Fancy an immediate 10% return on your money?

SkodaVRS1963

This one wont work with plastic money I suspect, but I don know of someone who managed the quick 10% return with it using paper £10 notes.

Take 10 bank notes of the same denomination, and cut them crudely into 10 vertical pieces each, then badly sticky tape them back together to make 11 bank notes of 9 pieces each; when you use them just say sorry, your kid cut them up and you had to tape them back together.

The 11th note should consist of strip no.1 from note one, strip no.2 from note 2, strip no.3 from note 3 etc....

T

This one wont work with plastic money I suspect, but I don know of someone who managed the quick 10% return with it using paper £10 notes.

Take 10 bank notes of the same denomination, and cut them crudely into 10 vertical pieces each, then badly sticky tape them back together to make 11 bank notes of 9 pieces each; when you use them just say sorry, your kid cut them up and you had to tape them back together.

The 11th note should consist of strip no.1 from note one, strip no.2 from note 2, strip no.3 from note 3 etc....

I think you'll find each note needs a serial number

And we are expected to believe that you can just walk into a bank, and the cashier will glibly hand over 11 replacement notes, without so much as examining the chopped up and Sellotaped bits that have been handed over??

Reading the typing error in the post I assume it should have read "but I don't know of someone who..."

Edited by BJM
  • Like 1

I suspect the op is trying this now to get some money back........ :D  :D  :D

That is one terrible idea GG

Worse than the Ops one!

Hope he put some cash on the cubs winning world series yesterday, although he probably bet on them losing!!

T

I think you'll find each note needs a serial number

Thats why you cut them in "landscape mode", so each  note gets some of the serial number.

And we are expected to believe that you can just walk into a bank, and the cashier will glibly hand over 11 replacement notes, without so much as examining the chopped up and Sellotaped bits that have been handed over??

Reading the typing error in the post I assume it should have read "but I don't know of someone who..."

Correct, no bank will take them, but a shop assistant might be silly/kind enough.

This handy tip was from the guy who showed me how to crowbar up one side of an atm to make it weigh light, and give out more notes than you had asked for (never tried that one).

The one I do use sometimes is his handy guide on how to get out of certain car parks for free - and yes it works with several car parks I regularly use.

Edited by GentleGiant

The one I do use sometimes is his handy guide on how to get out of certain car parks for free - and yes it works with several car parks I regularly use.

How do you feel about shoplifting and other similar crimes?

• Like 1

Thats why you cut them in "landscape mode", so each  note gets some of the serial number.

Correct, no bank will take them, but a shop assistant might be silly/kind enough.

The same shop assistant who might be sacked, or have to pay it back out of their massive minimum wage? I have to laugh, this is on a set of forums where people regularly malign dealers as stealers.

• Like 2

How do you feel about shoplifting and other similar crimes?

I suspect our very own Walter Mitty has tried none of these schemes and are as made up as everything else in his life.

Edited by mdon
  • Like 4

This handy tip was from the guy who showed me how to crowbar up one side of an atm to make it weigh light, and give out more notes than you had asked for (never tried that one).

I would think walking up to an ATM machine with a crow bar may look a little suspicious 

I would think walking up to an ATM machine with a crow bar may look a little suspicious 

Yeah, a daylight approach might not be a good idea.

On the other hand, he was from Fleetwood, Blackpool; which has a rather rough reputation, so perhaps a crowbar is carried by everyone for protection.