Delivery Timescales

6 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Yeah, good idea. I’ll check previous posts for names etc to find out who to move it up to. A job for tomorrow. 

Exec Office is    [email protected]

New top guy is Rod McLeod.  Some gen here: http://www.businesscar.co.uk/news/2017/skoda-uk-appoints-new-director?acceptpolicy=1

Good luck :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

We ordered an Octavia Scout DSG with KESSY, Electric Boot, Winter pack and spare at the end of last week (week 13) Currently being told week 19. Dealer is West End Garage Dunfermline and they will keep us informed. I think some dealers may hold back orders to next month once they've reached their target. Ours certainly doesn't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowdie said:

We ordered an Octavia Scout DSG with KESSY, Electric Boot, Winter pack and spare at the end of last week (week 13) Currently being told week 19. Dealer is West End Garage Dunfermline and they will keep us informed. I think some dealers may hold back orders to next month once they've reached their target. Ours certainly doesn't

Hopefully I've circumvented that issue by ordering near the end of the month lol

• Haha 1

On 05/04/2018 at 19:58, peterhardy said:

Exec Office is    executive.office@skoda.co.uk

New top guy is Rod McLeod.  Some gen here: http://www.businesscar.co.uk/news/2017/skoda-uk-appoints-new-director?acceptpolicy=1

Good luck :thumbup:

Well, they’ve been suitably emailed so let’s see what they say! Many thanks!

On 4/4/2018 at 19:22, ScottyNS said:

Yeah, my car has been stuck at Emden since 29th March. Hopefully it will head over soon.

Mine has been there since the 24th! Think it will be getting on a boat start of next week but waiting for confirmation from the dealer.

Just now, Mcburns88 said:

Mine has been there since the 24th! Think it will be getting on a boat start of next week but waiting for confirmation from the dealer.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you - you really would have expected it to have been on a ship by now! I wonder if there is a backlog? I’m frustrated enough as it is, but hopefully it will move again soon. I’m simply bored of waiting now!

Just now, ScottyNS said:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you - you really would have expected it to have been on a ship by now! I wonder if there is a backlog? I’m frustrated enough as it is, but hopefully it will move again soon. I’m simply bored of waiting now!

Probably a case of less frequent boats to Ireland for me. To be honest after waiting 5 months already a few weeks extra to delivery seems nothing!. Should have it in 3 more weeks maximum. I'm thinking of getting a ceramic coating done though so i'll be collecting it, driving it straight to the detailers and handing it over for 4 days :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

Probably a case of less frequent boats to Ireland for me. To be honest after waiting 5 months already a few weeks extra to delivery seems nothing!. Should have it in 3 more weeks maximum. I'm thinking of getting a ceramic coating done though so i'll be collecting it, driving it straight to the detailers and handing it over for 4 days :biggrin:

Fair enough. I'd love to go for the ceramic coating, but opted for LifeShine (for £99) interior and exterior, mainly as I am leasing it for two years and I want the interior protection thanks to my 3 yr old. I'm hoping to buy it at the end of the lease though, so may investigate get it done then, from what I have heard the right coating and detailer and it can last 5 years?

2 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Fair enough. I'd love to go for the ceramic coating, but opted for LifeShine (for £99) interior and exterior, mainly as I am leasing it for two years and I want the interior protection thanks to my 3 yr old. I'm hoping to buy it at the end of the lease though, so may investigate get it done then, from what I have heard the right coating and detailer and it can last 5 years?

Yep that's right, 5 years is about the max you'd get out of it. The issue with getting it done down the line is that much more work will be needed to get the paint right before the coating goes on. 

Yeah, that is my fear. I'm also dubious about the quality of the work for LifeShine applied, but hey, it's going to be better than nothing for inside and out. 

I'll see what the future brings - as I don't think it's a certainty that they'll let me buy it, so it's not worth the investment now. I know someone who had their AMG coated, alloys too and it looked top notch, so no doubt yours will after such a treatment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

Dont VAG cars come to the UK and then trucked over to Dublin? They certainly used to as I’d often see transporters in Holyhead heading over to Dublin.

Just now, KevC_Derby said:

Dont VAG cars come to the UK and then trucked over to Dublin? They certainly used to as I’d often see transporters in Holyhead heading over to Dublin.

Can vary as far as I know. There is a car carrier coming from Emden to Dublin early next week. What makes ship cars out of Emden?

1 minute ago, Mcburns88 said:

Can vary as far as I know. There is a car carrier coming from Emden to Dublin early next week. What makes ship cars out of Emden?

I couldn’t tell you as of now - French and Spanish produced cars used to come into Rosslare and Cork/Cobh.

i lives in Wexford from 96 for 10 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Yup. Mine was built in week 11. Mid March. At the port for 3 weeks. Just arrived in the country apparently. All I’ve got to show for it is a reg number and a credit agreement..

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Best thing I did. No more waxing. Just wash and dry. Detailer lived not too far from the Car Dealers so he did the Ceramic Coating there before it was registered to me or driven on the roads. I went round to the garage to watch him apply it in their underground compound. Think it was €375 for Sonax CC36. Just got the garage to PDI the car and only take the protective plastic wrapping off and not to wash it. The Detailer did the rest. Paintwork, wheels, engine bay and interior protection. 

A0A574C2-5B2F-436E-81CF-CB11CCE35097-5273-000007EC109A0BBB.jpeg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

My car is arriving in to Dublin on Wednesday on a ship called Paglia, it made a stop in Sheerness today :biggrin:

Great stuff!  You've had a long wait but you're in the final straight now! :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Another one on the home straight, car has arrived at Grimsby. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer!

Nearly there now... :)

• Like 1

Another one in same boat (no pun)! VRS diesel ordered end of January confirmed build complete 5th April and will be with dealer W/C 8th May. Gone are days of going to dealer and getting one out the showroom. Looking forward to it:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gman1967 said:

Gone are days of going to dealer and getting one out the showroom

Dead right!  There's so much choice from colours to options now that there's virtually no chance of finding your chosen spec in stock anywhere.

1 hour ago, gman1967 said:

Another one in same boat (no pun)!

Good one! :D