xenon lights whilst cornering ? can they move .........

The option does work though, it’s only designed to work in Auto mode. It doesn’t work how you would like it, but it does work.

The wiper self park can be coded via VCDS or OBDEleven and the instructions are on the main coding thread on this forum.

I’m not sure how you may go about making the AFS system work in the On position rather than Auto, but if the dealer can’t do it, you’re best finding someone local with VCDS to help you. They’ll be able to do the wiper self park while they are at it.

1 hour ago, nitro2 said:

it is not acceptable that as a client  you pay for an option that doesn't work ....................

i never use "auto" nor "highbeam automatic"  , so wasted money ......................

i also payed for "sleepmode" on my wipers so they retrack invisible just under the edge of the frontscreen , this option only works when you drive !! .when you stop the engine they stop wherever they are at that moment ...........................

again wasted money there ,

dealer can't make it work either .

skoda makes lot of promises but can not forfill them towards a client .

if someone on the forum knows the way , please let me know.

It does work though. Just not the way you want it to. 

Having the function only work in auto allows people who don’t want to use the cornering function to opt out of using it. 

• Like 2

even my dealer did not know it only worked in "auto"  , as he did not know the wiper function did not work when you shut off the engine ( he assumed like me that they would go into "hiding" at that moment instead of stopping in the middle of the screen  ).

That’s down to the dealer, not Skoda. It’s written in the brochure that the AFS only works in Auto. Smacks of a dealer that doesn’t have a clue. The car can be coded to self park the wipers. Check the main VCDS coding thread, the instructions are in there somewhere. 

Set the lights, climate control and wipers to auto - It will work just the way it supposed to.

Do you have automatic transmission? Will you put that in manual and complaining that it doesnt shift gears? 

When you stop the car, do you put the gearbox in park or use the handbrake? Or do you just leave the car and complaining about it ran into a tree?

Its the same with the wipers - turn it off before you turn off the engine.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 21:52, norsko said:

Set the lights, climate control and wipers to auto - It will work just the way it supposed to.

Do you have automatic transmission? Will you put that in manual and complaining that it doesnt shift gears? 

When you stop the car, do you put the gearbox in park or use the handbrake? Or do you just leave the car and complaining about it ran into a tree?

Its the same with the wipers - turn it off before you turn off the engine.

wipers are supposed to go into hiding when you switch of the engine , 40 years ago they did , so i can not accept this skoda solution specially since i payed for this option .

but as said it is one of dozens of annoyances with this brand of cars ....................

Edited by nitro2

From what I’ve seen, cars that have wipers which park when the ignition is turned off are the minority. There are far more expensive cars in my street than mine and I have seen them with wipers mid wipe and parked up. 

Edit: How are you figuring that you paid for the wiper park option? It’s not an option to select when purchasing, so how can you pick it?

Edited by SC03OTT

6 hours ago, nitro2 said:

wipers are supposed to go into hiding when you switch of the engine , 40 years ago they did , so i can not accept this skoda solution specially since i payed for this option .

but as said it is one of dozens of annoyances with this brand of cars ....................

Just curious; which cars had this 40 years ago? It was not cheap cars like Skoda? 

After 32 years of driving and has own a lot of different cars (Audi, Ford, Citroen, Opel, Mercedes, Volvo, Cadillac, Fiat, Nissan), and none of them parked the wipers after switching of ignition.

Maybe Jaguar, Bentley or Rolls Royce has this?

1 minute ago, norsko said:

Just curious; which cars had this 40 years ago? It was not cheap cars like Skoda? 

After 32 years of driving and has own a lot of different cars (Audi, Ford, Citroen, Opel, Mercedes, Volvo, Cadillac, Fiat, Nissan), and none of them parked the wipers after switching of ignition.

Maybe Jaguar, Bentley or Rolls Royce has this?

Austin Montego...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Austin Montego...

Yep it was quite common. No need for ECU or electronics just a limit switch and diode in the wiper motor assembley back then. :)

Lee

1 hour ago, logiclee said:

Yep it was quite common. No need for ECU or electronics just a limit switch and diode in the wiper motor assembley back then. :)

None of my cars from 40 years ago auto parked their wipers, they just stopped where they were.

Maybe nobody told Lucas how simple it would have been... or maybe BL were too cheapskate to pay the extra 1d for the diode?

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:50, logiclee said:

Lee

Ah, nostalgia !!

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:50, logiclee said:

Lee

3 hours ago, ords said:

Ah, nostalgia !!

Not even that complex - just connect the Park Cam Switch + to a Permanent B+ Supply.

All the Construction and Materials Handling Equipment I ever developed had this feature and people thought it was witchcraft.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2016 at 09:35, nitro2 said:

Hi forum ,

i have been watching the beam behaviour and indeed when on "auto " and with the afs activated there is some slight movement noticable ( certainly not what i was expecting from adaptive headlight movement )  .

Next question will be  ,

Has anyone tried to get this function whilst in "on" mode ??

does vcds has possibilities for that ??

nitro2

How is afs activated is it auto or in the infotainment?

So does having the lights in "auto" change the travel setting mode, because the manual says "travel mode
If the travel mode is activated, there is no automatic cone of light adaptation
in front of the vehicle". My travel mode stays in the left hand traffic mode and cant be changes. I have seen no evidence of the lights moving as I drive.

27 minutes ago, stanian said:

So does having the lights in "auto" change the travel setting mode, because the manual says "travel mode
If the travel mode is activated, there is no automatic cone of light adaptation
in front of the vehicle". My travel mode stays in the left hand traffic mode and cant be changes. I have seen no evidence of the lights moving as I drive.

It is automatic when you have nav, or a setting in the infotainment when you don't :)  I find it hard to track the beam moving up and down and light spread moving, but it’s definitely visible round corners etc.

On ‎4‎-‎5‎-‎2018 at 14:06, KevC_Derby said:

Not even that complex - just connect the Park Cam Switch + to a Permanent B+ Supply.

All the Construction and Materials Handling Equipment I ever developed had this feature and people thought it was witchcraft.

Indeed , several Renaults , BL and  Citroens i drove then had this function as standard .

i know how to do it on the wiper motor , mostly i combined it with an external interval , which was often optional in those days.

anyway , thank you all for the reactions to my wiper question .

It is working !!  , simple adaptation did the trick ( and my dealer still wonders how it is done !! they use odis  ) .