Rear passenger air vent part number?

Colleagues, three exhuberant post football lads in the back had resulted in a broken rear passenger air vent (air outlet between the front seats, above the temp control and cigarette lighter). It pulls out, that's one piece of good ness and the light wire is simple to unclip. Also none of the broken bits fell inside. Does anyone know the part number please...or where I can find it? Any recommendations for a good source?

46 minutes ago, Wino said:

Have you looked carefully at the broken one? Part number is probably on it somewhere.

+1

the part No. will be moulded into the vent somewhere.

This actually happened to mine last week. Little 3 yr old girl kept kicking the driver seat so I moved her chair into the middle. As a result, the following morning I found the two chrome handles on the ground. With a bit of cursing and a little patience I fixed it myself. Give it a go before spending €100+ on a part

5 hours ago, Brockysuperb said:

Thanks. One side is totally broken - hinged still captive in main unit! Collection of nine pieces. Can't see the number so will refer to garage. 

I had to remove the whole unit to fix it so I'll do that again when I get to the car and get the number for you. There were were different parts numbers though, one was the whole unit and another one was the actual air vent casing which slips out of the main unit

• 1 month later...

Oh dear god, just found this. 

I couldn't find it with the search tool on here but found it via Google. 

Just broke the slider 'thing' on the rear right hand side air vent and was hoping for a cheap fix or something. 

Now I just want to cry a little. 

• 2 months later...
On 20/03/2017 at 13:21, BennyS3 said:

1490016061891922588212.jpg

Can someone be kind enough to share how this pops out?  My little ones have also knocked both sliders off the air vents and some pieces have fallen inside the unit... would like to try and fix this myself if possible.

To remove pop ash tray out then push vent unit out !

Did mine the other day but mine was an over enthusiastic valeter grrr

the bit you have there has little forks on it you need to start at the top there's two I think and more around the other ends it comes to bit quite easy really once you get the vents out you will need to retrieve the backs to the sliders from the heater pipe turn the temp sensor anti clockwise to release it

sharp tug on pipe to loosen and slowly remove so as not to loose backs of sliders

put it all back together take your time as the backs of the sliders are a pig to seat correctly patience is the key all told took  about 30 mins to complete 

easy enough if you are good with a pick set 

disconnect the wires so you can have full use of the unit you are holding

(easier to work on)

good luck 

cheers mark

Edited by Windscreenman
Forgot

Ok well I had to remove the ashtray housing, undo 4 screws and then pull off the trim for the air pipe to come out horizontally.  Low & behold the back of the slider was waiting for me at the bottom of the pipe.  Which means I have now recovered all bits in order to fix the air vents.

Many Thanks to the contributor's to this thread as you gave me the impetus to do it myself rather than take to a dealer and spend £££'s.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

6 year old boy pulled it out just by his fingers,
warranty repair were refused, dealer offered to order all the unit for €170 :(

171101.thumb.jpg.112a9731f7e27f315a3035c3b2a9742b.jpg

can't find the part which connects into

171104_175228_50p.thumb.jpg.fb012496fb133ccc8b5787e62eb651b2.jpg

left from inside

171104_174639_20p.thumb.jpg.aa923badaa52465508eb265a9434fd7e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Martinib,

Looks like you're missing a few small parts.  These have almost certainly dropped inside the unit if they are not on the floor of the car.   Unfortunately, you cannot order the smaller parts of the unit which is  why your dealer is suggesting a new unit.   Been there and tried rather frustratingly!  If you have the time & patience I would suggest you try and fix this yourself using the info posted by others in this very thread.

i have ordered €16 WiFi 3m Endoscope form Ali,
will try find missing part and solve by self

but interesting, why the same case in Russia were solved with in warranty -
the same part were disconnected by vacuum cleaner and OD replaced whole module

another question, how about safe environment?
what if some young passenger will swallow small parts which aren't mounted enough serious?

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread revival here.

Just doing a bit of tidying up and noticed one of the sliders was hanging off the left rear vent. I’ve got the slider itself and a 10mm metal clip that was hanging off it. Am I missing anything else to attempt reassembly?

• 5 months later...

Hey , sorry to bump an old thread but I've tried to replace my air vent after work as my new ones turned up ...

I've unlatched the ashtray front , disconnected the 12v socket and then I am left staring at this 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kkewSVgJFULtaNZ8A

I assume this comes out to get to the screws that @Shabbs mentiond further up 

How do I get this out with damaging anything ???