Back to work blues.

VRS Mike

Anyone else not looking forward to returning to work?

I was struggling to sleep last night so was thinking of ways to avoid work. Didn't manage to come up with anything plausible so am now stuck in the office and it's like I've never been off lol.

there were times during the festive period, I will admit, where I thought fondly of being in the office rather than resolving whatever greivance my kids had with each other at that point in time.

I'm glad to *be* in the office again, but not really keen to work

• Like 1

I'm not looking forward to my first 12 shift back tomorrow.That's after 3 weeks shut down i tried to get up early this morning 0830pm I woke and felt so tired. 0540am tomorrow.

Edited by firefox2

I'm just glad it's all over.

Fitted a pair of basin taps today at my sons house, did two rubbish tip trips, posted all my ebay sold items :clap:

Four hours later, feet up relax and finish off the two mince pies we have left and a cuppa.

Back to normality, I'm retired, looking for my next job around the house.

• Like 2

Back to the HealthCentre at zero dark hundred hours this morning, but at least I only do three days a week. And most of the plant was still working! Result.

Was a bit of a rubbish day this side. Boss set a random target of 8 cases each.... computers then decided to run slow.
Parents rang up to say their mac has broken.... read dad has installed something random and of questionable provenance in a total internet click fest.
Then he boss calls me in to tell me I don't qualify for the company paternity scheme which kicks in after 26 weeks..... because I will have worked there for 25 weeks and five days. The two days barring me are Saturday and Sunday, which the office is shut. But the law is the law.

Edited by Gwilo

I was off from the 16th December then back in on the 28th for three days then back in today. I'm another one who was gagging to get back in. Any more time off and my liver would have imploded :beer: :D

• Like 1

Im back tomorrow..

my time off was spent -

Toddler sitimg the nearly 2yr old.

organising a surprise trip for the MIL for the FIL(as in he taking her away on holiday to Switzerland) for Christmas which she has decided she doesnt want to go on..

Ripped 2 fitted wardrobes and floors out of 2 small bedrooms. Refloored one room.

Reconfigured one wardrobe to fit elsewhere in the room (better layout/use of space) put that in today.

Fitted a new blind in the living room.

Finally Replaced the kitchen radiator due to a leak a proper running temp.. been looking at new rad since September

Fitted the new rad in the dnstairs WC.. been looking at it since August.

reorganised 30% of the carp in the attic to use the space better - still a tip!

Cleaned out 25% of the shed.

Still havnt washed the car!

Edited by mac11irl

Was a bit of a rubbish day this side. Boss set a random target of 8 cases each.... computers then decided to run slow.

Parents rang up to say their mac has broken.... read dad has installed something random and of questionable provenance in a total internet click fest.

Then he boss calls me in to tell me I don't qualify for the company paternity scheme which kicks in after 26 weeks..... because I will have worked there for 25 weeks and five days. The two days barring me are Saturday and Sunday, which the office is shut. But the law is the law.

You get the fuel, I'll bring the matches.

Just a point Gwilo - the rules for calculating statutory sick pay INCLUDE days where you would not normally work (IE. Saturday, Sunday, Ect) It may be that this is also the case for paternity leave. Check the Government website.

this week feels worse than last hahahahaha

That's because every bugger is back and the traffic is back up to normal.

Plus the cones are out of hibernation although the workies apparently arn't.

That's because every bugger is back and the traffic is back up to normal.

Plus the cones are out of hibernation although the workies apparently arn't.

yes true, and it also seems like an age before the weather improves or we have a bank holiday etc. I'm hopefully going part time soon which will help my mood, I will only have to suffer work 3 days a week

Are you referring to a specific company paternity scheme or statutory paternity leave / pay?

The time calculation for Statutory paternity pay (SPP) doesn't make reference to when your office is open, & is time specific only.

You do however have to have worked there for 26 weeks before the end of the 15th week before the end of the expected birth (so 41 weeks before the expected birth)

All the money is recoverable by the employer from HMRC (+3% compensation), but only if the criteria are met.

Just done all this for one of my staff :)

Are you referring to a specific company paternity scheme or statutory paternity leave / pay?

The time calculation for Statutory paternity pay (SPP) doesn't make reference to when your office is open, & is time specific only.

You do however have to have worked there for 26 weeks before the end of the 15th week before the end of the expected birth (so 41 weeks before the expected birth)

All the money is recoverable by the employer from HMRC (+3% compensation), but only if the criteria are met.

Just done all this for one of my staff :)

So the employer is claiming the SPP from the Government and not passing it on to the employee?

Ha ha, smooth operator.