Modifying Your Fabia MK III

10 minutes ago, gemballa said:

Cheers mate :) for 500 bhp deffo need bigger brakes, even bigger than 310mm with calipers with one piston, I would chase some 4 pistons brembo :)

I'll have to see how i get on with it haha, they're a bit on the expensive side! Do you know if they do upgrades for the rears too?

32 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I'll have to see how i get on with it haha, they're a bit on the expensive side! Do you know if they do upgrades for the rears too?

My wife's fabia estate with 1.2 tsi came with 288mm fronts and 230mm rears as standard. When stopping feel confident in front and maybe need a little more in the back. So I'm leaving fronts standard and will look for upgrading the rears. I guess finding second hand rear brakes from polo wrc is tough. I'm ugrading brakes on my Audi S4 with brembo calipers, but that's different job :)

14 minutes ago, gemballa said:

My wife's fabia estate with 1.2 tsi came with 288mm fronts and 230mm rears as standard. When stopping feel confident in front and maybe need a little more in the back. So I'm leaving fronts standard and will look for upgrading the rears. I guess finding second hand rear brakes from polo wrc is tough. I'm ugrading brakes on my Audi S4 with brembo calipers, but that's different job :)

Have a look at the part numbers i put in that other post, i found some rear calipers on some website, tad on the expensive side for just a caliper, but they're red (matches my gti front ones) and theyre brand new components, so probably worth it.

This guy changed from drums to 254mm rears on his polo;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=67705&start=225

Edited by FabiaGonzales
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Have you ordered them from AutoDoc by any chance? Usually takes 2 weeks before I receive anything from them. Do you also plan on swapping the springs by yourself or having it done by a garage?

An update on my parcels wherabouts! Whoo! It might actually arrive sometime this year!

image.png.c6115feb81702c498c5748dbdb48a6ff.png

1 hour ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Have a look at the part numbers i put in that other post, i found some rear calipers on some website, tad on the expensive side for just a caliper, but they're red (matches my gti front ones) and theyre brand new components, so probably worth it.

This guy changed from drums to 254mm rears on his polo;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=67705&start=225

The rear calipers are quite cheap, but cant find info for the carriers. Also will need dust shields

Just now, gemballa said:

The rear calipers are quite cheap, but cant find info for the carriers. Also will need dust shields

My second post on that thread got some better info regarding the carriers, but i the part number for those calipers on that aren't painted, not a huge deal to paint them myself anyway.

While i was looking for the front brakes, i could only find new calipers, without carriers, and new carriers, without calipers, they were all quite expensive for what they are. Got a good deal on my set I think :D

It seems anyone selling second hand usually sells the lot together, so probably worth watching ebay and the likes.

As for going with brembo front/rears, it'd almost be easier to get some 5x112 hub/bearings from a golf or octavia or something, as they have much better options available for big brake kits, 5x100 doesn't offer much in that area, unfortunately.

Are the dust shields necessary? Like are they required? I'm thinking about just skipping them altogether, front and back.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

An update on my parcels wherabouts! Whoo! It might actually arrive sometime this year!

image.png.c6115feb81702c498c5748dbdb48a6ff.png

That’s good news! The actual shipping is usually very fast with GLS but the package arriving at their facility is what always takes the longest 

The exhaust off the Polo gti 1.8t 6c is a straight swap it doesnt sound much louder but that may be due to all the sound deadening. Thinking about a res/center silencer delete.

the bumper needed dremaling to fit and an extra hanger is required part number below

20200421_191048.thumb.jpg.75a3cb54c59f2158f694c5133451ccc5.jpg 

Parts needed

6C0 253 409 A centre silencer   1
6C6 253 609 P rear silencer   1
1K0 253 141 M dual clip 55X95 1
6Q0 253 144 B bracket   1
N  0195269 hex collared bolt M8X22 2
6R0 253 825 trim for exhaust tail pipe   2
Edited by cm9876
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cm9876 said:

uc?export=download&id=1N3ByOQ3Cq337F6Sbv

Your springs look like they've settled a little? Could you get us another pic of the front as they are now?

Looks like without the MC bumper the exhausts would look rather out of place, good to know polo exhausts fit though!

2 hours ago, cm9876 said:

I know I've been thinking about it. Any recommendations?

I'm currently running 15mm on all four wheels and the front ones look spot on. Would recommend getting 20/25mm for the rear though since there's still a bit of a gap.

11 minutes ago, jordi_24 said:

I'm currently running 15mm on all four wheels and the front ones look spot on. Would recommend getting 20/25mm for the rear though since there's still a bit of a gap.

Can you post some pics so we can see? I also want some spacers but don’t know which to get 

1 minute ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Can you post some pics so we can see? I also want some spacers but don’t know which to get 

I got them new from ebay: https://www.ebay.es/itm/15mm-VW-AUDI-5x100-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-57-1-bore-10x-RADIUS-Bolts-UK-Made/121932948245?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Point Blur_Mar022020_215150.jpg

Point Blur_Mar192020_104729.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jordi_24 said:

Looks good! What suspension setup are you currently running?

5 minutes ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Thanks!! I'm running H&R lowering springs, -30mm at the front and -35mm at the rear

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Note those look like aftermarket wheels (are they? @jordi_24), on stock wheels spacers may have a different effect due to offsets.

With stock 16/17 wheels, 8mm front and 16mm rear looks good and still allows the wheel to tuck into the arch and not rub if you bottom it out. That's as much as i want to go, i don't wanna mess up the steering and suspension geometry.

Just now, FabiaGonzales said:

Note those look like aftermarket wheels (are they? @jordi_24), on stock wheels spacers may have a different effect due to offsets.

With stock 16/17 wheels, 8mm front and 16mm rear looks good and still allows the wheel to tuck into the arch and not rub if you bottom it out. That's as much as i want to go, i don't wanna mess up the steering and suspension geometry.

Actually no, they are the Torino wheels from Skoda in a 17" setup. They where offered optional.

18 minutes ago, jordi_24 said:

Actually no, they are the Torino wheels from Skoda in a 17" setup. They where offered optional.

Ah i thought they were aftermarket because there was no skoda center cap, but now i notice you've debadged the rear end too lol

How are they for clearance under the arches?

What exhaust is that btw?

• Like 1

Just now, FabiaGonzales said:

Ah i thought they were aftermarket because there was no skoda center cap, but now i notice you've debadged the rear end too lol

How are they for clearance under the arches?

What exhaust is that btw?

The center caps are painted in black, that's why it seems there aren't any. I haven't had any clearing issues with this setup yet, the only part that sometimes scrape a bit are the mudgards. And the exhaust was custom made by a classmate and myself, it's a muffler delete with a cutout on the bumber to fit an Iepower tip, although I would like a cat-back setup to gain more sound:)