Modifying Your Fabia MK III

Hello everyone and good morning,

im thinking to put my front brakes in the back since i’m going to race open class and i’m installing a 4pot APracing brake kit, you think is going to work with custom brackets? Although i’m going to lose my handbrake or make it hydraulic im confused to this point...

On 23/05/2017 at 12:31, Lemto said:

Hello everyone, 

I decided to create this topic so that like-minded people can discuss and/or ask questions in regards to modifying an MK III Skoda Fabia. I'm assuming there are probably other topics out there, but I haven't seen any specifically for this area. 

I'm going to start this off by asking is anyone aware of a good set of reasonably priced coilovers that fit the MK III Skoda Fabia? The only ones I've found are EIBACH Pro Street S Coilovers coming in at £830.75. 

I really hope people use this topic to ask any questions or to discuss any queries they have with other like-minded people.

Let's get modifying!

DISCLAIMER: I recommend any modifications discussed on this topic are installed/carried out by a competent mechanic and I must make it clear that most modifications will void any warranty you may have on your SKODA. 

Hi I've got some mk2 side skirts for sale on Ebay 184313803172 if there any good to you ?

20200601_160139.jpg

Just now, Jweb said:

Hi I've got some mk3 side skirts for sale on Ebay 184313803172 if there any good to you ?

20200601_160139.jpg

Hi hope ur all keeping safe, I just spent 3 days reading this forum and was wondering what are the reviews like for the race chip long term?

I have a Fabia MC 1.0TSI 110

9 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

@xensnow whats your interior like? Have you stripped the interior?

Hey everyone, sorry i was away for a few days , i had some issues with the car in the track the past days but now i managed to make it work again, the car is a race car for our local national championship, roll cage and coilovers but stock brakes but upgrade pads and lines , power 150bhp for now, not downpipe just a free flow back exhaust, a small video, what would you like to know ?

37 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

@xensnow Thats pretty awesome 👌

What front seat are you running? I'm trying to improve the driving position and would like to sit lower in the car...

I have the OMP-HTE-ONE i have it from my father's evo as a spare, but im going to change the coilovers to KW competition 2way  and maybe the turbo but im thining about it.

48 minutes ago, xensnow said:

I have the OMP-HTE-ONE i have it from my father's evo as a spare, but im going to change the coilovers to KW competition 2way  and maybe the turbo but im thining about it.

Very cool! 👍 

What was it like to make the seat fit? Is it like a bolt on job or is there a lot of fabrication? Can't seem to find any info on upgraded seats for the MK3 Fabia...

Coilovers would absolutely be worth it considering its a track car, and here in the UK there is already a 1.2 TSI 90 (Ibiza) running circa 180bhp with a hybrid turbo from a 1.4! It will be a proper race car then!

12 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

Very cool! 👍 

What was it like to make the seat fit? Is it like a bolt on job or is there a lot of fabrication? Can't seem to find any info on upgraded seats for the MK3 Fabia...

Coilovers would absolutely be worth it considering its a track car, and here in the UK there is already a 1.2 TSI 90 (Ibiza) running circa 180bhp with a hybrid turbo from a 1.4! It will be a proper race car then!

From the AUDI A1 or IBIZA 6j you can fit everything !!! It’s not the best track car considering the 1.2 engine, and i have some reliability issues with the chain of the engine block (knocking sounds) so i might have to sell it !!! 

4 hours ago, xensnow said:

From the AUDI A1 or IBIZA 6j you can fit everything !!! It’s not the best track car considering the 1.2 engine, and i have some reliability issues with the chain of the engine block (knocking sounds) so i might have to sell it !!! 

Thank you 😎

I won't be using mine as a track car... It's more of a fun road car to throw around 😁

The chain? I thought the EA211 was a belt driven and not chain? 

15 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

Thank you 😎

I won't be using mine as a track car... It's more of a fun road car to throw around 😁

The chain? I thought the EA211 was a belt driven and not chain? 

I wrote chain ahaha 😂 and i wanted to say belt , anyways i have some knocking sounds and vibrations, hope i have some good news from my skoda mechanic today !!! If you want to have some fun with the car don’t spend too much money , invest them to karting or something else, believe me i’m tired of throwing money to cars..

40 minutes ago, xensnow said:

I wrote chain ahaha 😂 and i wanted to say belt , anyways i have some knocking sounds and vibrations, hope i have some good news from my skoda mechanic today !!! If you want to have some fun with the car don’t spend too much money , invest them to karting or something else, believe me i’m tired of throwing money to cars..

Fair enough 😂

Good luck then! 

Nah I dont spend much money, trust me 😂

Hi guys, got the new wheels fitted. Quite happy with how they turned out! I ended up going against @FabiaGonzales recommendation for tyre size, opting for a more 'stretched' look. 185/50 to be exact! Love how the colour matches the colour of the paint almost perfectly, also that they don't look too much smaller in comparison to my last set which were 17". I think the larger tyre wall helps with that! I applied some Gtechniq C5 to the alloys before tyre fitting so hopefully they'll keep the dirt off for a while, gonna have to be extra careful this time around - I embarrassingly kerbed my last alloys and corrosion set in. 

104095665_1738827852947610_3797420075769996526_o.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Lemto said:

Hi guys, got the new wheels fitted. Quite happy with how they turned out! I ended up going against @FabiaGonzales recommendation for tyre size, opting for a more 'stretched' look. 185/50 to be exact! Love how the colour matches the colour of the paint almost perfectly, also that they don't look too much smaller in comparison to my last set which were 17". I think the larger tyre wall helps with that! I applied some Gtechniq C5 to the alloys before tyre fitting so hopefully they'll keep the dirt off for a while, gonna have to be extra careful this time around - I embarrassingly kerbed my last alloys and corrosion set in. 

That looks superb!! 👌👌👌 

I myself have recently changed wheels... Swapped my 17" Team Dynamics for some 15" steelies currently on 185/60 (probably will go for some 195/55 next time tyres need replacing...)

I must say I love the steelie look on a lowered car 😁 & the taller sidewall helps keeping speed up on broken tarmac 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemto said:

They look nice! I think the stretchedness will prevent any chance of rubbing, you'll probably gain a bit more comfort from that much stretch too haha

Are you still on just Eibach springs? Can't remember if you'd changed anything up. Got a set of Eibachs sat waiting to go on when ive got a bit more money and time, and a big turbo stuck on my engine waiting to be mapped in 😁 expecting 160+ from it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lemto said:

Looks really nice! I was looking at a set similar to these in black for mine. I decided on the multispoke instead because I was worried about the offset.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

That looks superb!! 👌👌👌 

I myself have recently changed wheels... Swapped my 17" Team Dynamics for some 15" steelies currently on 185/60 (probably will go for some 195/55 next time tyres need replacing...)

I must say I love the steelie look on a lowered car 😁 & the taller sidewall helps keeping speed up on broken tarmac 😎

Thank you mate, definitely looks nice on a European car! Hoping the taller sidewall will help avoid scuffs on bad roads, but I think it's just something that is going to happen. You got a picture of yours? I'm curious!

12 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

They look nice! I think the stretchedness will prevent any chance of rubbing, you'll probably gain a bit more comfort from that much stretch too haha

Are you still on just Eibach springs? Can't remember if you'd changed anything up. Got a set of Eibachs sat waiting to go on when ive got a bit more money and time, and a big turbo stuck on my engine waiting to be mapped in 😁 expecting 160+ from it. 

Cheers Gonzales, I haven't noticed as much rubbing but that may be due to me driving extra careful to keep these in good condition lol! I watched a couple of videos from guys called 'Fitment Industries' and used their logic to choose a suitable tyre stretch. I'm technically on a Stage 2 stretch which is probably as far as I'd go. Basically worked out that the baseline is the width of the alloy, around 205mm and then 195 would be a stage 1, 185 being stage 2 and 175 stage 3. I think the height of the sidewall can offset this slightly though, I just wanted a bit more between me and the road this time around. Previous wheels were 40, these are 50 I believe!

Last summer I got ST-X coilovers fitted, the Eibach springs done the job but they weren't as low as I would've liked. Funnily enough, the coilovers are currently at their lowest setting and it isn't as low as some may like but it's a good balance between looks and functionality; I don't want to worry about destroying my car for the stanced look! That's the main reason I was looking into Airlift Suspension, but it's too expensive for me currently. 

44 minutes ago, steslatt said:

Looks really nice! I was looking at a set similar to these in black for mine. I decided on the multispoke instead because I was worried about the offset.

They're definitely not something I'd normally go for, but they're growing on me massively. I was debating about getting black/dark alloys this time but felt I wanted something that would pop when it's clean lol. As for the offset, these are slightly poking but I like that look. Curious to see the wheels you have right now! 

Just now, Lemto said:

They're definitely not something I'd normally go for, but they're growing on me massively. I was debating about getting black/dark alloys this time but felt I wanted something that would pop when it's clean lol. As for the offset, these are slightly poking but I like that look. Curious to see the wheels you have right now! 

IMG_20191217_081200_MP.jpg

IMG_20191117_141351.jpg

1 hour ago, Lemto said:

Thank you mate, definitely looks nice on a European car! Hoping the taller sidewall will help avoid scuffs on bad roads, but I think it's just something that is going to happen. You got a picture of yours? I'm curious!

Here you go 😁

20200619_134808.jpg