PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

While Labour has the troublesome one that maybe takes too much medication the Conservatives & Unionists have their own buffoon that seems to forget to take his.

Both of these muppets might sadly be getting paid from the public purse & have some part in negotiating, representing or voting on important matters concerning the UK for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Is she on the same medication as Tiger Woods?

Time to retire maybe, the strain seems to be getting to her.

Now cancelled all her other interviews because she is ill :wondering:

Just imagine on Friday Diane Abbott could be the Home Secretary! 

Maybe a conspiracy too far,

but i watched 'House of cards' and read the book.  Any suggestion of the Dark Arts and someone poisoning her.

Not Conservatives & Unionists obviously,

but where is Baron Peter Mandelson currently?

Breaking News!

Diane Abbott is taking a break from campaigning due to her ill health with Lyn Brown stepping in to provide indefinite cover. Of course JC has jumped to her defence rather than just state she is an incompetent, lazy idiot who can't prepare herself for interviews let alone read reports that would crucial to her role. Quite scary that she could make a miraculous recovery from her ill health after the elections if Labour win and she becomes Home Secretary. It would be even more of a miracle if she could perform her job without the incompetence shown so far. 

Meanwhile Diane Abbott heals the political rift between familes  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I guess the Russians are punting on TM.

That will probably be the next excuse that the Russians had interfered with the election and poisoned Diane Abbott as they'd seen her as a threat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Labour have my vote. If your voting tory and you're not in the top 5% then you're a fool. 

Grateful for that as I am voting Monster Raving Looney Party and therefore don't meet your "fool" classification.

39 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Labour have my vote. If your voting tory and you're not in the top 5% then you're a fool. 

28 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Well, my view on "Mayfly vs Corbyn" is "neither of the above thank you".

I'm of the same opinion as Ken that the current choice from the two main parties is crap. I would much rather give my vote to a local independent who I have much respect for. Unfortunately the coming years have some very important decision to be made in regards to Brexit and national security with the growing terrorist threat. From the two main parties I have more faith in the Tory's not to make a complete balls up of it.

A lot of my thoughts and opinions that I have expressed on this forum have been summed nicely by Lord Alan Sugar and for the first time I actually find my self not disliking him.

The recent events with Diane Abbott have confirmed everything wrong with the party at the moment. She is an intelligent person having listened to her comments in the past but she has become lazy, not preparing for interviews and not reading important reports that would be crucial to her position as shadow Home Secretary with the possibility of holding that position after the election. Even if we weren't near the end of a general election she should still have been putting in the work to be an effective opposition but instead has no respect for the voters and the Labour party. Jeremy Corbyn as leader should have ensured the best person for the job was in that position and were putting the work in but instead made excuse after excuse. That is not the person to lead this country.

I would agree again with Lord Sugar in that David Miliband would have been a much better leader but also Andy Burnham. We would have a strong Labour now instead of the current shambles more concerned with their own ambitions, thinking of the few rather than the many.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

What a scary thought of the next 5 years of Conservatives & Unionists in charge of the UK,

but even scarier a Coalition with Corbyn propped up with the SNP, Liberals and whoever.

But George based on your posts there can be no outcome you would actually like. 

David Miliband is where he does really really well trousering millions in charge of a Humanitarian Charity.

I can not believe that some of the MP's that were elected just 2 years ago will get punted tomorrow and be offski with some lovely kelly as they lost their job.

Trundlenut, correct there could be no outcome i would actually like. but my post was about a scary outcome.

Truck on now...

Edited by Awayoffski

38 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

But George based on your posts there can be no outcome you would actually like. 

George won't be happy until all politicians are on a zero hours contract with their expenses withdrawn and put onto a performance related workplan.

TBH that's not a bad idea :D

Derren Brown- AKA Lee01,

Actually i would be happy for them to be paid a fair wage for a fair working week and cut out the nonsense of 2nd, 3rd 4th jobs & directorships and various other little perks.  Proper Expenses for expenses incurred, and staff employed by the office of the MP after advertising the positions.

Serve a max 3 terms in a row if elected, & then have to stand down at the 4th term, & retire at the age which is the retiral age.

Get this Peerage nonsense sorted out where someone well paid from the public purse to do a job for as a Adviser, 

Press Officer, then gets these titles because a Prime Minister wants to give an extra perk as they scoot off to bigger and better things.

Edited by Awayoffski

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Labour have my vote. If your voting tory and you're not in the top 50% then you're a fool. 

Corrected that for you.

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

I'm of the same opinion as Ken that the current choice from the two main parties is crap. I would much rather give my vote to a local independent who I have much respect for. Unfortunately the coming years have some very important decision to be made in regards to Brexit and national security with the growing terrorist threat. From the two main parties I have more faith in the Tory's not to make a complete balls up of it.

A lot of my thoughts and opinions that I have expressed on this forum have been summed nicely by Lord Alan Sugar and for the first time I actually find my self not disliking him.

The recent events with Diane Abbott have confirmed everything wrong with the party at the moment. She is an intelligent person having listened to her comments in the past but she has become lazy, not preparing for interviews and not reading important reports that would be crucial to her position as shadow Home Secretary with the possibility of holding that position after the election. Even if we weren't near the end of a general election she should still have been putting in the work to be an effective opposition but instead has no respect for the voters and the Labour party. Jeremy Corbyn as leader should have ensured the best person for the job was in that position and were putting the work in but instead made excuse after excuse. That is not the person to lead this country.

I would agree again with Lord Sugar in that David Miliband would have been a much better leader but also Andy Burnham. We would have a strong Labour now instead of the current shambles more concerned with their own ambitions, thinking of the few rather than the many.   

Typically I would be lib dem, however for the same reasons above labour are a bad choice given what we face and Corbyns personal views v what he's saying to try to win votes. 

Brexit sealed Labours fate, Corbyn nailed the coffin shut 

• Like 1

As a slightly more serious and detailed answer based on what's plausible.... 

Firstly, I really want the Lib Dems to regain a decent number of seats as they were treated very harshly last time round and I like a lot of their policies. No UKIP would be great, some variety in Scotland & Wales (I'd possibly vote Plaid if they ever spread across the border) , and a few Greens too please.

Secondly, I think I'd actually quite like to see Labour as the largest party, but them having to work with others either as a coalition, or working together as a less formal arrangement. The idea that a single party is right on every issue is plainly nonsense, and power sharing would help to tame some of JC's more "out there" ideas as well as allowing them to incorporate other opinions too. Other countries get along just fine with coalition governments, and it there were some positive signs from when we tried it too.

• Like 2

Corbyn's promise that Labours' tax increases will only affect the top 5% is misleading. 

Also in the manifesto is the reduction of the inheritance tax threshold to £325,000 and increasing insurance premium tax from 12% to 20%. What he hasn't told us is what else might have VAT added to them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moley said:

If your voting tory and you're not in the top 50% then you're a fool.

Corrected that for you.

There are "only" 5m higher rate tax payers although any family/household with an person over £45K would of course back the Cons with their stated promise to continue to raise the starting point of higher to £50K by 2020 ie to raise it by all most £2K a year giving an extra an £335  a year to them whilst the starting rate for basic taxation is only looking like rising by the equivalent of getting £100 a year so I would a have thought the cutoff point is more like only the top quarter to a third benefiting for the Con income tax threshold changes.

Hard BREXIT will provide tens of billions of extra taxation collection for Cons but hit consumers hard with inflation and a wage rises look unlikely to keep pace.  Import businesses margins sqeezed or obliterated, exporter should continue to do well with low GBP/Euro/USD rate of exchange.       

Edited by lol-lol

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

...although any family/household with an person over £45K would of course back the Cons ...      

Really???   you can mind read that well can you???   and know that ALL people vote on the basis of tax???

You really do come across as opinionated and delusional at times in your posts (bearing in mind I have no idea whether you really are those things...)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Bizarrely, if JC was not supported by the folks he is, he'd be more appealing. As a 'character' his past stands up and like Cleggzilla is marred by timing and events.

I half hoped wit hthe upsets of recent years that this snap election, might, might just elicit a change in dialog, but no it's all streams of wish washy BS. If I was closer to not giving a flying pig, I'm even closer now. 

I'm not voting for JC or TM. I'm not convinced any other vote is actually going to count, but as this isn't a dictatorship yet, I'll cast a vote. 

We've got till this evening to live in a free society. Tomorrow, it's a new world... forget the past, it's passed. 

Hug the ones you love. Live today, not tomorrow. Tomorrow there is no help. What there is find as comfort and reward. 

I for one will not be watching the 'results'...

There is a moment -Dr.Mann

Do yourselves a favour, watch interstellar, or some other epic story! Then go out tomorrow and do.

The results however, no, not worth waiting for...

• Like 2