Remap issue?

Maybe I should start a new thread to enlighten us all on how they are faring. Probably get a lot more responses from, dare I say it, a golf mk6 forum though just because of the population of cars....

I guess this would be very good to keep it on eyes. To 2.0TSI I do not have detailed info, but according file atached with printscreens from ETKA, updates March 2017, you will see what "Deutsch Ordnung" they have at ETKA ... Data for 2011 Skoda Octavia, Passat CC and Audi A3, focused on CCZA engines.

What is obvious, during May/June 2011 they changed from pistons with 21mm pin to pistons with 23mm pin. What are the actual pistons+rings fitted before that time is an Enigma as all parts mentioned at ETKA are still available. When you compare that with 1.8 CDAA and the problematic pistons 06H107065BS, those are dropped without direct replacements, just other parts can be used as solution ...

Look at piston rings too, each brand recommends for CCZA something different.

As I mentioned, TPI surely describes not the first modification. Currently have no other for CCZA. Just as info to compare with, 1.8 CDAA had at least three pistons/rings design (suffixes BS, CP, DF) and yet the latest one came in 2015 after EOP (suffix DL) ...

What I know I would not want to be one of the technicians at VAG these days :cool: ... If you have someone at VAG with access to ETKA, ask him/her to look at it for you accross VAG brands. Same engine code must have same internal parts at any brand ...

CCZA.pdf

CCZA .docx

Edited by rayx
  • Like 1