Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

On 1/27/2017 at 13:43, SashaGrace said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121947033090?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This one :) Still working well btw, every bit as good as factory systems I've had before!

See if yours have the unusual glitch mine have, when it's night, put the setting to headlights on, quickly put your front fogs on, then off and back to auto, if done fast enough your front fog lights will be on it auto mode :D if you switch the car off on auto mode with the fog lights activated, next time you turn the car on and the autolights kick in, the fog lights will still be on, just switch back to headlights on, pop the fogs on then off and back to auto but do it slowly

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

See if yours have the unusual glitch mine have, when it's night, put the setting to headlights on, quickly put your front fogs on, then off and back to auto, if done fast enough your front fog lights will be on it auto mode :D if you switch the car off on auto mode with the fog lights activated, next time you turn the car on and the autolights kick in, the fog lights will still be on, just switch back to headlights on, pop the fogs on then off and back to auto but do it slowly

I'll have to try this haha, see if it works :) I am slightly jealous of the climate control panel as it does look nice, was one of those features I thought I'd miss but I really don't, the manual A/C is fine for now. Last 2 cars had dual zone climate control, full leather, cruise control (I do miss that occasionally but I don't do long straight road driving much anymore and it's not really a motorway car anyway) but strangely I'm still smitten with the Citigo, I'd probably even have been happy with a colour edition but as it was I ended up having my MC for the price of a colour edition so it's good all round :D

• Like 1

Just now, SashaGrace said:

I'll have to try this haha, see if it works :) I am slightly jealous of the climate control panel as it does look nice, was one of those features I thought I'd miss but I really don't, the manual A/C is fine for now. Last 2 cars had dual zone climate control, full leather, cruise control (I do miss that occasionally but I don't do long straight road driving much anymore and it's not really a motorway car anyway) but strangely I'm still smitten with the Citigo, I'd probably even have been happy with a colour edition but as it was I ended up having my MC for the price of a colour edition so it's good all round :D

Get yourself some wind deflectors, I find sometimes the car needs a full blast of hot air for a good few minutes so it's nice to be able to open the window when it's raining :thumbup:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Controversy time, I don't like them! Sorry but the look isn't for me however practical they may be :)

At the risk of sounding like exposing the fact that I am an ignorant old fart, what is the appeal of said wind deflectors (apart from the fact that almost everyone else has them)? :)

Edited by ronime
  • Like 2

Ronime - totally!

What are they for? They look terrible, cost actual money, add weight, slow you down, but apparently keep you dry if it's raining and you want to open the windows. Sorry but I thought that's why you close the window and use the fan - air conditioned or otherwise....

Unless (I suspect) tobacco features so heavily in your life that you can't let go!

15 minutes ago, PirateSyrett said:

Ronime - totally!

What are they for? They look terrible, cost actual money, add weight, slow you down, but apparently keep you dry if it's raining and you want to open the windows. Sorry but I thought that's why you close the window and use the fan - air conditioned or otherwise....

Unless (I suspect) tobacco features so heavily in your life that you can't let go!

The opposite in fact ;) you can only have the cold air on for so long if it's raining before the car mists up.. that's when being able to open the window without getting wet because useful :D 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I like to drive with the window down. Fresh(ish) air over fanned, I prefer air flowing around my neck, not into my eyes. Something about modern car design drives rain in off the screen. On the citigo it seems to fall right into the window switch on my 3dr anyway.  For all the testing I don't think anyone tests driving with the window down a touch.

The weight is minimal, there maybe a bit more aero drag, but I suspect the citigo is more brick than arrow. There was a test years ago in the USA, that did windows down v aircon on full and how it effects the mpg. There really wasn't much in it was the conclusion. 

• Like 2

If you really must have the windows open then I can understand the need for drip deflectors. In the era of "air con is standard" I don't open my windows anymore and deflectors don't stop water dropping of the edge of the roof when you open a door. It's particularly a problem if you have a decent hydrophobic coating on your paint but some manufacturers are still fitting very discrete but effective rain gutters on the roof edges, the BMW F30 springs readily to mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hyphons said:

The opposite in fact ;) you can only have the cold air on for so long if it's raining before the car mists up.. that's when being able to open the window without getting wet because useful :D 

If your car is misting up with the air con on then you need to get it looked at because it is not working as it should. This is precisely the reason that air con can and should be used all year round, not just on the random three warm days a year that we call summer in the U.K. :)

• Like 1

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it haha! They will of course be to some people's taste but I'm not a fan, I don't be deny they work (my Dad has them on the Land Rover, they work well) but there's just something about the look I can't get on with. My C30 had a set on it and they were the first things I removed after handing over the money! Didn't even wait to get home, I did on the forecourt!

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ronime said:

If your car is misting up with the air con on then you need to get it looked at because it is not working as it should. This is precisely the reason that air con can and should be used all year round, not just on the random three warm days a year that we call summer in the U.K. :)

Shock horror! What happens if you have the base spec without air con? ;) (I won't deny though I did forget that trick :D

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 2

• Administrators

:) I don't have them on my car :) Mostly down to a slight ordering error.  The great thing is we all have differences and such a wide range of views: ) I'd say it was a good thing to mention it @SashaGrace, good :) I'll keep an eye out for the car when I'm bobbin around north wales. Although I tend to be more 'beris  or south stack way.

• Like 2

I'm in the same camp regarding Wind Deflectors; always seen them as a bit ungainly and dare I say it, a bit chav?! However... if the Citigo is anything like the Octavia 3, then opening the windows if there's any standing water on the roof is a massively risky move, as it runs straight off and into the car, soaking the inside of the doors and you. Still don't think I'll stretch to buying some though :tongueout:

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hyphons said:

Shock horror! What happens if you have the base spec without air con? ;) (I won't deny though I did forget that trick :D

If you want to rice a poverty spec car to look like something it's not then wind deflectors are definitely the way to go. Don't forget to apply badly trimmed pimp tint film to your windows, but in a completely different shade of tint to the wind deflectors. :P

Edited by ronime

Actually Hyphons.....confession time....I probably achieve the same effect as you (windows, cold air versus rain, etc) by keeping our sunroof tilted open all year round, sun shine or rain and using the fan to keep my toes warm and the screen clear.

Without a sunroof I completely get where you're coming from and I'm more than a little envious of your very honest, smart little red car. I very much miss the simplicity of my red Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI but we've had to go large now we've got a family. I particularly enjoy your build thread and hope you keep up the good work!

:-)

• Like 1