Tmps Sensors

Zenbasses

Hiya everyone 

So I've just sold my 18s in my L&K and order a set of 19 Sirus's from Super skoda 

Obviously the tpms go with the old wheels nut I have a few questions I haven't found the answer to before you go ringing skoda to get some... 

1. Are all tpms sensors generic as long as Mhz is correct? (fitment shape depending) 

2. Does anyone know the part number for them?

3. Are bands interchangeable I. E will a Vw passat fit a Superb MkIII? 

4. Will the car get a tantrum on if they weren't there for a few weeks or will I just get a Check your tyres warning message / symbol? 

5. Do I need to go to a dealer to have them coded to the car or will the on board computer 're learn' them? 

My new tyres are getting their tyres fitted free as my friend owns a garage so I can just wait for them to be delivered if they take a few weeks to arrive. 

I can get my tyres put on and off again for nothing

Well a pack of beers seals the deal.. Lol. 

Any advice ?? 

Many thanks

Ben 

Edited by Zenbasses

If your car shows individual tyre pressures then you will need new/expensive sensors but if it only shows which wheel has a problem then that feature is with the car and not the wheel.

Edited by john999boy
Typo

Hmmmz 

I thought the tpms sensor was a separate bit

Like this so I'd need 4 sensors at £50 a throw... When my L&K tpms lit up after a bought it.. (battery disconnect usually) then it just displayed a warning light but didn't tell me which wheel... I just set the pressures again and it was fine ever since.. 9852-tpms-sensor.jpg

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

not modern, but cheep way to save money of producer

some part codes

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/434028-tire-pressure-monitoring-system/

As above, fairly dumb system that piggy backs off the ABS sensor.  As soon as the sensor detects one wheel is rotating at a different speed to the others, the system assumes a loss of pressure and alerts the driver.  

Hiya All,

Okay so that fills me some confidence that I don't have to rush out to buy some TPMS monitors straight away.

I've looked and I can see some aftermarket ones that are highly regarded on here..

I might look to add some in the future :)..

Many  Thanks