vRS245 ordered club

2 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

More progress!!  

It's going to the Port of Tyne and I suspect it will be on either:

CITY OF SUNDERLAND    27/01/2018 00:00    Arrival    Emden    RORO 3 
CITY OF AMSTERDAM    28/01/2018 00:00    Arrival    Emden    RORO 3

Or if not we're well into the first week of Feburary for the next one.

Not long now! 

Untitled.jpg

As my own car is immenant I wondered if anyone has any experience with those flip up security posts that bolt to the drive or do people think it would just bring unwanted interest to the car. I have posted else where on this site but didn't get an answer.

I would be interested in people's opinions as I don't won't to get the car and 3 weeks time some scumbag nicks it.

1 minute ago, 1BODGER said:

As my own car is immenant I wondered if anyone has any experience with those flip up security posts that bolt to the drive or do people think it would just bring unwanted interest to the car. I have posted else where on this site but didn't get an answer.

I would be interested in people's opinions as I don't won't to get the car and 3 weeks time some scumbag nicks it.

My neighbour has one - believe it or not, he is the only one who has had his car nicked lol

Attracts unwanted attention IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matt9407 said:

My neighbour has one - believe it or not, he is the only one who has had his car nicked lol

Attracts unwanted attention IMO

Bolting to your drive won’t be much kop, you need as much below ground as above ground to prevent prying out.

31 minutes ago, Rjw_ipswich said:

My VRS 245 confirmed for delivery on the 1st march and just ordered a Karoq for the wife which should arrive in 12-14 weeks.  Exciting times :D

Some people just can’t resist rubbing it in ;):D:D.  Enjoy!

• Haha 2

Quick question, and please say if I should go to another chat for this but....does anyone know how easy it will be to sell a mk2 octavia vrs diesel? Im aware of the bad press diesels have been getting but intertested to know if this is affecting sales at all? Would be good to hear people's views. Would also give me a good idea of when to put it up for sale!

Just sold my 11 plate CR DSG with 88k and good spec for £6300, have a look in the cars for sale section for details of my car to give you an idea.    That was just on Monday in preparation for my 245 coming in the next week or two.  

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Rjw_ipswich said:

Quick question, and please say if I should go to another chat for this but....does anyone know how easy it will be to sell a mk2 octavia vrs diesel? Im aware of the bad press diesels have been getting but intertested to know if this is affecting sales at all? Would be good to hear people's views. Would also give me a good idea of when to put it up for sale!

New car sales are impacted, but if they cut their prices by 20% that would probably reverse. So it's perhaps not "will it sell" but more "what price will I get" that you should worry about.

7 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Just sold my 11 plate CR DSG with 88k and good spec for £6300, have a look in the cars for sale section for details of my car to give you an idea.    That was just on Monday in preparation for my 245 coming in the next week or two.  

Hope that helps.

That does help!  Mine is also an 11 plate DSG which has done around 55k miles.  gives me a bit more hope on a quick sell, thanks!

So after daily calls with my case manager have managed to get Skoda to match the support on my original order with support on a new order of a instock 245 (or shortly to be instock 245 - currently at UK port).

Originally paying £6,100 over 2 years for Red DSG with no extras, now paying £6,600 for meteor grey with spare wheel, with the added bonus of getting the car within 2 weeks rather than 4 months.

Overall I'll take it and tip if you do find any 245s instock get onto them quickly and try and do the same if you don't want to be hanging around!!!

Paper work on the new car just going through so finger crossed I'll have it all confirmed today/early next week!!!

Looking at replacing my '14 VRS before May this year. Looking at a 245 in white.

How would you compare the ride ECO 220 + 18's versus COMFORT 245 +19's ?

Is the 245 with 19s in comfort mode more comfortable?

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Steveh3 said:

Looking at replacing my '14 VRS before May this year. Looking at a 245 in white.

Thanks.

Iv heard the 245 on 19's isn't built for comfort. DCC does make a noticeable difference however.

Not personal experience mind.

18 hours ago, Steveh3 said:

Thanks.

Is the question are 19s with DCC set to comfort more comfortable than 18s on standard suspension?   I've only ever has a short test drive in a 220 on 18s, but if the 245 with DCC in comfort mode is more comfortable its pretty marginal I would say.

Others really rate DCC, but I maintain it doesn't turn the 245 into a magic carpet ride.   Saying that if you can live with the current VRS you can probably live with a 245 ride wise. 

4 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Is the question are 19s with DCC set to comfort more comfortable than 18s on standard suspension?   I've only ever has a short test drive in a 220 on 18s, but if the 245 with DCC in comfort mode is more comfortable its pretty marginal I would say.

Others really rate DCC, but I maintain it doesn't turn the 245 into a magic carpet ride.   Saying that if you can live with the current VRS you can probably live with a 245 ride wise. 

Thanks for the feedback. Gotten use to my 220 on 18s so as long as the 245 on 19s in comfort is comparable or no worse then should be fine I think. 

So I'm status 40, in UK port awaiting transport booking.

They tell me up to another 10 working days to get to dealer, seems a long time for the last leg, anyone else know how long it took for them from UK port to dealer?    Cheers! 

24 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

So I'm status 40, in UK port awaiting transport booking.

They tell me up to another 10 working days to get to dealer, seems a long time for the last leg, anyone else know how long it took for them from UK port to dealer?    Cheers! 

Not a 245 but mine arrived in the UK on Monday last week, arrived at the PDI centre today and will be ready for pickup on Wednesday morning. So 9 days total.