EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

Were in, were in, to at least  2021......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/22/theresa-may-warn-eu-eyes-world-us-major-brexit-speech-florence/ 

Brexit delayed until 2021 as Theresa May commits UK to two year transition period  

• 22 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 5:07PM

• Theresa May confirms UK seeking two year transition
  • PM wants to keep Single Market access in transition
  • Government facing accusations of delaying Brexit
  • May: UK will honour EU membership commitments 

Theresa May has confirmed the UK will seek a two year transition period after Brexit under plans which will see Britain effectively keep its existing relationship with the EU until 2021. The Prime Minister said she wanted the UK and EU to maintain access to each other’s markets “on current terms” during the transition period.

Edited by lol-lol

Wot no risk assesment?

Every company worth its salt is producing a risk assessment when it comes to the effects of Brexit - so has every government department - so why have WE not seen seen them? (I wonder)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200634

I doubt you'll see this on the BBC or any MSM but, this is what greeted May when she left her speech in Florence today.

21687524_10159423459540541_6061319073143178329_n.jpg

President of Tuscany: "I did not go to see May, I m hoping to soon host Corbyn in Florence... this afternoon I preferred not to attend Theresa May's event, to avoid the temptation of joining the british citizens who were protesting against Brexit"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

The dangerous world of optional voting in the IoT era.

Nothing is beyond stupid.

Nailed it! Populism and voting for populist parties/ people is fraught with danger. Germany knows this. This is why national refernda are banned there.

All those TV shows on TV in the UK, 'Tha Nazi's; A Warning from History' and the Brits learn nothing from them.

1 hour ago, Sad555 said:

No were out,were out ,were out,the majority voted out and were out the ongoing discussions are just cutting the ties but so many just can't accept it.

ROFL

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/credit-rating-brexit-uk-downgraded-latest-news-theresa-may-aa2-moodys-a7962532.html

UK credit rating downgraded due to Brexit uncertainty

Moody's agency said it is "no longer confident that the UK government will be able to secure a replacement free trade agreement with the EU which substantially mitigates the negative economic impact of Brexit".   The UK's credit rating has been downgraded by Moody's Investor Service because of economic uncertainty surrounding Brexit.  The downgrade came just hours after a major speech by Theresa May in which she had hoped would clarify the UK's position on Brexit.  Moody's also said an easing of austerity was behind its decision to lower the UK's rating.  The news will come as a huge blow to Ms May just hours after her speech in Florence, Italy, in which she confirmed that Britain will leave the European single market but offered little clarity on plans for an alternative economic relationship.  In response, Moody's warned of "uncertainty for businesses" and said the current plans for Brexit will cause the "erosion of the UK's medium-term economic strength".  In a damning assessment of the Government's negotiating strategy to date, analysts said:

"Moody's is no longer confident that the UK government will be able to secure a replacement free trade agreement with the EU which substantially mitigates the negative economic impact of Brexit.  "While the government seeks a 'deep and comprehensive free trade agreement' with the EU, even such a best-case scenario would not award the same access to the EU Single Market that the UK currently enjoys.  "It would likely impose additional costs, raise the regulatory and administrative burden on UK businesses and put at risk the close-knit supply chains that link the UK and the EU."

The great unwashed!!! I think remainers have called kippers a few things but not unwashed

Anyway, what's he complaining about? 2 more years he gets a fortune for being rude to people swanning about, all expenses paid.

Just remembered where I have seen him before:

2.jpg.96cb0480451038b7a57c7691798d2932.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.76c66e84c1bdb48b2ef88624917cf0c7.jpg

• Like 1