vRS245 ordered club

Quick question for those buying their VRS on PCP. My finance paperwork came through for review and monthly payment (over 40 months, w/ £1K deposit, 10K miles/year) is about £536/month which seems a lot higher than I've seen other people mention.

For those with lower monthly payments, would you mind sharing some details on your set-up (deposit, term of contract, etc)?

So I got the details and it seems that the part exchange on my Fabia I've been offered cancels out my £2K Skoda deposit contribution.

Has anyone else sold to webuyanycar.com? How does what they offer compare with what they quote online? They offered £8,120 online vs £6900 at the Skoda dealership.

6 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Quick question for those buying their VRS on PCP. My finance paperwork came through for review and monthly payment (over 40 months, w/ £1K deposit, 10K miles/year) is about £536/month which seems a lot higher than I've seen other people mention.

For those with lower monthly payments, would you mind sharing some details on your set-up (deposit, term of contract, etc)?

Most are leasing rather than pcp.

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2018 at 12:10, AwaoffSki said:

Re Alcantara.  read the thread on that in the Karoq section.

These Car Dealership salespeople are just telling people any old thing.

Ask ' The Dealer',  the Principal Dealer, ie their boss, ask in writing and get an answer in writing, is there an Alcentara shortage?

( has VW Group upset suppliers again.)

CEO of a big Motor Group i spoke to on Friday had never heard of 'the endangered Alcantara'  or Prince Charles campaigning against the hunting of the Alcantara and the possible demise of them....

On 22/01/2018 at 11:33, Gobsheene said:

I was told by my dealer that they had trouble finding the appropriate amounts of Alcantara for the seats.

I said I'd happily slum it with a full leather version, but the dealer wasn't having it!

To be 'fair'  Comparing my 230 order to others who have got there's already when ordering at the same time, I had always suspected it was down to the seats.Now I notice you can't even spec the electric leather/alcantara seats on the configurator so there is probably some truth in it. I'm just paranoid that mine has now been fitted with standard ones! will find out on Saturday....

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Do you not have a quote or paperwork from your original contact/order ?

That seems a lot of money, I ordered mine when the 2nd day they were available to order so, wouldn't have got the best of deals although, I thought it was alright. I'm paying just under 400pm with 1-1/2k down, over 42 months @10k miles pa.

I've got a fair few extras too but, you must have just ticked every box !!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Does seem a lot, our 230 was specced to higher than a 245 i think (£28k?) and i'm paying £270 over 3 years  with a £4k deposit and £6.5k discount.... 

Edited by Robbijay
wrong quote

Does seem expensive. My 230 is fairly well Spec’d with black pack plus, 19’s, Alcantara seats, winter pack, spare wheel etc and the lease is £186 pm with £2800 initial rental. It’s more than the best 245 deals, but cheaper than pcp over 2 years. Total cost is around £7,100 and as it was a stock Car it was delivered About 3 weeks after ordering, I couldn’t afford to wait for a factory order 245.

16 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Do you not have a quote or paperwork from your original contact/order ?

That seems a lot of money, I ordered mine when the 2nd day they were available to order so, wouldn't have got the best of deals although, I thought it was alright. I'm paying just under 400pm with 1-1/2k down, over 42 months @10k miles pa.

I've got a fair few extras too but, you must have just ticked every box !!!

I have DSG, DCC, sunroof, Canton, winter pack and spare wheel. Not sure if that counts are every box but more than I normally go with but this was a 'treat' for myself.  I've got an appointment with webuyanycar this evening so will see if they can do better than £6900, if so I will go with them over the Skoda dealership. Lesson learned for me though, my next car will either be a lease or bought through carwow or drivethedeal I think.

19 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Anyone else feel like we’re all part of a large happy family which is going to be torn apart as the lucky ones take delivery of their new 245s and leave us, to play with their shiny new cars and gadgets.  Wonder how many of us will still be here asking about build weeks in 3-4 months time?   :D:crying::crying:

I will still be here based on current estimations! :)

(Ordered mid October, currently looking at getting the car in June!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shrimpvende said:

Does seem expensive. My 230 is fairly well Spec’d with black pack plus, 19’s, Alcantara seats, winter pack, spare wheel etc and the lease is £186 pm with £2800 initial rental. It’s more than the best 245 deals, but cheaper than pcp over 2 years. Total cost is around £7,100 and as it was a stock Car it was delivered About 3 weeks after ordering, I couldn’t afford to wait for a factory order 245.

When did you order it? when i went in in October they said there were none in the country, so i had to order one. 

1 minute ago, Robbijay said:

When did you order it? when i went in in October they said there were none in the country, so i had to order one. 

Ordered beginning of december, although dealers always had access to a number of stock cars when I was ringing around from mid November. In fairness they were all in Germany, seemingly sat at the dockside, hence the 3-4 week wait. It was shipped over around 10 days after I ordered it, the rest of the wait was the PDI here then arranging delivery. 

It was through Marshall Skoda if that helps 

£536 seems exceptionally expensive, I was paying that for my old 8P RS3 Sportback (albeit at 18 months old, £35k) on PCP with just £2k down, 10k miles p/a.

• Thanks 1

Dealer just rang my cars been built awaiting shipping.. delivery early Feb. Ordered 4th October. White 245 DSG DCC

24 mths lease £2460

down. 23 payments of £225. I'm happy with that. Can't wait !!

• Like 1

So I got the details and it seems that the part exchange on my Fabia I've been offered cancels out my £2K Skoda deposit contribution.

Has anyone else sold to webuyanycar.com? How does what they offer compare with what they quote online? They offered £8,120 online vs £6900 at the Skoda dealership.

Webuyanycar tend to offer one price online but then reduce for every reason under the sun when you take the car for the physical inspection in my experience - beware!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reddazforever said:

Webuyanycar tend to offer one price online but then reduce for every reason under the sun when you take the car for the physical inspection in my experience - beware!

Will see what they say. I'm expecting to have the online price knocked down for various reasons but it depends on how much they knock it down whether it reaches what the dealership are offering.

13 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Dealer just rang my cars been built awaiting shipping.. delivery early Feb. Ordered 4th October. White 245 DSG DCC

24 mths lease £2460

down. 23 payments of £225. I'm happy with that. Can't wait !!

Nice one!  I still seem as far away from that as I ever was!  Ordered October 9th and expected delivery mid may!

Sold my mk2 vRS to WBAC as no one else seemed interested and although their computer system knocked £1k off the online value they were able to use some discretion and in the end just took £500 off. It was a very straightforward and stress free experience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, martysparty99 said:

Nice one!  I still seem as far away from that as I ever was!  Ordered October 9th and expected delivery mid may!

Think you've just got to hang on in there mate, 

I was originally quoted March then it went out to may/ June and then came back to  Feb. For no reason I could see. Fingers crossed you won't have to  wait that long .