Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Hi guys,

I am thinking about getting a 67 plate ŠKODA OCTAVIA and wondering if any of you guys can help me with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). The model of interest is 1.0 se technology DSG which has the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as standard. does any one know whether it has the stop and go function? One of my friends has the last gen ACC which will bring the car to a complete stop but won't hold the car there so you still need to brake in stop and go traffic. The one in the golf can stop the car and hold it there. If you want to go again, a gentle tap on the brake will reactive the ACC.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian

If I remember correctly it will stop the car completely but then you are given a warning to "Press the Brake" and you have to manually put your foot on the brake. (for the reasons Scott gave above).

I have driven a DSG with ACC but currently own a manual so I could be wrong though.

I'm open to correction but my understanding is that the DSG will bring the vehicle to a full stop, moving off again when the vehicle ahead moves, whereas the manual will only slow the vehicle down to a certain speed, at which point the driver then has to de-clutch and stop. 

I've got the Octavia Lauren & Klement 15 plate DSG with ACC,  the car will bring you to a complete stop after a couple of seconds it then tells you to put your foot on the brake.  If you don't after a couple more seconds the ACC is deactivated and it will release the brakes and start creeping forward.  If the car has brought you to a stop but the traffic starts moving again before the warning has stopped and ACC is deactivated then the car will start moving forward again.  

Would be much better if it just held the car on the brakes for longer but unfortunately it doesn't.  I still love my ACC though :-)

Edited by simonk1969

12 hours ago, simonk1969 said:

I've got the Octavia Lauren & Klement 15 plate DSG with ACC,  the car will bring you to a complete stop after a couple of seconds it then tells you to put your foot on the brake.  If you don't after a couple more seconds the ACC is deactivated and it will release the brakes and start creeping forward.  If the car has brought you to a stop but the traffic starts moving again before the warning has stopped and ACC is deactivated then the car will start moving forward again.  

Would be much better if it just held the car on the brakes for longer but unfortunately it doesn't.  I still love my ACC though :-)

This seems to me to be one of the best car gadgets invented for ages. Can't wait to get it one day

To the OP, in a DSG it will bring you to a complete stop and then immediately ask you to put your foot on the brake thus disabling the cruise control.

you can play chicken with it and it will give 1-2 seconds so if the car moves off the ACC will continue to work. Really it’s rubbish in that scenario, one of the reasons I moved to a Golf.

If you do out your foot on the brake you then need to re-engage it as you move off.

the golf will bring you to a stop and hold it there until your ready without driver intervention. A press of “resume” or a gentle tap of the accel pedal will allow the car to move again will the ACC still fully engaged.

it is basically the EPB which allows autohold to be coded, this is what holds the car. The Octavia ABS module is most likely capable of autohold but without an EPB it cannot be coded. It’s either EPB+AUTOHOLD or HILL HOLD or NOTHING

You need the first for ACC to work as you want

Or a superb DSG? Having gone from an Octavia to a golf you really notice the difference in space (both rear passengers and the boot).

if only they did a TSI vRS 4x4 Octavia with EPB......

1 hour ago, xpower said:

Or a superb DSG? Having gone from an Octavia to a golf you really notice the difference in space (both rear passengers and the boot).

I found this with a loaner Audi A3 Sportback I had last week. Both the cabin and boot seemed significantly smaller than my Octavia. Carpets were nicer though!

Superb DSG is a great shout... Plus you can get a lovely TSI 280 4x4... :cool:

5 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I found this with a loaner Audi A3 Sportback I had last week. Both the cabin and boot seemed significantly smaller than my Octavia. Carpets were nicer though!

Superb DSG is a great shout... Plus you can get a lovely TSI 280 4x4... :cool:

But, it handles like a bloody tug boat, I felt I could have done with sea sickness tablets when I test drove one.

• Haha 1