EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

Why would they. Because they can Licencing through another country takes time and could reduce the quality standards.
Business' can and have voluntarily stopped selling to markets when it's in the interests of that business' market. Take Lego as an example. 
We'll be OUT of the EU so we'll have zero say as to what is and isn't legal under EU trade laws.
Markets protect their customers. The EU will protect its customers first. 

• Haha 2

Of course Lee, a market of millions and business will no longer sell beer to them. Maybe you've had a few too many and your reasons sound sensible to yourself but you're the only one it makes sense to. 

Yes, ex-forces, logistics management and accountancy (commercial and practice for the last 20 years. If you want to go back further than the forces I had a paperound, farm labourer, car washing and stores in a department store. 

I know you're BT telecoms now, please let me know where your vast experience of business and markets came from. 

Edited by CWARD
Forgot I did a year driving trucks when I came out the army.

If the UK manages to implement a Trade deal with a G20 country before I draw my Customs Officer pension in 2021 I will eat my Customs Officer hat.

If they do if before I formally retire to a state pension  2028 I will eat my Customs Officer epaulettes.

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 2

After BREXIT maybe regardless of licencing Brewers will be stopped from getting away with flogging weaker p!55 poor brews.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/26/carling-is-actually-weaker-than-advertised-6880543 

Or maybe nobody will bother unless it gets pointed out to them..........except by the media and social media.

As to Lego,

the UK Housing Crisis is going to be resolved by importing cheap ship loads of Lego, from which ever country tariffs will be lowest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

To suffer hardness with good cheer,
In sternest school of warfare bred,
Our youth should learn; let steed and spear
Make him one day the Parthian's dread;
Cold skies, keen perils, brace his life.
Methinks I see from rampired town
Some battling tyrant's matron wife,
Some maiden, look in terror down,—
“Ah, my dear lord, untrain'd in war!
O tempt not the infuriate mood
Of that fell lion I see! from far
He plunges through a tide of blood!“
What joy, for fatherland to die!
Death's darts e'en flying feet o'ertake,
Nor spare a recreant chivalry,
A back that cowers, or loins that quake.
True Virtue never knows defeat:
Her robes she keeps unsullied still,
Nor takes, nor quits, her curule seat
To please a people's veering will.
True Virtue opens heaven to worth:
She makes the way she does not find:
The vulgar crowd, the humid earth,
Her soaring pinion leaves behind.
Seal'd lips have blessings sure to come:
Who drags Eleusis' rite today,
That man shall never share my home,
Or join my voyage: roofs give way
And boats are wreck'd: true men and thieves
Neglected Justice oft confounds:.............................................

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

Just out of interest what sort of profile is that?

The one that teaches people to obey orders without questioning them. Standard military practice for foot soldiers.
No use having a soldier who questions his orders going into combat, is it?
You think that way of thinking simply leaves a soldier when he's demobbed? 

2 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

The one that teaches people to obey orders without questioning them. Standard military practice for foot soldiers.
No use having a soldier who questions his orders going into combat, is it?
You think that way of thinking simply leaves a soldier when he's demobbed? 

You really are an idiot

Just about everything stated out of your ignorance and norrow minded attitude.

If what you had said in the previous post was in any way correct, I would never question leaving the EU or any if the bull**** you've posted. Instead I've questioned and relied on the facts unlike the rubbish you have posted. 

Only once  you've given up on trying defend ridiculous statements that you've made do you try posting rubbish like that.  

Thank you for your insights of service in the forces and life there after, as ignorant and deluded as it is. 

1 minute ago, CWARD said:

Just about everything stated out of your ignorance and norrow minded attitude.

If what you had said in the previous post was in any way correct, I would never question leaving the EU or any if the bull**** you've posted. Instead I've questioned and relied on the facts unlike the rubbish you have posted. 

Only once  you've given up on trying defend ridiculous statements that you've made do you try posting rubbish like that.  

Thank you for your insights of service in the forces and life there after, as ignorant and deluded as it is. 

I see your cage is rattled. What rubbish have I posted and what facts (lol) have you posted.
I've seen it everywhere, you leavers are scared, you're afraid. You know that Brexit will be a cataclismic failure but you still cling on to the vain hope.
Honestly. Just accept it. Brexit's fooked. Leavers fooked the country and those that voted leave are the real traitors and saboteurs who beleived the crap.
People like me are the patriots of the UK. Not you.
Get over it.
You tanked the country because you believed  a lot of lies.

The last load of rubbish you spouted was about beer licences and we might not have any after the EU :D

Democracy both sides had the their say, the people voted and so did parliament. 

A real traitor just hands over their sovereignty to a federal state without question, just doing as they're told.  Think you we're saying something about that earlier. 

Good night

8 minutes ago, CWARD said:

A real traitor just hands over their sovereignty to a federal state without question, just doing as they're told.  

So you'll be opposing TM's bill then will you? 
I know I will. 

Good grief - I leave you with nice pictures of cute cats and dogs, go out for one evening and it all kicks off!

The only serious beer problem I see is that my cupboard full of Belgium beer is going to reduce in bottles year on year after we leave. As it is, it has been increasing year on year. Going to have to go over quite a few times in the next few months to keep it topped up.

BELGIUM BEER guys - this is a reason to stay in the EU above ALL other reasons!!!!!!!

belgian-beer2.jpg.5f871e0c286f35f39ad398b4bb7f854e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, S00perb said:

Good grief - I leave you with nice pictures of cute cats and dogs, go out for one evening and it all kicks off!

The only serious beer problem I see is that my cupboard full of Belgium beer is going to reduce in bottles year on year after we leave. As it is, it has been increasing year on year. Going to have to go over quite a few times in the next few months to keep it topped up.

BELGIUM BEER guys - this is a reason to stay in the EU above ALL other reasons!!!!!!!

Excise duties are a national tax and it is illegal to bring in large quantities, above the Minimum Indicative Levels anyways even as we have been inside the EU.

I have seized several vehicles, as they are liable to seizure as well as the alcohol itself,  for doing booze runs within the EU.

Sadly when outside the EU those limits for beer will go from 110 litres to 16 litres, boo hoo.

Mind you 16 litres of Tripel might be plenty.   

220px-Westmalle_Tripel_in_a_glass.jpg 

Edited by lol-lol

From all of the posts and media articles it looks likely that when the UK leaves the EU we:

Won't Be able to fly from the UK to the EU

Won't be able to drink beer from the EU

Won't be able to afford to go abroad for our holidays

Won't be able to afford imported cars from the EU

Won't be allowed to export anything to the UK

If we are rich enough to travel to an EU country then there will be a 3 day queue at Dover, when on the continent you'll be locked up for speaking English.

The Red Cross will parachute food parcels in once a week

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

Excise duties are a national tax and it is illegal to bring in large quantities, above the Minimum Indicative Levels anyways even as we have been inside the EU.

I have seized several vehicles, as they are liable to seizure as well as the alcohol itself,  for doing booze runs within the EU.

Sadly when outside the EU those limits for beer will go from 110 litres to 16 litres, boo hoo.

Mind you 16 litres of Tripel might be plenty.   

220px-Westmalle_Tripel_in_a_glass.jpg 

Customs loves quoting the Minimum Indicative Levels as some kind of stick - I take it they are the same as in this article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2163550.stm

Forget the Westmalle - buy the Westvleteren 12 - an aged bottle (just a few years) is worth hundreds in the US (obviously mine are all for personal use officer)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westvleteren-XII-Trappist-Westvletern-12-/222241578270?hash=item33bea15d1e:g:JbsAAOSwMtxXvJOS

Untitled.thumb.png.6ec31c593b266cc4db9871dfc2bc7fb1.png

What would my legal status be if I sold the empty bottles after drinking the contents? They are still worth more then purchasing them full:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belgian-Westvleteren-XII-Westy-12-Trappist-Beer-Bottle-EMPTY-With-CAP-TOP-/222633649124?hash=item33d5ffe3e4:g:T5AAAOSwtYxZgfuj

So IF we ever leave the EU and I have paid full UK tax on 330 bottles each time I have been over - can I then sell them legally to nutty yanks? If so that is $2400 per trip!!

Edited by S00perb

2 hours ago, moley said:

From all of the posts and media articles it looks likely that when the UK leaves the EU we:

Won't Be able to fly from the UK to the EU

Won't be able to drink beer from the EU

Won't be able to afford to go abroad for our holidays

Won't be able to afford imported cars from the EU

Won't be allowed to export anything to the UK

If we are rich enough to travel to an EU country then there will be a 3 day queue at Dover, when on the continent you'll be locked up for speaking English.

The Red Cross will parachute food parcels in once a week

No, No.

It is not a case of "won't" it is a case of less:-

• Less flights due to EU slot access and economic downturn that is occurring in the UK relative to the EU
  • no customs duty on beer but the travel allowance would be much less ie 16 litres instead of 110 litres
  • It is already 30% more expensive than two years ago to go to Euro countries.  I saw more Irish in Spain than Brits mainly due to RoE and UK economy
  • Cars would have 10% more import added cost if we reciprocate to the duty EU charging on our cars so you can pay more or choice a cheaper model
  • Dover is an industry worry as is Calais so there would be ways round in ie other channel ports or fly, more cost.
  • What can I say

The degree of being poorer is probably only a few percent, as BoE, my old firm PwC and others have said.   Some are happy to pay this for the illusion of immigration control despite the historic data showing Cons let in a million non-EU citizens since 2010, the damage it is and will do to our NHS, R&D etc. 

Edited by lol-lol