those that are having trouble opening it)

Capture.PNG

Just pinged an email to the dealer I'm using who is going to look into this on Thursday and get back to me as I've selected this option, hopefully some money back (which will just go to upgrading the black pack :) )

6 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Skoda UK Customer Services confirmed by phone that the £175 folding wing mirrors option is not available for the vRS as they are standard by default of being on the SE L. The car configurer will allow you to choose this option though, on both the SE L or vRS.

I have only thought about folding mirrors on the SE L.  SkodaUK told me on twitter that they were not standard on the SE L.  I have seen a car in a dealership with no options, yet the mirrors fold / unfold when you lock / unlock the car, so they are standard (and unlike the current car where they only unfold when you start the engine (on my KESSY car)).

IIRC, there are two options in the configurator for the SE L - £125 for folding mirrors with dimming and £125 for folding mirrors with memory adjustment when in conjunction with electric seats.  I think that SkodaUK are interpreting these as the only way that you can get folding mirrors, where you are really just paying £125 to add dimming or memory.  Sorry, that went on a bit B)

Ok so now we know the new vRS has 

Folding mirrors

Colour maxi dot

Dimming rear view mirror 

Lane Assist

Rain sensor

Does the lane assist camera has the capability of running the High Beam Assist or is it just limited to Traffic Sign Recognition?

Sorry I can't remember 

19 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Ok so now we know the new vRS has 

Folding mirrors

Colour maxi dot

Dimming rear view mirror 

Lane Assist

Rain sensor

Does the lane assist camera has the capability of running the High Beam Assist or is it just limited to Traffic Sign Recognition?

Sorry I can't remember 

The extract above from the spec list mentions HBA, which presumably stands for High Beam Assist. 

Might just be me but I think the standard spec for SEL and vRS models is very good and any options you do tick are 'wants' rather than 'needs'. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sorry I must have missed the HBA 

Where did it say it ?

Under Driver Assistance 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Under Driver Assistance 

Thanks

This FL vRS is looking very well spec'd compared to the O3 when it first came out although, I kinda remember it having everything at very first, hitting the parts bin issues & having loads removed from standard spec from then on.

So, vRS newby orderers, it could either be a long wait or really getting lucky

Fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

The extract above from the spec list mentions HBA, which presumably stands for High Beam Assist. 

Might just be me but I think the standard spec for SEL and vRS models is very good and any options you do tick are 'wants' rather than 'needs'. 

I added a space saver. But I always add a space saver despite never having needed it

12 minutes ago, Jcbl said:

I added a space saver. But I always add a space saver despite never having needed it

Ah yes, certainly a valuable extra. I'm keeping mine from my current vRS hence forgetting about it. 

10 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Ah yes, certainly a valuable extra. I'm keeping mine from my current vRS hence forgetting about it. 

Careful SC030TT, the spare is listed on the optional equipment label in the boot hence, they will expect it back

31 minutes ago, Jcbl said:

I have always added one since being let down by the can of shaving foam in a Honda Accord somewhere between 2004 and 2008.  It was flying out of the sidewall as fast as I was squirting it in the valve...  Of course I haven't had a puncture since then (touches wood frantically!).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Careful SC030TT, the spare is listed on the optional equipment label in the boot hence, they will expect it back

Indeed. I've sold mine though. So no need I worry. I have replaced it with the repair kit instead for the new owner. 

• Like 1