Superb MY18 news - when?

28 minutes ago, LiviuV said:

Unfortunately not, there is currently no indication of that. I asked the Skoda rep at the Geneva Motor Show about the possible availability of active info display on MY2018 and their answer was negative. I guess that it will come with the facelift. Someone was saying (I don't remember whether I read it on this forum or elsewhere) that the existing wiring harness already allows for the use of an active info display. Let's hope that it's something that can be easily retrofitted once it's available.

How about the new yeti/karoq? Fr.o.m. Week 16 Will škoda offer active info display for one of the models Said the CEO Bernhard maier last year 

26 minutes ago, Oykkh said:

How about the new yeti/karoq? Fr.o.m. Week 16 Will škoda offer active info display for one of the models Said the CEO Bernhard maier last year 

Sorry, I don't have any details about that. Week 16 is this week...

Just now, LiviuV said:

Indeed, my bad. Let's hope that it will make it's appearance at the Shanghai motor show.

Will be intresting. Do škoda have a suprise for us? The vision E they have tolv us about. My dealer Said Week 16 is Also the Week When orders Will jump to MY2018 and on Skodas website they announced that the new yeti Will be intruduced in middle of may.. 

8 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

Let's hope they introduce some new and exciting colours, especially now Red and Jungle Green have been removed. 

According to my dealer (no idea if any of those will ever be available in UK)

Corrida Red changes to Velvet Red (from week 26/17)
Jungle Green to Emerald Green (from week 12/18)

I have no pictures, but we can improvise, no?

7788094.jpg

VW%20right%20front.jpg

PS.

Style and L&K will have 3 buttons for communication (as in kodiaq), note that there is a cut out in the glasses holder already (mine is MY16) 

L&K will have an option of massage seats. In combination with ventilated leather only

L&K will have an option of ordering black ceiling (as in sportline) with black and brown leather seats.

There will be an option for in car communications (like in kodiaq), button space is already reserved in the glasses holder area :)

Columbus will become button-less and 9.2" (from week 26)

Amundsen and Bolero will be of glass design but with wheel volume controls (like in kodiaq now)

Low-end swing radio (Active) will be upgraded from 5 to 6.5" (I think old Boleros will be rebranded and reused)

3year/1year plans for connectivity (3yrs might be calculated into the cost of the car (as the map updates are), dealer has no price lists yet)

Sirius wheels will be rebranded to Acamar (probably to avoid confusion with kodiaq wheels)

L&K will come with chrome side strips (think of black strips on sportline)

oh and no sportlines confirmed for the Baltic region :) 

Edited by rytmask
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blindek said:

Week 22 is for the changes, not 26... never was 26 and probably never will be

This is true,  I got a confirmation e-mail from Skoda Ireland, that changes to Superb, ( Skoda Connect ), would take place from week 22, so any changes for the 2018 year, would all take place at this time.

So, sounds like it doesn't matter when the order is placed? 

If it is built week 22 or later the updated changes are in effect? Although one is most like to make additions of new options based on the assumption that one does not know what they are?

28 minutes ago, Trolle1977 said:

So, sounds like it doesn't matter when the order is placed? 

If it is built week 22 or later the updated changes are in effect? Although one is most like to make additions of new options based on the assumption that one does not know what they are?

Dealers should have updates of what is coming in builds from week 22 by now, and should be able to advise you, on these changes. It might also be possible to find out when your build week would be, if you placed an order now, as who knows, you might end up with a build week 21, if order was placed too soon.

14 minutes ago, jonnb said:

Dealers should have updates of what is coming in builds from week 22 by now, and should be able to advise you, on these changes. It might also be possible to find out when your build week would be, if you placed an order now, as who knows, you might end up with a build week 21, if order was placed too soon.

Order placed in last week of March to tie into date of curgent car going back.  Provisional build date of week 21! Typical!

12 hours ago, jonnb said:

In an ideal world, what you say is correct, however from experience the dealers and Skoda UK do not know what all the updates are (if in fact they know what any of them are) certainly in the UK and the configurator always seems to be lagging behind to. This comes from the experience that my brother had with an Octavia 3 and the MY 2016 changes.

Edited by Prykey

Reading between the lines in the previous threads, it appears that there will be no major visual changes to the exterior of the current Superb, with the only noticeable visual change being the square gear knobs and new buttonless multimedia system (which if I'm honest I prefer the look of the current screen with buttons). So for those of you who are yet to take delivery of a 2017 spec model then stay happy, you're still getting an up to date modern good looking car, and you won't have to keep wiping greasey fingerprint marks off your stereo everytime you adjust the volume lol :biggrin:

• Like 1

Can anynody tell me,will i get updated superb sportline (new bolero like in octavia with no real buttons,new type of dsg know etc)? Also,people at the dealership couldn't tell me for sure,but does new superb come standard with progresive steering (one that has variable steering input). It is available on the dealers website configurator (which isnt well updated) but we weren't able to find progresive steering on optional equpment papersheet? I am ordering in next few days(black sportline 190 dsg 4x4).

4 hours ago, fiki said:

Can anynody tell me,will i get updated superb sportline (new bolero like in octavia with no real buttons,new type of dsg know etc)? Also,people at the dealership couldn't tell me for sure,but does new superb come standard with progresive steering (one that has variable steering input). It is available on the dealers website configurator (which isnt well updated) but we weren't able to find progresive steering on optional equpment papersheet? I am ordering in next few days(black sportline 190 dsg 4x4).

Depends on build week of the car, if you get a MY17 or MY18. But the spec for MY18 aren't able to order yet. So if I were you, wait until the dealer can order the new model year if thats important to you. There will be same changes as you maybe read in this thread. 

I ordered Superb L&K Estate at the very beginning of April. Skoda UK called me as the new brochure has a mistake about Smart Light Assist. They also said that they have a backlog on Superb's and at least for the Estate version they will all be MY2018 if ordered Late March/Early April, so if you don't have a build date already it should be an MY2018 car, if you are in the UK at least?

Spec changes by country as well, so good idea to tell us your rough location.

I am in Balkan. We do have very good deals and delivery time is 45-90 days. It will be ordered in the next few days,so there is no way it will be here before week 22(so it is obvious i dont have a build date). Also,sorry for typing or gramatical errors. I am realy interested about this variable steering wheel,is it standard now,because there wasn't option for it on that optional equipment sheet. I'd like the new dsg knob(because current one looks like a manual) and that new head unit is looking nice,but i expect it to be too much of a fingerprint magnet,so i'm not so sure i want that(i chose bolero,because amudsen here is just bolero with added gps function and columbus is 2 grand). Also,i am interested to know can i stream google maps on bolero from my phone(as new bolero should support android auto,and i have galaxy s7)? 

Edited by fiki

3 hours ago, Feed said:

But the spec for MY18 aren't able to order yet.

MY18 spec is now available for order, in France at least. I was able to place my factory order for a MY18 Superb Sportline with the dealer yesterday. The public configurators in the different markets are not fully updated yet. While they did some cosmetic updates today the new options are not available yet. But they will come very soon. According to a message on the configurator for the Czech Republic MY18 options should be available starting from week 17 (next week).

In France can you order the 220 tsi dsg ? Strange i ve seen in Ireland also, at least that is what the configurators are showing that no matter the trim you cannot order the 220 tsi dsg... also italy the same, really strange.

17 minutes ago, Corbu33 said:

In France can you order the 220 tsi dsg ?

I confirm that it's currently not possible to order a 220 TSI in France. And I don't have any info about any change in that regards with MY18. My order is for a 280 though.

4 hours ago, fiki said:

I am realy interested about this variable steering wheel,is it standard now,because there wasn't option for it on that optional equipment sheet.

Also,i am interested to know can i stream google maps on bolero from my phone(as new bolero should support android auto,and i have galaxy s7)? 

Progressive steering is not standard, at least not in France. With MY18 there will be some changes regarding standard equipment and available options in certain markets, so I guess it's possible that it will come as standard in some places, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.

You should be able to use Android Auto with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the default Bolero infotainment system. If I'm not mistaken Android Auto / Apple Car Play / Mirrorlink come as standard.