KIA Stinger GT

RampantBadger

I like that.  Typical Kia though, pinching design queues from other manufacturers; bit of Alfa, Jag, Maserati.  Though if someone told me I look like Hugh Jackman I wouldn't exactly be offended :biggrin:

This, in a few years when the initial depreciation kills the first owner/pre-registering dealer, will be used car bargain!   So I'm adding it to my list of 'maybe's' (along with a Volvo V60 Polestar) 

I think really that regardless of what Topgear, EVO, Autocar, Pistonhead etc road testers & journalists or celeb journalists and others driving road cars on a parallel universe of private roads, race tracks or round their 'Ring;  think of the 370ps model,  UK drivers on UK roads and even Continental European ones will find the 8 speed auto fitted does the job just fine at 70 mph or even 140 mph.

Best thing is go drive one and make your own opinion on how they drive and behave.

Not all buyers will be Driving Gods, some will just be motorists.

Being RWD only will more than likely have UK drivers going for a 4matic / x-drive / quattro i would expect.

(reviews for UK buyers where the reviewer is driving a AWD version is a bit pointless maybe and reviews or RHD / RWD models on UK winter season roads on the OEM tyres is a good idea.)

RWD. 

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 2 weeks later...

There is one at the local Kia dealership near me. It's not a bad looking car but they have it in the most awful primer grey.

V6 will be a decent buy after 2 or 3yr when the residuals have tanked.

15 hours ago, Aspman said:

There is one at the local Kia dealership near me. It's not a bad looking car but they have it in the most awful primer grey

Looks like all dealers got 2. A red one and the primer grey. Most have the red one in the showroom and the grey one as their demo from what I've seen.

I'd like a yellow or blue one.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Looks like all dealers got 2. A red one and the primer grey. Most have the red one in the showroom and the grey one as their demo from what I've seen.

I'd like a yellow or blue one.

I do reckon, in the right shade, yellow would suit its shape alright.

I dont get the primer grey colour. Its a bit "hearing aid beige" in terms of its drabness.

Kinda colour id expect to find on (what i always reckon exists somewhere) the "Public Services" Dulux colour sample chart - only available for government funded departments such as education, health etc as schools and hospitals are the only places youll ever see those colours..  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Doesn't look like it's even been out for a test recently.

Quick scan on autotrader show the price is about average. But still IMHO I just can't see many people dropping that sort of cash on a Korean car that isn't a big 4x4.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Aye quite a few sat on the 31k bubble.

If it drops below, may well do with a cheeky bag of cash offer, then it would be tempting.

Given a 280 superb on delivery miles is about the same... But two years less warranty, less mileage then...it begins in a funny light to look good.

Driving the bangornomics v50t5 around I'm getting used to sub 30mpg.

Said if I use that for six months or maybe a year then the enext one will be a 300+.

Then it's time to settle in with the event crowds from 2020.

Jag I pace thing is 400ish hp but 2tonnes...

• Like 1

Aspman, if i go and ask for a road test / Italian Tune up of the brakes i think today might be a better one than on Saturday.

?

Are your tyres ready, or is the MINI getting more use this winter?

It should be fun & competent.

Edited by Offski

38 minutes ago, Offski said:

Aspman, if i go and ask for a road test / Italian Tune up of the brakes i think today might be a better one than on Saturday.

?

Are your tyres ready, or is the MINI getting more use this winter?

It should be fun & competent.

I suspect Fiskens have your picture on the wall George irrespective of the weather ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Given a 280 superb on delivery miles is about the same... But two years less warranty, less mileage then...it begins in a funny light to look good.

Jag I pace thing is 400ish hp but 2tonnes...

Could be greatest car on earth for that money but it's got the wrong badge for the niche.

• Administrators

Primer grey vrs Octavia's with options were not far off. Admittedly new, and not 30k after 12mths standing.

Problem for anything like this going forwards is running cost. 

Really was a shock going from 60mpg car to a sub 30. It was more of a shock than going from a 200hp diesel to a 60hp petrol.

But when I get out after 300miles to fill up; oddly both do same range, I'm happier out of the vovlo atm. Well until I get to the payment bit, honestly the price of a chocolate has skyrocketed.

Oh and the Stinger wants 98+ Ron. Which is circa £1.48/l here v £1.32/l for generic water.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Aspman said:

Could be greatest car on earth for that money but it's got the wrong badge for the niche.

Sure, not a Tesla or not a BMW m. Both marques have a challenge.

Tbh a V8 rover 75, sorry mg zt wasn't a great buy, but some fun to borrow.

Who knows maybe in five years time Kia do it. Break a badge mould, like Skoda did 10years ago.

Although the rear wheel drive 300+ club is pretty Germanic.

If it's comfortable isn't likely to find every ditch in Wales I'd be tempted. But 200+ is enough on open road, sort of.

In the far north ticking of Munro's I think I'd prefer the superb. But find those empty glen roads out of tourist season and not wet, something like this really does appeal. Although probably far better two thousand miles south soaking up an alpine pass.

I’m locked in to the C4P which is rediculously economical eg 50-55 mpg on cheap E10 .   For a big car it’s got me stumped at its aero efficiency.   Not being porky helps of course.

The Genesis is similarly wishful like the Stinger.