Skoda approved lowering springs for a MK3 VRS?

11 minutes ago, stever750 said:

I don't know, doubt it, but have you asked dealer, or skoda UK? 

Not yet, figured here would be a good place to ask being an owners forum of enthusiasts.

Many dealers offered an "approved" Eibach 20mm lowering kit on the MK2 VRS, was supplied and fitted by the dealer and didn't come with any warranty exclusions, be interested if there was a similar route with the MK3.

I'll do some digging and update if I find anything, the part number would be E10-79-010-02-22 for the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering the VRS 15ish mm all round which is what I'm after.

I asked the same question many moons ago when I got my Mk3 VRS and there wasnt any, nor was they any springs for the vRS at that time. Whether its changed since Im not sure as it was 4 years ago.

I spoke to Eibach and they supplied me the springs which actually was A3 sportback ones but said the octavia’s will be the same when released.

For such a small drop made a huge difference.

5D972482-9859-4346-B374-5F7E06D319F3.jpeg

090C8B52-ADF6-42B2-BDD2-BEEC5D2381B0.jpeg

CAEF179B-B622-4C98-9D1E-C8AEC6BD41FC.jpeg

Edited by Robfab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

thats the perfect stance.... i need a set of 19s :biggrin:

are you running spacers as well?

i would have assumed the ride would be much harsher? 

Yea that’s on 12mm spacers all round. 

19 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

Just a manual gearbox and my right foot lol 

DCC is Dynamic Chassis Control, electronically adjustable dampers which allow you to switch between sport (stiff) normal and comfort.     My new VRS I've specced with these, I've been reading on Golf forums that you can just use a mild drop spring as normal though.

Cheers 

On 10/1/2017 at 08:25, JohnnyType2 said:

thats the perfect stance.... i need a set of 19s :biggrin:

i would have assumed the ride would be much harsher? 

19's will undoubtedly provide a 'harsher' ride than the 18's; but considering I have those, 235/35 profile tyres, and the Eibach Pro Kit (~25mm drop), the ride is absolutely perfect.

Yes, it's (more) cringe-worthy going directly over potholes and the like, but the amount of control gained over steering, pitch and roll minimisation, and getting that 'flowy' feel is totally worth it!

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2017 at 10:38, Esseesse200 said:

Yea that’s on 12mm spacers all round. 

Looks nice, same as I intend doing to ours when it arrives.

Surprised they are only 12mm spacers tbh, I'm sure I read someone else's thread on here and they're running 20mm?

16 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Looks nice, same as I intend doing to ours when it arrives.

Surprised they are only 12mm spacers tbh, I'm sure I read someone else's thread on here and they're running 20mm?

Just be aware that the new 2017 facelift vrs’s are already 20mm wider track at the back than the prefacelift ones. So I would think any more than 8-10mm spacers and you’ll be rubbing.. I had 20mm on and it just didn’t feel quite right, so I went to 12mm each side all round. however that pic of mine has 235/35/19 tyres on so that makes it slightly wider than original 225/35/19 anyway. 

Edited by Esseesse200

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

Just be aware that the new 2017 facelift vrs’s are already 20mm wider track at the back than the prefacelift ones. So I would think any more than 8-10mm spacers and you’ll be rubbing.. I had 20mm on and it just didn’t feel quite right, so I went to 12mm each side all round. however that pic of mine has 235/35/19 tyres on so that makes it slightly wider than original 225/35/19 anyway. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Now you've mentioned it, it's reminded me that they've widened the track on the F/L but I'm waiting for it to arrive before ordering anything else for it. I will then get the springs fitted and wait for it to settle before considering the spacers.

Personally, I think that's what I dislike (despite ordering them) about the Extremes, they just sit too far in, but like yours, once they're sitting where they should, they're transformed.

BTW, have you ever had Eibachs on anything before? I used to swear by them but the last couple of cars I've had them on I've been less impressed. Tried H&R's on my Merc 190e and was suitably impressed.

6 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Now you've mentioned it, it's reminded me that they've widened the track on the F/L but I'm waiting for it to arrive before ordering anything else for it. I will then get the springs fitted and wait for it to settle before considering the spacers.

Personally, I think that's what I dislike (despite ordering them) about the Extremes, they just sit too far in, but like yours, once they're sitting where they should, they're transformed.

BTW, have you ever had Eibachs on anything before? I used to swear by them but the last couple of cars I've had them on I've been less impressed. Tried H&R's on my Merc 190e and was suitably impressed.

Yea I’ve had eibachs on Italian stuff before and they were ok. The last 3 cars we’ve had tho I’ve had H&R and they have been superb. I had them on a vxr Meriva, and now on my octy VRS and the wife’s Fabia vrs estate. They are very specific to each vehicle and they are really good with emails. Lady called Yvonne menzebach there 

7 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

Yea I’ve had eibachs on Italian stuff before and they were ok. The last 3 cars we’ve had tho I’ve had H&R and they have been superb. I had them on a vxr Meriva, and now on my octy VRS and the wife’s Fabia vrs estate. They are very specific to each vehicle and they are really good with emails. Lady called Yvonne menzebach there 

Was beginning to think it was just me with the Eibachs and put the first set that disappointed down to buying them via German eBay and suspecting they weren't genuine, but then tried again with them on another car which I bought here via a reputable dealer and they were just the same.

H&R it will be when the time comes ;) .

4 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Was beginning to think it was just me with the Eibachs and put the first set that disappointed down to buying them via German eBay and suspecting they weren't genuine, but then tried again with them on another car which I bought here via a reputable dealer and they were just the same.

H&R it will be when the time comes ;) .

Sounds good. Best thing to do is get in contact with Yvonne there and give her your vehicle details. Age etc and she’ll give you a part number to order. I’ve had all sets of mine off eBay.de. They will most likely come with some new, shorter bumpstops for the front too. Company called tuner shop on eBay supplied mine and they were less than 200 pounds. When the euro was better tho 

7 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

they were less than 200 pounds. When the euro was better tho 

When I was searching back at the end of August after ordering the car, I think they can be sourced here for circa £200.

Sadly I had a really good deal for my Merc by searching the part number, they came up on Amazon for £96 with free next day delivery with Amazon Prime......not gonna be that lucky with the Octavia.